Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Is PO Pain comparable to engorgement

Old 07-16-2018, 01:41 PM

bamawife is on a distinguished road
Question Is PO Pain comparable to engorgement

Ladies, I am still 4 months out from having my BL/BA but I have been looking at as many before/after pictures as possible. I noticed that in most pictures, the first post-op pictures remind me of what I looked like while breastfeeding my first child. I would get so engorged that it was extremely painful. If you breastfed, is the BL/BA post op pain comparable to being engorged?

Thank you in advance!
Old 07-17-2018, 05:10 PM

bells1987 is on a distinguished road
Totally comparable, yes. The first three/four days were pretty rocky, but every day after that was 50% better than the last. Morning boob is a real thing too lol Iíll be three weeks PO tomorrow
The Following User Says Thank You to bells1987 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2018, 03:28 AM

ohiomommy is on a distinguished road
I didnít have a lift just augmented and I felt like it was totally comparable to engorgement and it fell like I did 5 million pushups
The Following User Says Thank You to ohiomommy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2018, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by bells1987 View Post
Totally comparable, yes. The first three/four days were pretty rocky, but every day after that was 50% better than the last. Morning boob is a real thing too lol Iíll be three weeks PO tomorrow
Thank you! I think that is what I am dreading the most. Engorgement was awful until I could pump! What exactly is morning boob? I have seen several references to it but not sure what it is.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by ohiomommy View Post
I didnít have a lift just augmented and I felt like it was totally comparable to engorgement and it fell like I did 5 million pushups
I hated being engorged!! The only relief I could get was pumping and taking a hot shower. What did you do to help with the pain? Do the pain meds really work?
Old 07-19-2018, 03:33 AM

swiftsally is on a distinguished road
Yes feels exactly like that. Just wear the support bra all the time. Get off the pain killer as fast as possible and get some extra strength tylenol. It takes a good week before the "what have I done" feeling starts to fade.
The Following User Says Thank You to swiftsally For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2018, 03:02 PM

Whaleshark is on a distinguished road
That's exactly how I felt. I kept thinking "I need to pump to relieve this feeling!"
The Following User Says Thank You to Whaleshark For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2018, 11:17 AM

Texasvibe17 is on a distinguished road
Yes, very similar but way worse! The pressure is pretty wild. Bells is right- morning boob is legit! I dreaded getting out of bed. Definitely sleep inclined next to the edge of the bed so you don't have far to go getting up and out. Roll on your side and use those abs. The first few days my husband or boys helped me up. It made a difference. Everyone is so right though- the first few days are terrible but after that you do find relief even if it's only slight. Believe me you will appreciate it! My husband ordered me a memory foam sleep incline from Amazon and it has been so helpful! That and tons of pillows.
I took narcotic pain meds for maybe 3 days and stopped. Definitely stop asap and go to whatever else your PS gives you that is non-narcotic... Mine was torodol. After that it was just motrin if needed. Narcotics kill my belly and I had enough digestive issues from surgery alone. Good luck!!!

Edited to say: muscle relaxers helped more than the pain meds for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to Texasvibe17 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2018, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Texasvibe17 View Post
Yes, very similar but way worse! The pressure is pretty wild. Bells is right- morning boob is legit! I dreaded getting out of bed. Definitely sleep inclined next to the edge of the bed so you don't have far to go getting up and out. Roll on your side and use those abs. The first few days my husband or boys helped me up. It made a difference. Everyone is so right though- the first few days are terrible but after that you do find relief even if it's only slight. Believe me you will appreciate it! My husband ordered me a memory foam sleep incline from Amazon and it has been so helpful! That and tons of pillows.
I took narcotic pain meds for maybe 3 days and stopped. Definitely stop asap and go to whatever else your PS gives you that is non-narcotic... Mine was torodol. After that it was just motrin if needed. Narcotics kill my belly and I had enough digestive issues from surgery alone. Good luck!!!

Edited to say: muscle relaxers helped more than the pain meds for me!
Thank you so much! I am going to opt for the exparel shot unless I change my mind. I don't care for narcotics unless I absolutely need them. I have been on flexeril for over 2 years due to a back injury. I am somewhat afraid they will not work for me as well as other's who haven't been taking them for a long time. I am going to ask my PS about whether the dose I already take should be increased for me PO.

I appreciate all of your advice!!!!!
Old 08-01-2018, 10:55 AM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Very, very, very similar. Yes. However, for me the first 4 days were WAY worse than engorgement ever was. I've had four natural, unmedicated childbirths and the first 4 days pain was more on par with Labor than milk coming in. lol Not even kidding. And I was taking Percocet.

That said, everyone is so different. Some people have almost no pain, and some say it's the worst pain of their life. Mine were large, 550cc under the muscle and my doctor said my muscle was "freakishly strong" (Gymnast here) and he really had to tug and manipulate it to create a pocket. I think that contributed to my early post op pain level.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:00 AM

Texasvibe17 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bamawife View Post
Thank you so much! I am going to opt for the exparel shot unless I change my mind. I don't care for narcotics unless I absolutely need them. I have been on flexeril for over 2 years due to a back injury. I am somewhat afraid they will not work for me as well as other's who haven't been taking them for a long time. I am going to ask my PS about whether the dose I already take should be increased for me PO.

I appreciate all of your advice!!!!!
Of course :-)

One of docs I consulted with uses exparel. I was hoping the doc I went with used it but he didn't. I hear great things about it.
Not a bad idea to speak with PS about flexeril. That's what I was on and if I am not mistaken it's a short-term MR and stops working with continued use. I could be wrong but I think I read it on the pharmacy print out before my surgery in June.