Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.


Second Thoughts

Reply Subscribe
Old 07-20-2018, 10:48 AM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 16
Fit.chic is on a distinguished road
Second Thoughts

I am scheduled to have an anchor lift without implants on August 1st. However, after speaking with several friends and looking at photos I'm now having second thoughts as to whether or not I can achieve the desired "perkiness" I would like from just a lift. I am now considering adding an implant. Has anyone else experienced this same feeling or gotten just a lift and is satisfied?
Fit.chic is offline  
Old 07-20-2018, 11:12 AM
  #2  
 
Moxxy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 375
Moxxy will become famous soon enough
What are your stats? Have you and your surgeon discussed your expectations for perkiness previously? My best friend is super petite, but sheís rather busty. She had a lift and positively loves them, and I think they look great! So I know itís definitely possible can you schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss your goals?
Moxxy is offline  
Old 07-20-2018, 11:34 AM
  #3  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 16
Fit.chic is on a distinguished road
I am 5'5" 130lbs and I currently wear a 32D. I did discuss this at length with my doctor at my consultation and he assured me repeatedly that I would be thrilled with the results of just the lift. I felt great when I left his office, but as I talked with more and more people (who have had implants only) and was told that a lift alone wound not be enough, I started second guessing my decision. It's good to hear that your friend was happy with her lift without the implants, that makes me feel a lot better. Thanks 🙂
Fit.chic is offline  
Old 07-20-2018, 11:54 AM
  #4  
 
Crmmkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,924
Crmmkm is on a distinguished road
There is a woman here who had got a lift and implants but had a complication and had to have her implants removed right away and she is still very pleased with her lift. It is definitely more common on here especially though to see women getting both a lift and implants. Do you have any boob idols? Do you want larger at all? Was your surgeon confident that just a lift will give you the full perkiness you desire?
Crmmkm is offline  
Old 07-20-2018, 02:50 PM
  #5  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 16
Fit.chic is on a distinguished road
It's good to hear that she is still very pleased with her lift after having her implants removed. I'm happy with my size and have no desire to be bigger, I just want them to be perkier without having to wear an underwire or push up bra all the time. Did you have both a lift and implants? And if so, what was the determining factor in your decision?
Fit.chic is offline  
Old 07-20-2018, 03:10 PM
  #6  
 
Crmmkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,924
Crmmkm is on a distinguished road
It sounds like a lift is all you need then to get your desired look. I only have implants. I didn't have any tissue to lift haha
Crmmkm is offline  
Old 07-20-2018, 03:42 PM
  #7  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 16
Fit.chic is on a distinguished road
Haha, good for you! I think I will stick with just the lift. Thanks for the reassurance.
Fit.chic is offline  
Old 07-20-2018, 04:05 PM
  #8  
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee
 
BooBitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 5,148
BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Underwires are only uncomfortable if you're wearing the wrong size from the start. You shouldn't feel them at all! I have seen many lifts without implants, but you will not be the same size at all, you will look smaller, but lifted. I've yet to see someone maintain the same size post lift w/o implants and they always look better post op than pre b/c they are not saggy (for lack of a better term at the moment!). It's a very personal decision and a tough one at that! It wouldn't hurt to ask Revis or Pelletiere on here for their opinion. They are pretty active here on the forum. Just click their links: https://www.justbreastimplants.com/f...urgeon-forums/

Last edited by BooBitties; 07-20-2018 at 04:06 PM.
BooBitties is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to BooBitties For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2018, 07:19 PM
  #9  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 16
Fit.chic is on a distinguished road
I agree, underwires can be very uncomfortable. I will definitely check out those links. Very good information, thank you.
Fit.chic is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 04:41 PM
  #10  
 
bamawife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Alabama
Posts: 173
bamawife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BooBitties View Post
Underwires are only uncomfortable if you're wearing the wrong size from the start. You shouldn't feel them at all! I have seen many lifts without implants, but you will not be the same size at all, you will look smaller, but lifted. I've yet to see someone maintain the same size post lift w/o implants and they always look better post op than pre b/c they are not saggy (for lack of a better term at the moment!). It's a very personal decision and a tough one at that! It wouldn't hurt to ask Revis or Pelletiere on here for their opinion. They are pretty active here on the forum. Just click their links: https://www.justbreastimplants.com/f...urgeon-forums/

This is the exact reason that I will be having implants with my lift! I do not want to regret not getting them and having to go back for another surgery!!
bamawife is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 04:54 PM
  #11  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 16
Fit.chic is on a distinguished road
After speaking with my doctor again I found out that he will not do the lift and implants at the same time unless the implant is 175cc or under, so chances are I would have to do 2 surgeries anyway. So now I'm really hoping that I'm happy with just the lift because I definitely don't want to go back for another surgery.
Fit.chic is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 06:42 PM
  #12  
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee
 
BooBitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 5,148
BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
That's a very safe way, but many surgeons can do it with a larger cc amount. Sometimes in one surgery and sometimes in two. It really depends on your anatomy and end goal. Also, since your initial surgery is Aug 1, by the time you're cleared for anything, it will be too chilly for swimwear unless you live in climate similar to mid to south Florida.
BooBitties is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 08:03 PM
  #13  
 
LucyEBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 355
LucyEBR is on a distinguished road
I had a lift with big implants. I had a complication and had the implants removed. Iím still healing, but I
absolutely love having a lift. They are smaller, but perkier and not sagging to my tummy. I havenít worn anything except sports bras so far. Anyway, I think getting a lift and seeing how you feel about it before implants would be the best way to go. Once Iím all healed then my PS and I will decide if Iím going for implants again. I have to wait about 6 months. Best wishes and Iím sure youíll love having a lift.
LucyEBR is offline  
Old 07-23-2018, 11:36 PM
  #14  
 
PumpkinPasties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 197
PumpkinPasties is on a distinguished road
Hi! Don't feel pressure to get implants if you don't want them. They have their own set of complications that come with them and if you think you'll be happy with just a lift then I'd say go for it! Originally, I just wanted implants because I thought they would improve my shape. However, two surgeons told me that I would not achieve the results I wanted without a lift.

After my consults, I briefly contemplated just doing a lift as well but was worried about looking smaller, like what BooBitties was saying could happen. My surgeon told me a lift alone would look great but that I would lack upper pole fullness. I ultimately did a lift with saline implants and my surgeon and I discussed being able to remove the implants under local anesthesia should I have complications. This was important to me because I'm not the type to invest in revisions and I wanted to just be rid of them for as little money as possible if complications arose. So, to me, adding the implants wasn't a huge decision because I knew my surgeon could just pop them right back out for me.

Just so you know too, plenty of surgeons can do both surgeries together. I got 325cc saline's and my incisions don't seem to have any difficulty healing with the added weight. I've been in a sports bra 24/7 the last 12 weeks and keeping my incisions taped to help support them.
PumpkinPasties is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to PumpkinPasties For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2018, 08:02 AM
  #15  
 
LucyEBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 355
LucyEBR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Crmmkm View Post
There is a woman here who had got a lift and implants but had a complication and had to have her implants removed right away and she is still very pleased with her lift. It is definitely more common on here especially though to see women getting both a lift and implants. Do you have any boob idols? Do you want larger at all? Was your surgeon confident that just a lift will give you the full perkiness you desire?
I just realized after reading this and seeing that you posted it that you might have been talking about me and if not, I posted too. 😁
LucyEBR is offline  
Old 07-24-2018, 05:45 PM
  #16  
 
Crmmkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,924
Crmmkm is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LucyEBR View Post
I just realized after reading this and seeing that you posted it that you might have been talking about me and if not, I posted too. 😁
I was talking about you! I didn't know if you would be okay with me mentioning your name so I didn't. I'm glad you commented too though. Better to hear it from the source.
Crmmkm is offline  
Old 07-24-2018, 07:02 PM
  #17  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 16
Fit.chic is on a distinguished road
Thank you ladies for the great advice. After reading these comments I am much more confident in my decision to just have the lift only for now. I live in SC, and I agree with you BooBitties about it being too chilly to be out in a swimsuit by the time I'm completely healed.
Fit.chic is offline  
Old 07-24-2018, 08:20 PM
  #18  
 
LucyEBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 355
LucyEBR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Crmmkm View Post
I was talking about you! I didn't know if you would be okay with me mentioning your name so I didn't. I'm glad you commented too though. Better to hear it from the source.
Feel free to use my name and/or situation. I know what Iím going through doesnít happen often, but If there is a woman out there having something similar, I want her to know sheís not alone and things do get better. I go for another follow-up tomorrow. Iíll share my update after.
LucyEBR is offline  
Old 07-24-2018, 08:21 PM
  #19  
 
LucyEBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Posts: 355
LucyEBR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fit.chic View Post
Thank you ladies for the great advice. After reading these comments I am much more confident in my decision to just have the lift only for now. I live in SC, and I agree with you BooBitties about it being too chilly to be out in a swimsuit by the time I'm completely healed.
Youíll definitely have to keep us updated!
LucyEBR is offline  
Old 07-24-2018, 08:34 PM
  #20  
 
Crmmkm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,924
Crmmkm is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LucyEBR View Post
Feel free to use my name and/or situation. I know what Iím going through doesnít happen often, but If there is a woman out there having something similar, I want her to know sheís not alone and things do get better. I go for another follow-up tomorrow. Iíll share my update after.
Please do keep us updated! You're in my thoughts. Fingers crossed all is well for you! I'll be looking for your update.
Crmmkm is offline  
Reply Subscribe

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off