Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Exparel shot?

Old 07-28-2018, 06:05 PM

bamawife is on a distinguished road
Exparel shot?

Has anyone here had the exparel shot? My PS offers it and I am seriously considering it. The thought of feeling engorged post-op is already making me nauseous and my boobies hurt!

Thoughts and ideas on the shot?

My PS is Dr Hedden.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:31 PM

NJGal will become famous soon enough
Hi! I'm not sure if mine was Exparel but I did get a pain block post-op. The anesthesiologist came into recovery to administer it and honestly I was so out of it I don't remember anything. I do know, though that I had zero pain in my breasts afterwards and only took the pain pills for one day, then downgraded to ibuprofen. I was glad to switch and not be so loopy. HTH! Good luck with your BA!
The Following User Says Thank You to NJGal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2018, 06:48 PM

I believe the exparel shot is similar to a pain block. Its my understanding that the shot is injected directly into the surgical sites before you are sutured. It is supposed to be effective for up to 72 hours. I am really considering it but want to make sure that I don't feel so well that I get excited and do too much and end up hurting myself.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:35 AM

I decided against the shot. My doctor charges $500 for it. I have a very high pain tolerance so I think (hope and pray) I can manage with pain pills.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:53 AM

Musclelady is on a distinguished road
Ok, dumb question here. Would I have been told if I was receiving an Exparel shot? My anesthesiologist was very impersonal, told me i could stop the pain meds the very next day, which I couldn't do. Just curious.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:33 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Musclelady View Post
Ok, dumb question here. Would I have been told if I was receiving an Exparel shot? My anesthesiologist was very impersonal, told me i could stop the pain meds the very next day, which I couldn't do. Just curious.
yes, because its an extra charge, like Bamawife said up above. usually about $300-$500 more.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by KayKay1206 View Post
yes, because its an extra charge, like Bamawife said up above. usually about $300-$500 more.
Yes! You would have experienced little to no pain for the first 48-72 hours post op! You would definitely have to consent to it because of the extra cost.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:48 AM

Musclelady is on a distinguished road
Well, d***., I would have paid for that! I know better for next time, thanks!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:50 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
Dr Hedden does the Rapid Recovery surgical technique. a lot of PSs who use RR, also use the exparel shot. some charge for it, some dont. my PS is an RR PS and he didnt charge extra for it (or if he did, it was already tallied up in the final cost) but he did tell me he was using it. and i honestly felt like i never even had surgery! the Rapid Recovery surgical technique is awesome, so you have no worries
Old 08-06-2018, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by KayKay1206 View Post
Dr Hedden does the Rapid Recovery surgical technique. a lot of PSs who use RR, also use the exparel shot. some charge for it, some dont. my PS is an RR PS and he didnt charge extra for it (or if he did, it was already tallied up in the final cost) but he did tell me he was using it. and i honestly felt like i never even had surgery! the Rapid Recovery surgical technique is awesome, so you have no worries
Dr Hedden listed it as an option on my quote. During my consultation he noticed that I previously had a tummy tuck (20 years ago). He told me that the pain of the BL/BA would be a walk in the park for me compared to the TT. I hate to tell him but the TT was definitely a walk in the park so now I am scared! Lol
Old 08-06-2018, 07:11 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Honestly itís a waste of money. The pain from a BA for most is not that bad at all. I would do it for a TT but I would never do it for a BA. Itís an upsell by PSís.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
Honestly itís a waste of money. The pain from a BA for most is not that bad at all. I would do it for a TT but I would never do it for a BA. Itís an upsell by PSís.
That is so opposite of me. I experienced very little pain from my tummy tuck (20 years ago). I am kind of dreading my lift with implants. lol
Old 08-07-2018, 07:49 AM

preest is on a distinguished road
I'm doing the exparel shot (it wasn't listed as an option, my PS just does it) but I believe it's more for the tummy tuck I'm having done at the same time versus the BA. My anesthesiologist called me yesterday and it's an additional $250, which I'll gladly pay to block some of the pain for a day or two!
Old 08-07-2018, 09:58 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bamawife View Post
That is so opposite of me. I experienced very little pain from my tummy tuck (20 years ago). I am kind of dreading my lift with implants. lol
I get it. My daughter did her complete Mommy Makeover with NO pain meds but tylenol. I think "I" would be a little more of a wimp though lol. My D had a lift, augmentation, muscle repair and tummy tuck.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I get it. My daughter did her complete Mommy Makeover with NO pain meds but tylenol. I think "I" would be a little more of a wimp though lol. My D had a lift, augmentation, muscle repair and tummy tuck.

The absolute worst thing about the TT was I had 3 drains. I kept 2 of them in for 2 weeks and the 3rd one in for 3 weeks. I thought I was going to die when he pulled them out. While they were in they didn't hurt but just annoyed me.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by bamawife View Post
The absolute worst thing about the TT was I had 3 drains. I kept 2 of them in for 2 weeks and the 3rd one in for 3 weeks. I thought I was going to die when he pulled them out. While they were in they didn't hurt but just annoyed me.
Yes, my daughter had 2 drains and it wasn't pleasant. I was with her when they took them out. I know she was so thrilled to get them out.