Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Red Light Therapy for Scars?

Old 07-29-2018, 09:44 AM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Red Light Therapy for Scars?

Hey Everyone!

So I had a BL/BA on July 11th 2018. Benelli lift and 550cc implants to be specific. Anyway, I just bought a 4 week LED Red Light Therapy package. I'm told that it's fantastic for scarring but beyond that since it stimulates collagen production and builds elasticity in the skin, supposedly it's helpful in keeping you from recurrent sagging/ptosis because it actually repairs damaged tissues.

Additionally it reduces: lines and wrinkles, sun damage, stretch marks, cellulite, etc...

I've already bought the package so, I'm committed but I'm just curious if anyone else has tried it and what they thought? I have one friend who did it for 8 weeks after her breast lift and you honestly cannot see her scars. I almost didn't believe she had a BL at first! lol But who knows if her experience is a consistent outcome of Red Light Therapy.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:20 PM

blubyrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
Hey Everyone!

So I had a BL/BA on July 11th 2018. Benelli lift and 550cc implants to be specific. Anyway, I just bought a 4 week LED Red Light Therapy package. I'm told that it's fantastic for scarring but beyond that since it stimulates collagen production and builds elasticity in the skin, supposedly it's helpful in keeping you from recurrent sagging/ptosis because it actually repairs damaged tissues.

Additionally it reduces: lines and wrinkles, sun damage, stretch marks, cellulite, etc...

I've already bought the package so, I'm committed but I'm just curious if anyone else has tried it and what they thought? I have one friend who did it for 8 weeks after her breast lift and you honestly cannot see her scars. I almost didn't believe she had a BL at first! lol But who knows if her experience is a consistent outcome of Red Light Therapy.
Iíve been using red light therapy for over a year, about 2-3 times per week (itís apart of a sunless tanning membership I have). I didnít even think about it helping with scars. I hardly notice them, and they are improving with time (8 weeks po). Wish I could say thatís all red light therapy but Iíve not really noticed a dramatic improvement in any area from it. Iím not saying donít try it, just donít expect miracles. Overall I think itís benefits are subtle & make a good addition to your beauty routine.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:17 AM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by blubyrd View Post
Iíve been using red light therapy for over a year, about 2-3 times per week (itís apart of a sunless tanning membership I have). I didnít even think about it helping with scars. I hardly notice them, and they are improving with time (8 weeks po). Wish I could say thatís all red light therapy but Iíve not really noticed a dramatic improvement in any area from it. Iím not saying donít try it, just donít expect miracles. Overall I think itís benefits are subtle & make a good addition to your beauty routine.
Thank you for sharing your experience! 2-3 times a week for over a year is a lot of experience with it. I am committed to 4 weeks now so I'm definitely giving it a go. If it is helpful in any way, I'll be satisfied. It isn't crazy expensive so, if it ends up being completely useless I suppose that's okay too. I was told for post op Therapy I should go 5 x a week the first 4 weeks then drop down to 3x a week for another 4 weeks. That's a lot of commitment. We will see how I feel about it after the first 4 weeks.

I do like the possibility of increased collagen production helping scars and preventing recurring sagging though.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:19 PM

blubyrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
Thank you for sharing your experience! 2-3 times a week for over a year is a lot of experience with it. I am committed to 4 weeks now so I'm definitely giving it a go. If it is helpful in any way, I'll be satisfied. It isn't crazy expensive so, if it ends up being completely useless I suppose that's okay too. I was told for post op Therapy I should go 5 x a week the first 4 weeks then drop down to 3x a week for another 4 weeks. That's a lot of commitment. We will see how I feel about it after the first 4 weeks.

I do like the possibility of increased collagen production helping scars and preventing recurring sagging though.
Yep, sounds like you have the right expectations for it. I do a lot of little Beauty things (dermaplane, dermarolling, red light, lots of sleep...etc), and I think everything positive is just a combination of it all. And all those little things are inexpensive.