Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Gathering necessities

Old 08-05-2018, 08:02 PM

bamawife is on a distinguished road
Gathering necessities

I had my consultation on Friday and since then I have purchased the required front zip sports bras. I bought 3 of them so I don't get tired of looking at just 2! I won't know when my surgery is until this Friday but looked for front close pajamas to wear on the day of. I prefer soft flannel but its not quite the time of year for them. (More than likely my surgery won't be until October because Dr Hedden only had a couple of available times left through September.) In a couple of weeks they will start showing up in all kinds of stores. I have a problem with sizing of pj's because if I buy a set the bottoms are always huge on me compared to the tops. Also, I hate sleeping in anything, much less pj's! Hopefully I will find just what I am looking for. I can always take the bottoms off after I get home from surgery!!!!! LOL This is certainly an exciting time for me as it is so many other ladies here.

Thank you all for the support and good luck on everyone else's journey!
Old 08-05-2018, 10:09 PM

Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by bamawife View Post
I had my consultation on Friday and since then I have purchased the required front zip sports bras. I bought 3 of them so I don't get tired of looking at just 2! I won't know when my surgery is until this Friday but looked for front close pajamas to wear on the day of. I prefer soft flannel but its not quite the time of year for them. (More than likely my surgery won't be until October because Dr Hedden only had a couple of available times left through September.) In a couple of weeks they will start showing up in all kinds of stores. I have a problem with sizing of pj's because if I buy a set the bottoms are always huge on me compared to the tops. Also, I hate sleeping in anything, much less pj's! Hopefully I will find just what I am looking for. I can always take the bottoms off after I get home from surgery!!!!! LOL This is certainly an exciting time for me as it is so many other ladies here.

I got zip front bras off Amazon similar to the fruit of the loom ones at Walmart... I still wear them most nights to bed... they are sooo comfortable! Preop I lived in bras so not wearing something is weird for me. I always wore pushup bras during the day, but now anything pushup or underwired drives me nuts, so I live in sports bras, bralettes, wireless bras, etc.

A few suggestions... 2 weeks prior to surgery per putting this by my PS and with his approval I continued my normal daily multivitamins, I take the Alive for women, I also started taking these two supplements... https://amzn.to/2AKXx8p and https://amzn.to/2MiuIkS I continued them for 2 weeks after surgery also. I had NO bruising, only thing I had was slight yellowish colors here and there, as if I had a bad bruise and it was finally going away... that's all I had. I also had way less swelling than others I've known that had a BL and BA.

I also invested in two of these https://amzn.to/2MmiibK they are the perfect size for putting on the chest. I got two, which was perfect, I often fell asleep while icing so when it was ready to do it again I had one ready at all times. I now continue to use these... my son was having growing pains in his legs earlier this year, they came in handy then, and recently I was in a bad car wreck so this has helped with my Dr recommended back and shoulder icing sessions. I've definitely gotten my money's worth!

I also invested in these... https://amzn.to/2ObHl1M and https://amzn.to/2OeGdu7 I used them in combination with pillows I already have to get comfortable sleeping upright. I recommend practicing this at least a week before surgery so you know exactly how things need to be positioned on the bed for when you get home from surgery.

Many ladies say they get backed up from the meds so I had this on hand https://amzn.to/2ON1v3e
I also got this per my PS's suggestion https://amzn.to/2ALInQ4 and used it on my incisions on my areolas and placement incisions up until I could start scar treatment. I got the big tube though you might not need it. I still use this stuff on scraps, cuts, and on my feet during the dry desert months in AZ, works wonders on dry cracked skin.

Other than that, meal prep! I made meals for myself a couple days prior to surgery, I prepped a week's worth of easy to eat healthy foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The morning before surgery I prepped my room so I could easily get around and in bed after surgery. Oh! Straws! Bendy straws are a must. I had those with stacked in my fridge ginger ale, gatorade, and water. I also had pudding and jello to have with my meds, and crackers.

Edit: also forgot, spray deoderant. It will be a life saver and dry shampoo.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:41 AM

Musclelady is on a distinguished road

Hi! I didn't want to spend more money on pj's, so I just wore sweatpants and a zip up lightweight hoodie for surgery. As soon as I got home, my fiancé, who outweighs me by 100 lbs, helped me put on one of his xxl t-shirts, which was easy, I was able to keep my elbows to my sides while changing. I had also stressed out about what to wear, and it was really no big deal at all. Good luck with your surgery!
Old 08-06-2018, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Gummies4Me View Post
I got zip front bras off Amazon similar to the fruit of the loom ones at Walmart... I still wear them most nights to bed... they are sooo comfortable! Preop I lived in bras so not wearing something is weird for me. I always wore pushup bras during the day, but now anything pushup or underwired drives me nuts, so I live in sports bras, bralettes, wireless bras, etc.

A few suggestions... 2 weeks prior to surgery per putting this by my PS and with his approval I continued my normal daily multivitamins, I take the Alive for women, I also started taking these two supplements... https://amzn.to/2AKXx8p and https://amzn.to/2MiuIkS I continued them for 2 weeks after surgery also. I had NO bruising, only thing I had was slight yellowish colors here and there, as if I had a bad bruise and it was finally going away... that's all I had. I also had way less swelling than others I've known that had a BL and BA.

I also invested in two of these https://amzn.to/2MmiibK they are the perfect size for putting on the chest. I got two, which was perfect, I often fell asleep while icing so when it was ready to do it again I had one ready at all times. I now continue to use these... my son was having growing pains in his legs earlier this year, they came in handy then, and recently I was in a bad car wreck so this has helped with my Dr recommended back and shoulder icing sessions. I've definitely gotten my money's worth!

I also invested in these... https://amzn.to/2ObHl1M and https://amzn.to/2OeGdu7 I used them in combination with pillows I already have to get comfortable sleeping upright. I recommend practicing this at least a week before surgery so you know exactly how things need to be positioned on the bed for when you get home from surgery.

Many ladies say they get backed up from the meds so I had this on hand https://amzn.to/2ON1v3e
I also got this per my PS's suggestion https://amzn.to/2ALInQ4 and used it on my incisions on my areolas and placement incisions up until I could start scar treatment. I got the big tube though you might not need it. I still use this stuff on scraps, cuts, and on my feet during the dry desert months in AZ, works wonders on dry cracked skin.

Other than that, meal prep! I made meals for myself a couple days prior to surgery, I prepped a week's worth of easy to eat healthy foods for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The morning before surgery I prepped my room so I could easily get around and in bed after surgery. Oh! Straws! Bendy straws are a must. I had those with stacked in my fridge ginger ale, gatorade, and water. I also had pudding and jello to have with my meds, and crackers.

Edit: also forgot, spray deoderant. It will be a life saver and dry shampoo.
I bought one under armour zip front and ordered 2 fruit of the loom zip front off of amazon. I run and do yoga so I have tons of sports bras but they are all pull over the head!!! I have arnica on hand (a holistic doctor recommended it for something a year ago). I am at work and on my phone but going to look up everything you mentioned. I have had more surgeries than I can count but this is only my second elective surgery. I always like having new sheets afterwards! That may sound weird but it always feels good to get in bed with new sheets after surgery! lol

Thank you so much for your advice. I might hit you up with questions!!!
Old 08-06-2018, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Musclelady View Post
Hi! I didn't want to spend more money on pj's, so I just wore sweatpants and a zip up lightweight hoodie for surgery. As soon as I got home, my fiancé, who outweighs me by 100 lbs, helped me put on one of his xxl t-shirts, which was easy, I was able to keep my elbows to my sides while changing. I had also stressed out about what to wear, and it was really no big deal at all. Good luck with your surgery!
I have a lot of running/yoga pants so I might decide to wear them. My husband has some big shirts too!! Thank you for the suggestions!! I actually looked for a cute zip up hoodie yesterday; no luck yet!
Old 08-12-2018, 12:09 PM

MamaDuck is on a distinguished road
I have a lot of running/yoga pants so I might decide to wear them. My husband has some big shirts too!! Thank you for the suggestions!! I actually looked for a cute zip up hoodie yesterday; no luck yet!
I was specifically told not to wear yoga pants when they called me the day before surgery. That was pretty last minute. I don’t have sleeping pants, either, because they dont make them long enough. I ended up wearing sweat shorts i already had and my husband’s button up shirt. Good thing i didnt bundle up like most people. I was dripping sweat! So insanely hot for hours. When i got home, i immediately got into a “strapless bathing suit cover up” (really stretchy in the breast) with nothing underneath. BEST THING I EVER DID! So easy to use the restroom and can be pulled up or down with no effort. On another note, the meds, etc have made me itchy. My husband got me a back scratcher from the dollar store and its my bestest friend! It also massages all the sore back muscles and i don't have to lift my elbows to reach. Just a suggestion!
Old 08-12-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by MamaDuck View Post
I was specifically told not to wear yoga pants when they called me the day before surgery. That was pretty last minute. I don’t have sleeping pants, either, because they dont make them long enough. I ended up wearing sweat shorts i already had and my husband’s button up shirt. Good thing i didnt bundle up like most people. I was dripping sweat! So insanely hot for hours. When i got home, i immediately got into a “strapless bathing suit cover up” (really stretchy in the breast) with nothing underneath. BEST THING I EVER DID! So easy to use the restroom and can be pulled up or down with no effort. On another note, the meds, etc have made me itchy. My husband got me a back scratcher from the dollar store and its my bestest friend! It also massages all the sore back muscles and i don't have to lift my elbows to reach. Just a suggestion!
I always itch when I take a narcotic. I always take a Benadryl with them or else I would scratch myself bloody!!

I have some lose lounge pants I can wear. I wonder why they said no yoga pants?
Old 08-12-2018, 04:02 PM

They said that even yoga pants are hard for the nurses to get back onto you after surgery. They like baggy clothes 😁
I always itch when I take a narcotic. I always take a Benadryl with them or else I would scratch myself bloody!!

I have some lose lounge pants I can wear. I wonder why they said no yoga pants?
The Following User Says Thank You to MamaDuck For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2018, 08:12 AM

They said that even yoga pants are hard for the nurses to get back onto you after surgery. They like baggy clothes 😁

That definitely makes sense. I will be sure and make it easy for them!!!!
Old 08-15-2018, 07:42 AM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Here is my preparation advice:

-The week before surgery, Move everything you use regularly but would need to "reach for" down low to a easily accessible location. You won't be allowed to move your arms.

-buy a little basket or organizer to keep all your supplies in. Prescriptions, supplements, etc... That way everything is in one place and easily portable as you move throughout the house. The first few days are rough. You'll want easy access in whatever place you find most comfortable post op.

-Natural supplies/Supplements: Arnica, Bromelain, Tamanu Oil, & Acetyl L-Carnitine: Arnica for Bruising/swelling, Bromelain for swelling/pain, Tamanu oil for incision scarring/Stretch marks/itchy dry skin, ALC for nerve regeneration and regaining feeling in damaged nerves.

-button up shirts XL.

-Slip on shoes: I couldn't bend to tie shoes for almost two weeks. It just freaked me out. I had a Benelli lift and I think it was the weight on my incisions that gave me the heebie jeebies, so you may not have that issue, but slip ones were a must for me. I wore flip-flops, Birkenstocks, or Michael Kors Flats because those were all easy on, easy off. No bending required!

These were the things that made my recovery easier. You may not need any of it, everyone is so different. You just don't really know what you'll find useful until post op.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennev For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
Here is my preparation advice:

-The week before surgery, Move everything you use regularly but would need to "reach for" down low to a easily accessible location. You won't be allowed to move your arms.

-buy a little basket or organizer to keep all your supplies in. Prescriptions, supplements, etc... That way everything is in one place and easily portable as you move throughout the house. The first few days are rough. You'll want easy access in whatever place you find most comfortable post op.

-Natural supplies/Supplements: Arnica, Bromelain, Tamanu Oil, & Acetyl L-Carnitine: Arnica for Bruising/swelling, Bromelain for swelling/pain, Tamanu oil for incision scarring/Stretch marks/itchy dry skin, ALC for nerve regeneration and regaining feeling in damaged nerves.

-button up shirts XL.

-Slip on shoes: I couldn't bend to tie shoes for almost two weeks. It just freaked me out. I had a Benelli lift and I think it was the weight on my incisions that gave me the heebie jeebies, so you may not have that issue, but slip ones were a must for me. I wore flip-flops, Birkenstocks, or Michael Kors Flats because those were all easy on, easy off. No bending required!

These were the things that made my recovery easier. You may not need any of it, everyone is so different. You just don't really know what you'll find useful until post op.
Thank you so much! I am about halfway through buying my "stuff"!
Old 08-16-2018, 09:34 AM

So, it turns out I’m not a quick healer. This has been tough on me and I need all the help I can get. One of the best things I started using is a lazy Susan on the table next to me! Instead of reaching up and over all my stuff, hurting myself, knocking everything over, or just not being able to reach what I need, I just rotate the lazy Susan! It’s the BEST.
The Following User Says Thank You to MamaDuck For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2018, 02:09 PM

So, it turns out I’m not a quick healer. This has been tough on me and I need all the help I can get. One of the best things I started using is a lazy Susan on the table next to me! Instead of reaching up and over all my stuff, hurting myself, knocking everything over, or just not being able to reach what I need, I just rotate the lazy Susan! It’s the BEST.

What an awesome idea!! I am so sorry you’re not healing quick, though!!