Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.


Is this normal?

Old 09-12-2018, 08:29 AM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 45
Shawni2 is on a distinguished road
Is this normal?

Iím in Texas and have viewed many YouTube videos. It seems like a lot of people on YouTube or even on sites like this have a clear understanding of implants and what they want. I have seen a lot of videos where people have even tried on sizers. Iíve gone to 6 consultations (all high end top dollar non budget doctors) and have paid over $350 in consultation fees and none of the doctors have offered me an option to try on sizers. Only one of them took out the actual implants to show me what they even look like. That one only took out 3 implants. My procedure is in 2 days. I have no clue what size Iím getting. I have no clue what I might look like. I know little to nothing about implants because none of the doctors helped me when it came to the implant. Iím very nervous because Iíve done extensive research into the doctor Iíve chosen and procedure thatís being done. Iím not the type of person who feels comfortable without thoroughly knowing what Iím doing. I donít like making rash decisions but when I contacted the doctor about my concerns, they said we can discuss this on the day of the procedure. Is this a Texas thing. Iím not from Texas but live here now and think that some practices are common based on regions and maybe the doctors here expect the patients to figure this out on their own. I feel like Iím paying $11,000 to be unhappy.
Shawni2 is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 08:36 AM
  #2  
 
bamawife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Alabama
Posts: 173
bamawife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Shawni2 View Post
Iím in Texas and have viewed many YouTube videos. It seems like a lot of people on YouTube or even on sites like this have a clear understanding of implants and what they want. I have seen a lot of videos where people have even tried on sizers. Iíve gone to 6 consultations (all high end top dollar non budget doctors) and have paid over $350 in consultation fees and none of the doctors have offered me an option to try on sizers. Only one of them took out the actual implants to show me what they even look like. That one only took out 3 implants. My procedure is in 2 days. I have no clue what size Iím getting. I have no clue what I might look like. I know little to nothing about implants because none of the doctors helped me when it came to the implant. Iím very nervous because Iíve done extensive research into the doctor Iíve chosen and procedure thatís being done. Iím not the type of person who feels comfortable without thoroughly knowing what Iím doing. I donít like making rash decisions but when I contacted the doctor about my concerns, they said we can discuss this on the day of the procedure. Is this a Texas thing. Iím not from Texas but live here now and think that some practices are common based on regions and maybe the doctors here expect the patients to figure this out on their own. I feel like Iím paying $11,000 to be unhappy.
I believe it all depends on your plastic surgeon. My PS is kind of quick in doing consultations. I did not see, feel or try on sizers at my consultation. My pre op appointment is today, though, and I was informed that I would be able to do that today and confirm everything the day of surgery. My PS has a large volume of patients and I think he moves quickly through consultations to weed out those that really don't have the means to pay for surgery but are just curious. Good luck to you!
bamawife is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 08:49 AM
  #3  
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee
 
BooBitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 5,148
BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Even if you were to choose a size, there's a good chance that the size you want is not a good fit for you...but is it normal to not try on sizers? Nope, but it is not completely unheard of. What is odd is that you were brushed off when called. Most surgeons want to get an idea of what your goals are.

Did you discuss any goals at all during your consult with the surgeon you chose? Are you getting a BA only or a BA + lift?

Do you know if you are going with saline or silicone?
BooBitties is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 11:13 AM
  #4  
 
Linaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 10,028
Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I'm not sure where in Texas you are but I'm in Houston and have been to several PS's and I we always discussed the actual size of the implants that they would be using.
Linaki is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 11:43 AM
  #5  
 
Lennev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 828
Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
I never tried on sizers. I never picked a profile or cc amount. I showed my surgeon photos of exactly what I wanted and then let him decide what size/profile was necessary to put that look on my anatomical frame.

A lot of girls go in with a photo and say for example, "I want this look and a 495cc implant." Not realizing that the look in the photo is not achievable on their body with a 495cc implant. They've essentially just presented their surgeon with two contraindicating requests. This is why it's best to let the surgeon decide on size and profile after you've clearly communicated your goal.

That said, the key is still communication. If you feel your doctor doesn't actually have a good grasp on the outcome you're trying to achieve then he probably won't produce the work you're hoping for because he is just doing whatever he wants or thinks you want instead of what you REALLY want. I hope you get a chance to really talk to him before your surgery. Good luck!
Lennev is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 01:33 PM
  #6  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 45
Shawni2 is on a distinguished road
Iím in Dallas

Iím in the Dallas area.

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I'm not sure where in Texas you are but I'm in Houston and have been to several PS's and I we always discussed the actual size of the implants that they would be using.
Shawni2 is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 01:50 PM
  #7  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 45
Shawni2 is on a distinguished road
Iím having both a lift and ba. I have no clue about whether it will be silicone or saline.

Originally Posted by BooBitties View Post
Even if you were to choose a size, there's a good chance that the size you want is not a good fit for you...but is it normal to not try on sizers? Nope, but it is not completely unheard of. What is odd is that you were brushed off when called. Most surgeons want to get an idea of what your goals are.

Did you discuss any goals at all during your consult with the surgeon you chose? Are you getting a BA only or a BA + lift?

Do you know if you are going with saline or silicone?
Shawni2 is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 02:01 PM
  #8  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 45
Shawni2 is on a distinguished road
Maybe I did this backwards

I did a lot of research to find the perfect doctor but didnít do any research as far as what Iíd like to look like because it seems like the results vary based on the patient. Iíve never seen anyone and thought, ďthatís what I want to look like.Ē Or, ďher body is similar to mine. Thatís what I can expect.Ē
I think Iím panicking because I only have two days to figure this out and donít want to be disappointed after paying so much money.
Shawni2 is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 02:10 PM
  #9  
 
Linaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 10,028
Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Shawni2 View Post
Iím having both a lift and ba. I have no clue about whether it will be silicone or saline.
Can you call the office and ask them what they are planning on giving you? At a minimum they should have told you whether you were getting saline or silicone. I'm sorry but that is SO basic and should have been discussed at your consult. They should also tell you what profile, brand and at least a size range.
I'm downsizing in a few weeks and he will decide in the OR what size he can put in and still not require a lift. This is the first time that I won't know the exact size until afterwards. My sister got her BA about 25 years ago and it was never discussed so she has no idea what she has. Things are very different now! You should have been included on the decision process. I'm mad for you .
Linaki is offline  
Old 09-12-2018, 02:30 PM
  #10  
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee
 
BooBitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 5,148
BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
Can you call the office and ask them what they are planning on giving you? At a minimum they should have told you whether you were getting saline or silicone. I'm sorry but that is SO basic and should have been discussed at your consult. They should also tell you what profile, brand and at least a size range.
I'm downsizing in a few weeks and he will decide in the OR what size he can put in and still not require a lift. This is the first time that I won't know the exact size until afterwards. My sister got her BA about 25 years ago and it was never discussed so she has no idea what she has. Things are very different now! You should have been included on the decision process. I'm mad for you .
I second everything Linaki said.

The first question out of a surgeon's mouth is usually "do you want saline or silicone?" The only time silicone is not an option is if you want very large implants (here in the US).

$11k is A LOT of money to spend when the surgeon doesn't even give you the courtesy of implants 101. DO NOT go under the knife until you are comfortable with your decision.
BooBitties is offline  
Old 09-13-2018, 02:22 PM
  #11  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 45
Shawni2 is on a distinguished road
Thank you.
Originally Posted by BooBitties View Post
I second everything Linaki said.

The first question out of a surgeon's mouth is usually "do you want saline or silicone?" The only time silicone is not an option is if you want very large implants (here in the US).

$11k is A LOT of money to spend when the surgeon doesn't even give you the courtesy of implants 101. DO NOT go under the knife until you are comfortable with your decision.
Shawni2 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off