Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.


Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Tig 'Ol Bitties
  • 1 Post By Lennev
  • 1 Post By Kamo
  • 1 Post By Tig 'Ol Bitties
  • 1 Post By body*electric

Any regrets after lift?

Old 10-07-2018, 12:52 PM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Tig 'Ol Bitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 76
Tig 'Ol Bitties is on a distinguished road
Any regrets after lift?

Hi ladies, it has been a little bit since I have posted on here, but I have a question. When I got my BA 6 months ago, I was borderline for a lift. I decided against it because I am worried about scarring and how it will look. I have very fair skin and I don't scar very well, and even after having 4 children I don't have a single stretch mark on my belly. I got my implants placed over the muscle because I wanted a more natural look, and I had some breast tissue to work with. Now that my breasts have dropped and fluffed (yes, overs do that!), I am having some regrets. I know I wanted a more natural look, but now they seem to be too natural, like they seem to sag a bit too much for me. My PS said he could do a lift under local anesthesia, but I am so afraid of what my breasts will look like after with scarring. That and losing sensation in my nipples is also a worry.
I guess I said all that to ask: Do any of you have regrets about scarring after getting your lift? And do you feel like the scarring is worth it?

peruviansexy likes this.
Tig 'Ol Bitties is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 01:08 PM
  #2  
Too Small, Too Big, Now Somewhere In Between!
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 470
ANewPair will become famous soon enough ANewPair will become famous soon enough
No Regrets

Originally Posted by Tig 'Ol Bitties View Post
Hi ladies, it has been a little bit since I have posted on here, but I have a question. When I got my BA 6 months ago, I was borderline for a lift. I decided against it because I am worried about scarring and how it will look. I have very fair skin and I don't scar very well, and even after having 4 children I don't have a single stretch mark on my belly. I got my implants placed over the muscle because I wanted a more natural look, and I had some breast tissue to work with. Now that my breasts have dropped and fluffed (yes, overs do that!), I am having some regrets. I know I wanted a more natural look, but now they seem to be too natural, like they seem to sag a bit too much for me. My PS said he could do a lift under local anesthesia, but I am so afraid of what my breasts will look like after with scarring. That and losing sensation in my nipples is also a worry.
I guess I said all that to ask: Do any of you have regrets about scarring after getting your lift? And do you feel like the scarring is worth it?
It took about 12 months for my scars to turn nearly invisible. I've never regretted my decision to have my lift done. As a matter of fact, I will likely have a revision of my lollipop lift sometime next year. My personal preference is a perky, lifted breast. Do you know what type of lift your PS is recommending? There are pros and cons to each of the various lifts and it is important to remember that just like implants, breast lifts do not last a lifetime. I would want to make sure that I saw many, many pictures of breast lifts done by my PS to make sure that I liked their aesthetic outcomes. Depending on what type of lift would influence whether or not I would consider doing this under local anesthesia.
ANewPair is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 01:14 PM
  #3  
Thread Starter
 
Tig 'Ol Bitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 76
Tig 'Ol Bitties is on a distinguished road
Thank you for your response! To be honest, I am not sure what the lift is called, but it is where he would make an incision around the areola, cut the extra skin, and then sew it back up. He said it would be a simple procedure that he would do under local anesthesia. Do you know what kind of lift that is? I feel so ignorant about these things.
Tig 'Ol Bitties is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 03:10 PM
  #4  
Too Small, Too Big, Now Somewhere In Between!
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 470
ANewPair will become famous soon enough ANewPair will become famous soon enough
Types of Breast Lifts

Originally Posted by Tig 'Ol Bitties View Post
Thank you for your response! To be honest, I am not sure what the lift is called, but it is where he would make an incision around the areola, cut the extra skin, and then sew it back up. He said it would be a simple procedure that he would do under local anesthesia. Do you know what kind of lift that is? I feel so ignorant about these things.
From the American Society of Plastic Surgeons:
https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosme...es/breast-lift
ANewPair is offline  
Old 10-07-2018, 04:33 PM
  #5  
 
Lennev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 828
Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
I too was borderline for needing a lift. And I was SO apprehensive and reluctant to have my lift but I am incredibly glad I went ahead and did it and I have never regretted it for one second. I got the exact outcome/look that I asked for and If I hadnít had the lift, Iíd definitely be unhappy with my results.

If they cut your skin, youíre going to scar. Period. Thereís no way around that. You have to be willing to accept that. That said, how you will scar is hard to predict. Some people have nearly invisible scars, others are apparent for a lifetime. But your own history with scarring can give you a little insight into how YOU will scar. If you tend to scar poorly, this likely wonít be any exception. If you barely scar at all, youíll probably luck out and be largely free of intense scars. Either way, it will take many months of patience to see your end result.

How did your BA scar turn out? Does it bother you? If you canít handle that scar, I would think very carefully about wether or not you want to add more. Itís a trade off, would you rather have the look you have now forever? Or would you prefer to trade a couple more scars for the look you really wanted all along?

Beginagain likes this.
Lennev is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennev For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 05:12 PM
  #6  
Thread Starter
 
Tig 'Ol Bitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 76
Tig 'Ol Bitties is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
I too was borderline for needing a lift. And I was SO apprehensive and reluctant to have my lift but I am incredibly glad I went ahead and did it and I have never regretted it for one second. I got the exact outcome/look that I asked for and If I hadnít had the lift, Iíd definitely be unhappy with my results.

If they cut your skin, youíre going to scar. Period. Thereís no way around that. You have to be willing to accept that. That said, how you will scar is hard to predict. Some people have nearly invisible scars, others are apparent for a lifetime. But your own history with scarring can give you a little insight into how YOU will scar. If you tend to scar poorly, this likely wonít be any exception. If you barely scar at all, youíll probably luck out and be largely free of intense scars. Either way, it will take many months of patience to see your end result.

How did your BA scar turn out? Does it bother you? If you canít handle that scar, I would think very carefully about wether or not you want to add more. Itís a trade off, would you rather have the look you have now forever? Or would you prefer to trade a couple more scars for the look you really wanted all along?
Thank you so much! These are all of the points that I have been contemplating. The scars from my BA are okay, but they are also in the crease so I never have to see them. I guess I am worried that if I get a lift I will always have to see the scars on my nipples. But, my boobs will also look a lot more perky. I am honestly leaning more towards getting the lift done, I think I will be happier with the results as well. I have sent a FR, in case you have any photos you can share.
Tig 'Ol Bitties is offline  
Old 10-08-2018, 06:56 PM
  #7  
 
Kamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 223
Kamo is on a distinguished road
Hi there, I got a lift with my implants (even though they're 750s!) because I had breastfed for over 3 years in total and I looked like... well... bad, lets just say. I had the donut lift (they cut a donut around your nipple). I don't regret the lift, but as I was an overseas patient of Revis, I couldn't do much when one nipple healed quite wonky. Plus, my areola's were so large anyway, he obviously took what he needed and still had slight areola colouring on the OUTSIDE of the scar line. So I have a white line with faint faded parts of areola on the outside of it. I'm getting my implants out with another lift, so I've requested that this be remedied, and as my skin won't be stretched taut over am implant, the results should be good. I think sometimes it is is good to do the lift separately, so the skin isn't being pulled as much by new implants

Beginagain likes this.
Kamo is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Kamo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2018, 09:10 PM
  #8  
 
Gummies4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 941
Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
I know for a fact I would not be happy without the lift. I have the lift your PS is recommending, it's called different things... donut lift, benelli lift, areola tightening, periareola lift, etc etc

I am 100% happy I had it done. The PS's I consulted with that I trusted and liked said I would need it. I had a couple PS's say I didn't need it, but they did not make me feel right, just wasn't a good fit. I was slightly tuberous preop with next to no lower pole... the lift without a doubt gave me lower pole.

I don't know how I'd feel about local anesthesia... I'd request at least twilight sedation personally. I've had both general anesthesia and twilight sedation now. I was coherent and talking to the nurses/anesthesiologist the entire time during twilight but felt nothing.

As far as scars, a year postop they are barely noticeable. My boyfriend told me he's seen a lot worse in porn lol. But he said even if they were "bad" he wouldn't care, he'd still find my breasts sexy. So I think personally sometimes we are too hard on ourselves when really the scars don't matter.
Gummies4Me is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gummies4Me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2018, 03:20 AM
  #9  
Thread Starter
 
Tig 'Ol Bitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 76
Tig 'Ol Bitties is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kamo View Post
Hi there, I got a lift with my implants (even though they're 750s!) because I had breastfed for over 3 years in total and I looked like... well... bad, lets just say. I had the donut lift (they cut a donut around your nipple). I don't regret the lift, but as I was an overseas patient of Revis, I couldn't do much when one nipple healed quite wonky. Plus, my areola's were so large anyway, he obviously took what he needed and still had slight areola colouring on the OUTSIDE of the scar line. So I have a white line with faint faded parts of areola on the outside of it. I'm getting my implants out with another lift, so I've requested that this be remedied, and as my skin won't be stretched taut over am implant, the results should be good. I think sometimes it is is good to do the lift separately, so the skin isn't being pulled as much by new implants
I also breastfed all four of my babies for a year, so although I had breast tissue, I would always joke that my boobs looked like the cover of National Geographic! LOL I agree with you, now that my BA has settled down, it would be a good time to get the lift. I will be calling my PS this week to see when he can get me in to do it!

Originally Posted by Gummies4Me View Post
I know for a fact I would not be happy without the lift. I have the lift your PS is recommending, it's called different things... donut lift, benelli lift, areola tightening, periareola lift, etc etc

I am 100% happy I had it done. The PS's I consulted with that I trusted and liked said I would need it. I had a couple PS's say I didn't need it, but they did not make me feel right, just wasn't a good fit. I was slightly tuberous preop with next to no lower pole... the lift without a doubt gave me lower pole.

I don't know how I'd feel about local anesthesia... I'd request at least twilight sedation personally. I've had both general anesthesia and twilight sedation now. I was coherent and talking to the nurses/anesthesiologist the entire time during twilight but felt nothing.

As far as scars, a year postop they are barely noticeable. My boyfriend told me he's seen a lot worse in porn lol. But he said even if they were "bad" he wouldn't care, he'd still find my breasts sexy. So I think personally sometimes we are too hard on ourselves when really the scars don't matter.
I think that you are so right, I have been married for over 12 years, and I know my husband will love my breasts no matter if I have scars or not. All of your stories are giving me such great advice, and now I really want to get this done! I have a couple more questions: Did you lose nipple sensation and for how long?

And, I am a nurse on a mother/baby unit, so how is the healing for your nipples? Would four days off be an acceptable time for them to start feeling better for me to get back to work?
Tig 'Ol Bitties is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 03:24 AM
  #10  
Thread Starter
 
Tig 'Ol Bitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 76
Tig 'Ol Bitties is on a distinguished road
Gummies4me,
I wanted to add that I will ask my PS about twilight sedation as well, because I think that local anesthesia alone might make me freak out a bit. The thought of just lying there while they are cutting my nipples sends me into a slight panic!
Tig 'Ol Bitties is offline  
Old 10-09-2018, 01:53 PM
  #11  
 
bamawife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Alabama
Posts: 173
bamawife is on a distinguished road
Zero Regrets

I am 8 days post op from a lollipop lift with breast augmentation (I have 350cc silicone's). Going in to the decision to have this surgery performed, I knew there would be scarring. However, scars do not bother me. I would be more unhappy if I was self conscious because of sagging than I am about having scars. I am also 51 and happily married so that may play in to my thoughts. Only two people will see my new girls on display: my husband and my 24 year old daughter, So, I am not going to worry about scars! I will treat the scars according to my plastic surgeon in order to get the best outcome possible but if they're still visible in a year or two, I am ok with that!

Good luck to you! I have absolutely no regrets having the surgery!.
bamawife is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bamawife For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2018, 07:39 PM
  #12  
 
Gummies4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Arizona
Posts: 941
Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by Tig 'Ol Bitties View Post
I also breastfed all four of my babies for a year, so although I had breast tissue, I would always joke that my boobs looked like the cover of National Geographic! LOL I agree with you, now that my BA has settled down, it would be a good time to get the lift. I will be calling my PS this week to see when he can get me in to do it!



I think that you are so right, I have been married for over 12 years, and I know my husband will love my breasts no matter if I have scars or not. All of your stories are giving me such great advice, and now I really want to get this done! I have a couple more questions: Did you lose nipple sensation and for how long?

And, I am a nurse on a mother/baby unit, so how is the healing for your nipples? Would four days off be an acceptable time for them to start feeling better for me to get back to work?
Oh! I forgot to answer the nipple sensation part sorry, lol. You can lose nipple sensation from a BA alone, it has to do with the nerves themselves not where the incision is being done. I had my lift with my BA at the same time, so I'm speaking from both surgeries at once. I lost some sensation at first (I was actually happy about it I am overly sensitive even pre BA), it came back more and more over time, at first it was a month, then full sensation back after 2 months. I can't speak on healing just from a lift, but with my BA and lift I would have been fine to go back to work within 3 days but I had taken a week off so just enjoyed my time off. I'd imagine with just the lift 4 days would be sufficient but definitely ask your PS as he'd know best.

Side note... I love labor ward nurses <3 you ladies/guys are the best! My nurse who helped deliver my son was the greatest and she was 6 months pregnant herself, the nurses in recovery after were amazing as well. You guys deserve much more praise than you get!
Gummies4Me is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Gummies4Me For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 01:21 PM
  #13  
 
Kamo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 223
Kamo is on a distinguished road
OH LOL! I used to say the Nat Geo thing too!!

I didn't lose any nipple sensation - from the implants though, I have lost a lot of feeling in the lower half of my left breast. It just feels like you've been given a local that's starting to fade off, it's a tingly but not fully aware kind of feeling.

Let us know what you decide!
Kamo is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Kamo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 06:20 PM
  #14  
 
Linaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 10,028
Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
My daughter had a benelli lift which is what it sounds like is being recommended for you. She had twins and then significant weight loss. She was big boobed to begin with so she was in desperate need of a lift. I think her only regret is not getting a full anchor lift. She has 350 mod + and they are big and natural looking. She also had a tummy tuck and muscle repair at the same time. Life changing.
Linaki is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Linaki For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2018, 06:24 PM
  #15  
Thread Starter
 
Tig 'Ol Bitties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 76
Tig 'Ol Bitties is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
My daughter had a benelli lift which is what it sounds like is being recommended for you. She had twins and then significant weight loss. She was big boobed to begin with so she was in desperate need of a lift. I think her only regret is not getting a full anchor lift. She has 350 mod + and they are big and natural looking. She also had a tummy tuck and muscle repair at the same time. Life changing.
I am going to schedule a consult with my PS soon, he's located about three hours away from me in another state, but I am really leaning towards getting the lift. I would love to get a mini tummy tuck and muscle repair as well, that is something that I am hoping to get in the future. Again, I am worried about the scar since I don't even have a single stretch mark after having four children! LOL

Linaki likes this.
Tig 'Ol Bitties is offline  
Old 10-22-2018, 07:49 AM
  #16  
Downsized, Lifted & Happier!
 
body*electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,017
body*electric will become famous soon enough body*electric will become famous soon enough
Some days I regret getting implants in the first place. I had a first surgery and then had another one post-kids with an anchor lift (with the huge scars everywhere), internal bra + implant replacement. If there is ONE thing that I do not regret, it's the lift. My breasts look AMAZING. The scars are beautiful, and even though you can see them in bright light, honestly they are so thin and they are almost invisible, even the vertical ones. I can go braless whenever and do not need a huge sport bra anymore. The lift was such a relief for me. I instantly looked like I lost 5-8 pounds (and I've got no weight to lose). People keep complimenting me on my weight loss (wtf LOL). I could never regret having a lift. Plus the recovery was a breeze.

Linaki likes this.
body*electric is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 11:26 AM
  #17  
 
bamawife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Alabama
Posts: 173
bamawife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by body*electric View Post
Some days I regret getting implants in the first place. I had a first surgery and then had another one post-kids with an anchor lift (with the huge scars everywhere), internal bra + implant replacement. If there is ONE thing that I do not regret, it's the lift. My breasts look AMAZING. The scars are beautiful, and even though you can see them in bright light, honestly they are so thin and they are almost invisible, even the vertical ones. I can go braless whenever and do not need a huge sport bra anymore. The lift was such a relief for me. I instantly looked like I lost 5-8 pounds (and I've got no weight to lose). People keep complimenting me on my weight loss (wtf LOL). I could never regret having a lift. Plus the recovery was a breeze.

I know this reply is a few months old but I just read it. You go braless? I am jealous! I had a lollipop lift with 350 cc unders....and I am terrified of going braless. I am afraid that they will sag again way too soon. They aren't as high as I thought they would be but they have a natural look to them.
bamawife is offline  
Old 02-01-2019, 03:26 PM
  #18  
I <3 boobs
 
Cupcake85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Down under
Posts: 4,954
Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Yes I regret not doing the lift in the first place, running a mile when the first surgeon told me implants would lift me, he also only does over the muscle placement. I left feeling uneasy but told myself it was because I was nervous about the thought of having plastic surgery.

Anyway. They looked ok at first not as perky as I'd wanted but ok. Then they sagged worse, I developed cc and my anatomical implants rotated 45 degrees making the shape really weird. He said there was nothing wrong with them and I looked great.

Enter my redo surgeon. Full anchor lift and switched to partial unders and different profile/slightly smaller implants. Left refused to drop and right breast the nipple didn't lift enough. Manually released left muscle and lowered pocket by 1cm to even out my creases, bennelli lift and mini reduction on right to make it as perky as the left and even my asymmetry (the next size up implant would have made my smallest boob bigger due to the jump in cc amount - I have silicone). End result loved loved loved them. For the first time in my life I loved my boobs when I had hated them since 17. Yes I had a decent natural size but they sagged.

Enter 2019. I've had 2 kids and gained weight from a normal bmi to morbidly obese. I had weight loss surgery in 2018 and am almost at my goal weight. 2 x consults booked (my redo surgeon for another lift and replace my implants after the huge weight loss) and a consult with another plastic surgeon who who operates with to do my 360 body lift. If my thighs can be lifted and lipo at the same time I will also have that done, if not that will have to wait for another time. I have no regrets on the scars. One thing I don't like is they faded to white but during pregnancy with my daughter the vertical scar darker to a brown blotchy colour as did my belly button piercing scars. I'm looking forward to the scars being revised during my surgery. Unsure what type of lift I need but to get the look I want another lift is necessary. Well worth it. With scarring silicone scar sheets when your scars have healed enough to use them are absolutely amazing for fading them. Worst case there is always laser treatment. Good luck with what you decide. It must be a tough decision knowing you don't scar well but I promise good results that you want is worth the trade off of the scars.
Cupcake85 is offline  
Old 02-06-2019, 04:57 PM
  #19  
 
Buxomdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 310
Buxomdoc has a spectacular aura Buxomdoc has a spectacular aura
If you need a lift, get a lift. Scars can be dealt with with silicone scar therapy. I'm dark skinned and got a full-anchor lift a couple of years ago. My scars are barely noticeable now.
Buxomdoc is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off