Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Nipples stay flat?

Old 10-15-2018, 12:38 PM

bamawife is on a distinguished road
Nipples stay flat?

Today I am 2 weeks post op from my BL/BA. I requested that my areolas be reshaped. Since surgery I have noticed that while I have feeling in both nipples, they do not get hard if I am cold. Is this a temporary issue or does anyone know? I am kind of frustrated that I now have flat nipples.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:26 PM

Melanincurls_XL is on a distinguished road
Your nerves are still recconecting. The itchy feeling you can't seem to scratch is that cue all of your feeling has come back. You're still early on. Give it a couple months.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:26 PM
Too Small, Too Big, Now Somewhere In Between!

ANewPair will become famous soon enough ANewPair will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bamawife View Post
Today I am 2 weeks post op from my BL/BA. I requested that my areolas be reshaped. Since surgery I have noticed that while I have feeling in both nipples, they do not get hard if I am cold. Is this a temporary issue or does anyone know? I am kind of frustrated that I now have flat nipples.
After my lollipop BL in 2006, my left nipple/areola was responsive to cold/touch right away. My right was unresponsive and lacked feeling for quite a bit of time, and then it started to respond, but very unreliably and the sensation was damped down. To be honest, it did concern me. One headlight on, one headlight on and off. When I had my recent capsulectomy, my right nipple/areola is starting to become more reliably responsive and sensitive. In my case, I think the scar tissue was tethering the nipple and areola. In your situation with a fresh BL/BA, I would definitely remain hopeful that things will continue to change. The good news is that you have feeling in both nipples. Try your best to not let this get to you. Full nerve regeneration takes time.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by ANewPair View Post
After my lollipop BL in 2006, my left nipple/areola was responsive to cold/touch right away. My right was unresponsive and lacked feeling for quite a bit of time, and then it started to respond, but very unreliably and the sensation was damped down. To be honest, it did concern me. One headlight on, one headlight on and off. When I had my recent capsulectomy, my right nipple/areola is starting to become more reliably responsive and sensitive. In my case, I think the scar tissue was tethering the nipple and areola. In your situation with a fresh BL/BA, I would definitely remain hopeful that things will continue to change. The good news is that you have feeling in both nipples. Try your best to not let this get to you. Full nerve regeneration takes time.
Thank you so much. At first I figured they were flat because of the massive swelling. The swelling has decreased a lot but my nipples are still flat. I can feel what would normally be my nipples contracting to sensitivity or cold but they don't change. I am very thankful I have sensitivity in both of them---just ready for them to stick out again!
Old 10-15-2018, 02:13 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Give it time! You're nerves are wonky right now and they will be for quite a bit. I have a numb and dumb one and post op both nipples wanted to wave hello to everyone! We have one longtime Elite member here that after a few years post op her nipples decided to wake up!

Even though I didn't have a lift, my right one is flat now. It is very common for nipples to be flat post BL. They should "fluff" back up in time.

Last edited by BooBitties; 10-15-2018 at 02:16 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BooBitties For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2018, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by BooBitties View Post
Give it time! You're nerves are wonky right now and they will be for quite a bit. I have a numb and dumb one and post op both nipples wanted to wave hello to everyone! We have one longtime Elite member here that after a few years post op her nipples decided to wake up!

Even though I didn't have a lift, my right one is flat now. It is very common for nipples to be flat post BL. They should "fluff" back up in time.
It’s amazing just how many changes our boobies go through. Prior to my surgery I was concerned about losing sensation in my nipples. I had no idea that flat nipples was a possibility. I will just wait for them to go back on high beam! 😜🤪😜🤪
Old 11-07-2018, 09:54 AM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
To be fair, I never had super perky nipples in the first place. I wouldn’t say they were totally flat or inverted or anything like that, but they’ve always been on the flatter side of normal.

Initially, in the early days after my BL/BA, they were so flat they almost looked tattooed on. lol I told my husband, “Omg, I don’t have 3D nipples anymore! What happened?” lol It turned out it was because the swelling and large implants had kinda stretched them flat. Once everything settled a bit and sensation started creeping back, they got normal again.

It’s kinda like the early days of breastfeeding/engorgement... Some women’s milk comes in so abundantly and so fast that they have to use a “nipple shield” to breast feed because their nipples temporarily get stretched so flat there’s nothing for the baby to latch unto. It’s the same concept here. Once everything relaxes and adjusts to its new normal they’ll perk right back up! Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennev For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
To be fair, I never had super perky nipples in the first place. I wouldn’t say they were totally flat or inverted or anything like that, but they’ve always been on the flatter side of normal.

Initially, in the early days after my BL/BA, they were so flat they almost looked tattooed on. lol I told my husband, “Omg, I don’t have 3D nipples anymore! What happened?” lol It turned out it was because the swelling and large implants had kinda stretched them flat. Once everything settled a bit and sensation started creeping back, they got normal again.

It’s kinda like the early days of breastfeeding/engorgement... Some women’s milk comes in so abundantly and so fast that they have to use a “nipple shield” to breast feed because their nipples temporarily get stretched so flat there’s nothing for the baby to latch unto. It’s the same concept here. Once everything relaxes and adjusts to its new normal they’ll perk right back up! Hope this helps.
I am happy to report that my nipples are waking back up and looking more normal!!!
Old 11-11-2018, 02:58 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bamawife View Post
I am happy to report that my nipples are waking back up and looking more normal!!!
Yay for normal nipples! lol It’s always a relief to realize they aren’t going to be flat forever.
Old 05-08-2021, 03:39 PM

Rockinr is on a distinguished road
How long did it take for u to get feeling back in your nipples? I’m 9 weeks post op and still have no feeling