Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Going back to work where lifting is involved

Old 10-18-2018, 07:23 PM
~ Imperfection is beauty ~

Jpchk is on a distinguished road
Going back to work where lifting is involved

My job can be physically demanding at times. I'm a bartender at a daiquiri shop and we have to fill the machines. My Dr said I can return to work after 2 weeks. These jugs weigh about 25lbs and I have to climb a small step ladder to fill them.
I was told to hug the jugs which I've tried to do to get an idea but that doesn't seem comfortable.
I know everyone's recovery is different but, anyone have a job with similar requirements? If so what modifications did you make and how long were you off?
Old 10-18-2018, 09:06 PM

bamawife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jpchk View Post
My job can be physically demanding at times. I'm a bartender at a daiquiri shop and we have to fill the machines. My Dr said I can return to work after 2 weeks. These jugs weigh about 25lbs and I have to climb a small step ladder to fill them.
I was told to hug the jugs which I've tried to do to get an idea but that doesn't seem comfortable.
I know everyone's recovery is different but, anyone have a job with similar requirements? If so what modifications did you make and how long were you off?
I work in a profession that involves heavy lifting. My plastic surgeon told me to keep my arms down and elbows in when doing part of my job. I took a week off. If I could have afforded to be off longer I would have done that!!! Donít be afraid to ask for help.
The Following User Says Thank You to bamawife For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 10:28 PM

Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
I did not have a physically demanding job, but I can say for the first month my chest was very sensitive, so I cannot imagine being about to hug say a keg or something like that. Is there anyway a coworker could help you with that part until you're able to do it? I know we have a bar near where I am that is New Orleans Daiquiri themed and they have the machines, so I think I know what you're talking about. They are sooo good but I never have one more than once a month sooo much sugar lol.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:50 AM

Jls2000 is on a distinguished road
I am a floral designer, so I know where you are coming from on the demanding side of things! The buckets of water that I have to fill for processing flowers, large vased arrangements & casket pieces are all way over my recommended weight limit of a gallon of milk (10lbs)
I went back to work after 10 days, but took it easy for the first few. The following week I had a wedding on the books and the bridal bouquet was large & heavy. I just took lots of breaks. I worry quite a bit about overdoing it and causing damage, but for those first 6 weeks you have to ask for help! I am a very independent worker, and that has been the hardest part. I am now almost 4 weeks post op, And sometimes at the end of a long day my chest muscles are still a little tender. Take it slow, if it hurts dont do it & protect your investment as muc as you can!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jls2000 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2018, 02:08 PM
~ Imperfection is beauty ~

Jpchk is on a distinguished road
Thanks ladies. I'm lucky I have some great friends/customers and they are already trying to figure out ways for me to come back and get my job done. I depend on my tips for rent so taking too much time off sucks. Luckily I stash cash for emergencies and am a month ahead on rent. I've waited too long and worked too hard to lose 100lbs to screw them up. Now to stop stressing about the pain side.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:54 PM

bamawife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jls2000 View Post
I am a floral designer, so I know where you are coming from on the demanding side of things! The buckets of water that I have to fill for processing flowers, large vased arrangements & casket pieces are all way over my recommended weight limit of a gallon of milk (10lbs)
I went back to work after 10 days, but took it easy for the first few. The following week I had a wedding on the books and the bridal bouquet was large & heavy. I just took lots of breaks. I worry quite a bit about overdoing it and causing damage, but for those first 6 weeks you have to ask for help! I am a very independent worker, and that has been the hardest part. I am now almost 4 weeks post op, And sometimes at the end of a long day my chest muscles are still a little tender. Take it slow, if it hurts dont do it & protect your investment as muc as you can!
I am a funeral director and embalmer. When I saw casket piece in your reply it caught my attention. I am still under the 10 lb/gallon of milk restriction too. My boss can be finicky at times and I hope and pray he doesnít get tired of my work restrictions!!