Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Anyone had laser scar revision?

Old 11-07-2018, 09:25 AM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Anyone had laser scar revision?

Iím only 4 months post op from a Benelli lift and implants. So I know my scars arenít done healing. However, my left nipple is healing slower/differently than my right. My right looks like it had nothing done to it already. You cannot see any scar. My left is still pink and quite apparent.

Anyway, my doctor says different rates of healing is normal and he wonít even consider intervention until at least 6 months post op. And if at 6 months he does anything, he says the most he will do is use a laser to ďhelp it along and reduce the slight excess pigment response.Ē

My question is, has anyone had laser scar revision? Does it work? My scar isnít raised or excessively wide or anything, itís just dark pink and thus that one nipple looks a bit like a bullseye. lol I would almost be less anxious or bothered by it if both nipples were like this. But it makes me nervous that one healed so effortlessly and the other isnít. Anyone else experience this?
Old 12-04-2018, 09:44 AM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
I never got any response to this post so Iím assuming there arenít many JBI members who have experience with fractional laser revision. I wanted to come back and update my journey for people who may be researching it in the future:

I had my first appointment last week and there has already been major improvements. I was freaking out completely unnecessarily. Itíll be three treatments and if each does this great a job, Iíll have no scar at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lennev For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2018, 01:07 PM

Blingbling is on a distinguished road
Please keep us updated
Old 12-27-2018, 11:44 AM

Alissabt is on a distinguished road
Does it help old scars?

I was going to tattoo them,but this one area did not heal right,and is wide and deep. My left vertical one.
Thanks for the update
Old 12-27-2018, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Alissabt View Post
I was going to tattoo them,but this one area did not heal right,and is wide and deep. My left vertical one.
Thanks for the update
If you have any hyperpigmentation I can highly recommend Fractional laser treatment. I honestly couldnít be more impressed! I was stunned how well only one treatment worked for me. My surgeon and I had agreed on 3 sessions 4 weeks apart, but honestly I got the results I wanted with one. You canít see the scar I was worried about at all. It was red and now itís not even pink. You have to really look for my scar.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennev For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2019, 03:19 AM

Alissabt is on a distinguished road
Does laser help with the texture?

My scars are more hard than red. Mine are deep indented like scars. Wondering if it helps with how they FEEL, after laser treatments. Or is it for appearances only?
Old 01-09-2019, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Alissabt View Post
My scars are more hard than red. Mine are deep indented like scars. Wondering if it helps with how they FEEL, after laser treatments. Or is it for appearances only?
Yes. Because I had my right scar which was invisible but it FELT hard under it. Not raised or anything it just felt firm. I wasnít worried about that one but he insisted on doing laser on both scars, the left for hyperpigmentation and the right for the firm scar tissue. It did soften up considerably.

Scar massage with Castor or Tamanu oil is great for firm scars too if youíre looking for a more conservative approach.