Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Proper garments post capsulorrhaphy

Old 11-20-2018, 06:46 AM

Amorouscritic is on a distinguished road
Proper garments post capsulorrhaphy

I had a capsulorrhaphy done on Thursday to correct a bottomed our implant in my left breast. The procedure was needed likely due to poor tissue quality (weight loss prior to initial procedure), over dissection of the pocket, or just plain heavy implant. I went with the most highly certified PS I could find and paid accordingly BUT he is terrible at post procedural directions! So please what were you told to wear bra wise after your procedure? I was given zero guidance, and when I asked was told, “do you even need a bra?” And then when I expressed concern about the weight of the implants sitting on the new sutures I was told a “soft bra without underwire” should be fine. I ended up ordering a surgical compression bra and have been wearing that 24/7 but I’m just not sure what’s best. My PS overcorrected which I understand is common in capsulorrhaphy so it needs to drop a little to match the right but I also want support so that I can hopefully allow the sutures to heal firmly in place and avoid bottoming out again. I absolutely cannot afford to have the revision done again with a new surgeon. So I want to do everything I can to maintain a good result!
Old 11-20-2018, 09:48 AM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Amorouscritic View Post
I had a capsulorrhaphy done on Thursday to correct a bottomed our implant in my left breast. The procedure was needed likely due to poor tissue quality (weight loss prior to initial procedure), over dissection of the pocket, or just plain heavy implant. I went with the most highly certified PS I could find and paid accordingly BUT he is terrible at post procedural directions! So please what were you told to wear bra wise after your procedure? I was given zero guidance, and when I asked was told, “do you even need a bra?” And then when I expressed concern about the weight of the implants sitting on the new sutures I was told a “soft bra without underwire” should be fine. I ended up ordering a surgical compression bra and have been wearing that 24/7 but I’m just not sure what’s best. My PS overcorrected which I understand is common in capsulorrhaphy so it needs to drop a little to match the right but I also want support so that I can hopefully allow the sutures to heal firmly in place and avoid bottoming out again. I absolutely cannot afford to have the revision done again with a new surgeon. So I want to do everything I can to maintain a good result!
My mom was told not to wear a bra after her revision. Hers wasn’t for bottoming out though... it was for CC and implant exchange. Every doctor is so different that if I were in your shoes I’d call the PS and basically demand more efficient aftercare advice. Just call and say, “I am really unclear on wether or not I should be wearing any type of bra or garment and if so what exactly do you recommend?” You paid good money for his services and you deserve proper aftercare. He is the only one who can really give it to you since he knows the details of his surgical technique etc.

Congratulations on your revision and best luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennev For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2018, 02:25 PM
Too Small, Too Big, Now Somewhere In Between!

ANewPair will become famous soon enough ANewPair will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Amorouscritic View Post
I had a capsulorrhaphy done on Thursday to correct a bottomed our implant in my left breast... And then when I expressed concern about the weight of the implants sitting on the new sutures I was told a “soft bra without underwire” should be fine. I ended up ordering a surgical compression bra and have been wearing that 24/7 but I’m just not sure what’s best.

My PS overcorrected which I understand is common in capsulorrhaphy so it needs to drop a little to match the right but I also want support so that I can hopefully allow the sutures to heal firmly in place and avoid bottoming out again. I absolutely cannot afford to have the revision done again with a new surgeon. So I want to do everything I can to maintain a good result!
Agree with Lennev. I think it's a great idea to call your PS to get clarification. I would ask if the specific compression bra you are wearing is OK or if your PS wants you to have less compression. I also was fearful that my capsulorrhaphy might fail without adequate support/compression, but my PS was insistent that I did not require nor did he want me in a compressive garment (his rationale being that he felt too much compression may compromise blood supply). Some PS's use a specific post-op bra and some PS's tell their patients to buy a generic (front closure) sports bra.

I was sent home from surgery in a Leonisa front closure bra (advertised as a "back support posture corrector bra on the Leonisa website). This is my PS's routine post breast surgery bra. I found it to be very comfortable and supportive without being too constrictive - also extremely easy to put on or remove. I needed all the help I could get managing 2 drains for 11 days so it really was helpful that I could adjust the straps or remove from hook and eye closures. There is a sizing chart on the website, if interested.https://www.leonisa.com/en/products/...k-support-bra/
Old 11-21-2018, 02:46 PM

Amorouscritic is on a distinguished road
I checked out the Leonisa site unfortunately I’m a 32DD or a 30DDD and they don’t seem to have anything in those sizes. I’m going to call Friday but in my experience the office is far from helpful on anything (which is super frustrating given how much I paid and inability to have to pay another surgeon to correct this issue!) thank you so much ladies for your support and help. I’m read numerous studies on the procedure and most recommended underwire to support the newly constructed crease for the first 3-4 weeks.. so until I speak with the office that is what I’m going with in the meantime. This has been such a frustrating process for me! I thought with all the research I did on credentials, etc that I made a good choice in PS’s but clearly appearances can be deceiving.