Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ANewPair

Eeeeeeekkkkk - Any anchor lift ladies here?

Old 12-23-2018, 09:00 PM

Angel1099009766 is on a distinguished road
Eeeeeeekkkkk - Any anchor lift ladies here?

Hi all

10 years and one baby after an augmentation I decided to get a breast lift with some smaller implants. The surgeon insisted I have an anchor lift even though my sagging wasn't too bad and I didn't really question him at the time.

I had the operation 3 days ago and I'm now terrified as to what the scarring will look like with the anchor lift. I had a baby 6 months ago and kind of booked this and went ahead in a bit of a baby haze and now I'm terrified as to whether I'll be left with Frankenstein monster boobs!

Does anyone have any post op anchor scar photos they'd be happy to share? I'd love some reassurance x
Old 12-24-2018, 12:30 AM
Too Small, Too Big, Now Somewhere In Between!

ANewPair will become famous soon enough ANewPair will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Angel1099009766 View Post
Hi all

10 years and one baby after an augmentation I decided to get a breast lift with some smaller implants. The surgeon insisted I have an anchor lift even though my sagging wasn't too bad and I didn't really question him at the time.

I had the operation 3 days ago and I'm now terrified as to what the scarring will look like with the anchor lift. I had a baby 6 months ago and kind of booked this and went ahead in a bit of a baby haze and now I'm terrified as to whether I'll be left with Frankenstein monster boobs!

Does anyone have any post op anchor scar photos they'd be happy to share? I'd love some reassurance x
Having a breast lift was one of the best things that I did and gave me a very perky, youthful and shapely breast. I have had 2 BL's. My first BL was done 13 years ago and was a lollipop/vertical lift. This lift was a game changer for me and my PS was not only able to reposition my areolas and center them perfectly on my breast mound, but to create a very lifted, youthful and perky breast. It did take about 1 year for my scars to turn white and then another year to become almost imperceptible. Of course, everyone heals differently, but this was my experience. I was instructed at that time to use Micropore paper tape and to keep my scars taped for 3 months, only removing the tape if it was practically falling off and then retaping my scars. This worked beautifully and was very inexpensive.

Recently, I had another revision to downsize my implants and because my nipple areola complex was still in great position thanks to my 13 year old BL, my PS was able to perform a BL with a horizontal incision only and did not have to revise the vertical lift. Both the vertical and the horizontal BL equal a full anchor lift - they were just done at different times and for different reasons. My current BL is now a little over 3 months old and still red, but is very thin and flat. I used silicone sheeting per my PS's instructions beginning at 3 weeks PO and for 3 months. I honestly think that the paper tape worked just as well and was far less expensive.

I know how easy it is to second guess decisions that have been made and wonder if we did the right thing, especially when looking in the mirror soon after surgery and seeing incisions that frankly can look very scary. I want to reassure you that in my experience scars do change over time for the better. I would also like to share with you that having both of my breast lifts, particularly my first BL was a complete game changer by moving my areolas to the center of my breast mound, making my areolas a tad bit smaller giving me a very perky, youthful breast and it has lasted 13 years and is still standing the test of time. My second BL was done more out of necessity to excise redundant tissue from having my breasts stretched out by larger implants after I downsized. I have pics of my entire breast implant journey that starts at the very beginning in 1989 to present and you can see for yourself what my scars look like. You are welcome to send me a friend request and look through my albums.

There are so many of us JBI members who have had breast lifts and many of us report excellent results. Some women do end up having scar revisions or laser treatments and also report good results. I have one very small area that I could have revised at 6 months PO along my left medial crease, but I can see it improving month after month and I honestly don't think it will be visible in several more months unless I am really looking for it.

If it were me, I would continue to reach out for reassurance and stay in close contact wtih your PS. You will soon be reaching the time when you can start scar therapy per your PS's instructions which will help minimize your scars by helping to keep them flat and thin. I am wishing you all the best for a wonderful outcome!
Old 12-24-2018, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by ANewPair View Post
Having a breast lift was one of the best things that I did and gave me a very perky, youthful and shapely breast. I have had 2 BL's. My first BL was done 13 years ago and was a lollipop/vertical lift. This lift was a game changer for me and my PS was not only able to reposition my areolas and center them perfectly on my breast mound, but to create a very lifted, youthful and perky breast. It did take about 1 year for my scars to turn white and then another year to become almost imperceptible. Of course, everyone heals differently, but this was my experience. I was instructed at that time to use Micropore paper tape and to keep my scars taped for 3 months, only removing the tape if it was practically falling off and then retaping my scars. This worked beautifully and was very inexpensive.

Recently, I had another revision to downsize my implants and because my nipple areola complex was still in great position thanks to my 13 year old BL, my PS was able to perform a BL with a horizontal incision only and did not have to revise the vertical lift. Both the vertical and the horizontal BL equal a full anchor lift - they were just done at different times and for different reasons. My current BL is now a little over 3 months old and still red, but is very thin and flat. I used silicone sheeting per my PS's instructions beginning at 3 weeks PO and for 3 months. I honestly think that the paper tape worked just as well and was far less expensive.

I know how easy it is to second guess decisions that have been made and wonder if we did the right thing, especially when looking in the mirror soon after surgery and seeing incisions that frankly can look very scary. I want to reassure you that in my experience scars do change over time for the better. I would also like to share with you that having both of my breast lifts, particularly my first BL was a complete game changer by moving my areolas to the center of my breast mound, making my areolas a tad bit smaller giving me a very perky, youthful breast and it has lasted 13 years and is still standing the test of time. My second BL was done more out of necessity to excise redundant tissue from having my breasts stretched out by larger implants after I downsized. I have pics of my entire breast implant journey that starts at the very beginning in 1989 to present and you can see for yourself what my scars look like. You are welcome to send me a friend request and look through my albums.

There are so many of us JBI members who have had breast lifts and many of us report excellent results. Some women do end up having scar revisions or laser treatments and also report good results. I have one very small area that I could have revised at 6 months PO along my left medial crease, but I can see it improving month after month and I honestly don't think it will be visible in several more months unless I am really looking for it.

If it were me, I would continue to reach out for reassurance and stay in close contact wtih your PS. You will soon be reaching the time when you can start scar therapy per your PS's instructions which will help minimize your scars by helping to keep them flat and thin. I am wishing you all the best for a wonderful outcome!
Oh my goodness thankyou so much for this reply and reassurance. It's great to hear you were so happy you did it again. And also that the scarring does die down! You've also reminded me that I did want my areolas made smaller, which my surgeon has said he did which is another advantage.

I'm so scared to even take a peek beneath the dressings right now - I have a c section scar which looks awful to me 6 months on but I'm hoping will get better and the same goes for my boobs.

Your tips for minimizing scarring sound great too and I've been looking into the silicone strips which may be worth a try.

Thankyou so much and I'm going to see how I may be able to view your pics as I'd be even more reassured seeing an actual other persons scarring (rather than Google images!)
Old 12-24-2018, 11:38 AM

Maman-de-3 will become famous soon enough
Hi all

You can take a look at my album. feel free if you have any questions ;-)
Old 12-24-2018, 12:31 PM

Oh my goodness thankyou so much for this reply and reassurance. It's great to hear you were so happy you did it again. And also that the scarring does die down! You've also reminded me that I did want my areolas made smaller, which my surgeon has said he did which is another advantage.

I'm so scared to even take a peek beneath the dressings right now - I have a c section scar which looks awful to me 6 months on but I'm hoping will get better and the same goes for my boobs.

Your tips for minimizing scarring sound great too and I've been looking into the silicone strips which may be worth a try.

Thankyou so much and I'm going to see how I may be able to view your pics as I'd be even more reassured seeing an actual other persons scarring (rather than Google images!)
You are very welcome! I am glad you are feeling a bit more reassured and remembered why you wanted to have a breast lift which included making your areolas smaller. I have sent you a friend request and added you as a contact so feel free to click on my user name and you will be able to see my photo albums.

pineapple49 likes this.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:48 PM

Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all
I haven't had a lift but 8 years ago when i was looking into a BA, i thought i don't want a lift, turned out i didn't need one. Then i joined this Forum, and over the years i have seen many ladies have a lift with their BA, there are so many excellent results with the look, and incisions that have faded, if i ever needed a lift now, i would definitely have one.

Thee days is very early, and when you first look at them! remember that you have a way to go before you see that final result.

Your not alone as far as BL go! there is a BL Social group on here, i can't say that everyone is still active but there are 291 Members, so you might like to have a look. I will leave you the link.

https://www.justbreastimplants.com/f...ft-ladies-155/

Best of luck with your recovery, I look forward to following your journey.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cherry.Pie View Post
I haven't had a lift but 8 years ago when i was looking into a BA, i thought i don't want a lift, turned out i didn't need one. Then i joined this Forum, and over the years i have seen many ladies have a lift with their BA, there are so many excellent results with the look, and incisions that have faded, if i ever needed a lift now, i would definitely have one.

Thee days is very early, and when you first look at them! remember that you have a way to go before you see that final result.

Your not alone as far as BL go! there is a BL Social group on here, i can't say that everyone is still active but there are 291 Members, so you might like to have a look. I will leave you the link.

https://www.justbreastimplants.com/f...ft-ladies-155/

Best of luck with your recovery, I look forward to following your journey.
Oh my goodness thankyou so much for this message and this link - I'm going to click on this now. Thankyou!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Angel1099009766 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2018, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by ANewPair View Post

Wow I've just checked your album and what a fantastic job! I couldn't see any scarring even at the 3 month mark. This gives me hope and you must be so pleased x
Old 12-25-2018, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Maman-de-3 View Post
You can take a look at my album. feel free if you have any questions ;-)
Thankyou so much. You must be thrilled - what an incredible jo! I cant believe how great your scarring is even in the 6 week picture. That's not what I imagined the scarring would look like (I have visions of Frankenstein monster under my tapes!) - you looks great.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:29 AM

Wow I've just checked your album and what a fantastic job! I couldn't see any scarring even at the 3 month mark. This gives me hope and you must be so pleased x
Angel, thanks so much! I'll message you when I post pics to my album of my recent "horizontal mastopexy" (crease) which will show you where I am at nearly 4 months post-BL. It just occurred to me that your 6 month old C-section scar is much too early to judge how your own body heals. These types of closures are not done by plastic surgeons, but rather OB-Gyn's who do not receive the training to do very fine suturing technique AND it's only been half a year. It takes a lot of patience to see the final results. Given sufficient time, I am hoping that you too get a very good result not only from your BL, but your C-section scar as well. You might want to think about asking your PS about starting scar therapy on your C-section scar and see what he recommends.
Old 12-27-2018, 04:09 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
I had a breast lift and I am so glad I did. I would do it the same again in a heartbeat. Iím only 6 months post op and you canít see my scars at all. They got redder and angrier looking between 3-5 months, thatís typically. The ugly stage. I had one side that the scar was healing a bit slower. It bothered me because Iím a impatient perfectionist lol... a little fractional laser treatment and BOOM! Completely Invisible! There are so many reliable scar treatments nowadays that thereís no need to trip on scars whatsoever!

Side Note: Iím a Doula and I would highly recommend Castor Oil Packs overnight on your Cesarean scar every night for 30 days. Slather the castor oil on thick and cover it with cling wrap to avoid it getting on your clothes/sheets. Works like a charm!
Old 12-29-2018, 07:35 AM

lennev thankyou so much.im really grateful to this forum for letting me know the scarring gets worse before it gets better.i seem to have completely forgotten that stage from my BA.

I'd never heard of using castor oil on my c section scar but will definitely give it a go! I have a mini massager and silicone gel for when I get the all clear from my surgeon to use on my boob scars. X
Old 01-01-2019, 07:40 AM

Jls2000 is on a distinguished road
I had a breast lift with implants in September to correct tuberous breasts. I am fair skinned and also worried about how my scars would look because my c-section scar was very red & raised for many years! I am now 3 months post op, and the lift scars are seriously almost undetectable. They are flat & smooth, and have really improved each month. Your Dr should give you some scar cream too, and this helps tremendously!
Old 01-01-2019, 11:45 AM

Jls2000 this is so reassuring to hear thankyou .I'm so pleased that the c section scars aren't reflective of how the boob scars will turn out. And 3 months is an awesome timescale. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed the whole time!! X