Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Bio Oil?

Old 01-04-2019, 02:43 AM

bamawife is on a distinguished road
Bio Oil?

Just curious if anyone has had success using bio oil on your scars? Yesterday I switched from scargyard to bio oil. My scars are not ugly but they are still very visible. I donít mind them being seen but if I can reduce the visibility of them I would be happy!
Old 01-04-2019, 06:47 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
I did. This is my scar progression 2-3-4-5 months

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KayKay1206 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2019, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by KayKay1206 View Post
I did. This is my scar progression 2-3-4-5 months

Awesome! Your results are fabulous!!! I am 3 months po and today is day 2 with bio oil. Scarguard wasnít doing much for me. I was using the gel on my nipple scars and the strips in the vertical scars. Thank you for your reply!
The Following User Says Thank You to bamawife For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2019, 02:19 PM

Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all Cherry.Pie is a name known to all
I used Bio-oil like KayKay did! i had excellent results, i did use it for the first 12 months i was consistant with it.

In my album dated 2014 there is a pic of my incision, at that stage barely visible. I will send you a FR so you can see.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:52 AM

Your results are fabulous! I happy that I made the switch. I am 3 months post op so hopefully that is still early enough to work! Scars donít really bother me but if I can do something to improve them by all means I will! 😊
Old 01-06-2019, 10:06 AM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
I used it on my wrist when I had surgery and the scar is white and flat. I'm using scarguard MD on my areola incisions because Dr Revis said he has found it helps blend the scar in so there is not a white line like on my wrist. I'm also using essential oils once a day to help with things. Fingers crossed that between the 2 I won't have a noticeable scar. For some reason with my first BA I didn't use anything but mederma and had almost invisible scars. It could just be because I'm older that my body is choosing to have white scars instead of letting them blend in.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by heymom3 View Post
I used it on my wrist when I had surgery and the scar is white and flat. I'm using scarguard MD on my areola incisions because Dr Revis said he has found it helps blend the scar in so there is not a white line like on my wrist. I'm also using essential oils once a day to help with things. Fingers crossed that between the 2 I won't have a noticeable scar. For some reason with my first BA I didn't use anything but mederma and had almost invisible scars. It could just be because I'm older that my body is choosing to have white scars instead of letting them blend in.

I used Mederma for a short time following my tummy tuck in 2000. It didnít do much for me. Of course that was prior to Google! We all heal differently so I am sure thatís why some products work better for some than others. The scarguard didnít do anything for me. I am holding out hope that bio oil will!!! I donít mind scars but if I can lessen their appearance I will be happy!
Old 01-08-2019, 05:21 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
People often say Bio oil is ďglorified baby oilĒ (including most surgeons) but honestly I donít see how thatís a bad thing since a basic, primary importance of scar treatment is keeping the scar moisturized which any oil certainly would do. Many girls here have used it with success. It has never worked for me so I didnít bother with it this time.

Iím loving a blend of Tamanu oil and castor oil. Very effective but can get a bit messy so I use it at night.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennev For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2019, 06:05 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
I really wanted bio oil to work for me! I'm allergic to some ingredient so I broke out in a rash. I used scarguard for about a week. It was annoying to brush on constantly.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:09 PM

april.12 will become famous soon enough april.12 will become famous soon enough
Not to be a downer on this thread, but I am against bio oil. It is mineral oil, which is quite literally from rocks. We are having an issue right now with talc causing cancer, who's to say mineral oil won't be next?

I asked my doctor about it and he said there are no studies that show it helps scarring. However he was able to cite and describe two studies in details about scar reduction, one that concluded microport tape reduced scarring and one that concluded silicone strips reduce scarring via a surface phenomenon. So, your body isn't absorbing the silicone, but rather the smooth surface causes the scars to heal/diminish naturally and quickly. You can get silicone strips at the store.

I used silicone strips and after maybe 8-10 weeks, microport tape. My scars are almost the same as KayKay's now. I can try to post a picture at some point. I am 9 months post-op now.

Personally, I am very concerned about my health/safety so that's why i didn't use bio oil or mineral oil. No shade to the ladies who did, I am just a little more anxious about things like this haha. That's why I didn't get silicone gel implants either.
The Following User Says Thank You to april.12 For This Useful Post: