Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Revealing scars to hubby...

Old 01-12-2019, 03:33 PM

Angel1099009766 is on a distinguished road
Revealing scars to hubby...

Hello all,

I had an anchor lift and implant replacement 3 weeks ago. Now, it took me at least 2 weeks to look at my boobs on account of the scarring and whilst I'm getting used to it now, it still is very ugly and a bit terrifying.

I have a feeling my husband will pass out if he sees them like this and I just wondered if anyone would be happy sharing their experience as to how long they waited to show their partner? I think the other kinds of lift are much less brutal so I'd particularly love to hear from any other anchor ladies.

X
Old 01-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Too Small, Too Big, Now Somewhere In Between!

ANewPair will become famous soon enough ANewPair will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Angel1099009766 View Post
Hello all,

I had an anchor lift and implant replacement 3 weeks ago. Now, it took me at least 2 weeks to look at my boobs on account of the scarring and whilst I'm getting used to it now, it still is very ugly and a bit terrifying.

I have a feeling my husband will pass out if he sees them like this and I just wondered if anyone would be happy sharing their experience as to how long they waited to show their partner? I think the other kinds of lift are much less brutal so I'd particularly love to hear from any other anchor ladies.

X
I can understand your concerns having had both a lollipop (vertical) and a horizontal mastopexy which when combined equal an anchor lift. My husband is a bit squeamish when it comes to all things medical/surgical and I personally felt more comfortable in a bra (pretty bras!) for about the first 8 or so weeks before fully introducing the girls to my husband. Perhaps a less squeamish husband would have taken things totally in stride, but I really did not want to stress my husband out. Although he was certainly helpful and caring during the entire course of my preop, surgery and recovery, I saw how he reacted to the sight of my drains (I had them for 11 days) and I thought it would just be better for both he and I to let some time pass. The more confident and comfortable I became with my new breasts, the more I noticed that my husband became more comfortable. So, you know your husband the best and I would go with whatever you feel most comfortable with.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:37 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
I prepared my husband before my BA/Lift by showing him post op photos off google. lol I also showed him photos of how they look as they heal, so he really knew what to expect and wasn’t shocked.

If you’re post op already, you can still possibly use photos to show him that it’s “normal” and it won’t look like that forever. I found some on google that were actually the same person at 1 week, 1 month, 3months, 6 months and 1 year post op. It helped a lot to have visual aide reassurance that they change drastically and quickly and all the “early post op oddities” like: High/Hard, bruising, puckering, hyperpigmentation, obvious scarring, etc is part of the process and completely temporary. You could show him photos to prepare him, show him yours and then only show him photos if he responds with concern, or not show him yours at all if you’re not ready but show him the photos to prepare him for when you ARE ready.

To Clarify, Just remember to find public photos if you decide to do this. I would NEVER recommend using any from private albums here or other “member only sites”. Best luck!

Last edited by BooBitties; 01-26-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 08:04 PM

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. First of all - I don't know how you coped having drains for so long - I had them for less than a day and they drove me insane so you must have the patience of a saint!

I imagined that it would be several months before I let him see me without a bra on (and using fake tan or something even then!) As given how they look now (fairly butchered lol) I can imagine they will be healed before then. I don't mind him seeing a scar but I think I'd prefer it more pink or white before I scare him off!
The Following User Says Thank You to Angel1099009766 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2019, 08:05 PM

lennev thanks so much for sharing your experience too - I love all the prep work you did with your partner before hand.

I think if I get a reaction of 'good god what happened?!' when I unleash them, once I've stopped crying (ha!) I'll Google search images to show that the healing is quite normal. That's a great idea!
Old 01-13-2019, 01:04 PM

april.12 will become famous soon enough april.12 will become famous soon enough
The partner I was with at the time of my surgery had doctors for parents, so I think maybe he was a little better at things. But he saw my breasts day 1 post-op because he had to help me shower. My doctor allowed me to shower on the first day as part of rapid recovery. So he saw my "barbie boobs" lol. I am all drugged up like "oh god they look so weird" and he's like "it's okay, it's okay, just get in the shower". Lol. He never had anything bad to say about them.

As for scars particularly, I kept microport tape over them for 7 weeks straight to show my friends, since the scars were a little unsightly.

I would hope your partner would be supportive and not have a negative reaction to your surgery!! Good luck
Old 01-18-2019, 11:50 AM
~ Imperfection is beauty ~

Jpchk is on a distinguished road
I told mine they wouldn't be pretty and he was more prepared than I was. He saw them before I did since the nurse showed him how to check my nipples for good blood flow. I on the other hand was a bit queasy about it. But, we will see if that changes when the steri strips all fall off.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:00 AM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
My fiancée at the time (now ex) when I had a breast revision years ago had to help me get my surgical bra off for a shower 2 days post op. I was way too sore to do it myself. Not only did I have traditional stitches not dissolvable but because I went from overs to partial unders I had to have mariner stitches to keep the old overs pockets closed until they healed up. These stitches go from the overs pockets through the actual nipple not areola so my nipples were weird and flat and stitched up. Scary sight for me and I knew about frankenboob but I wasn't expecting square boobs or for them to look so scary.

This revision and 360 body lift I will have my now husband with me and will have no problems with him helping me undress if necessary or shower (he will need to wash my hair as my ps rules are no lifting above shoulder height) and not only do I feel completely comfortable around him he has a strong stomach and doesn't get squeamish. He watched my entire first c section when our daughter was born as in looked around the curtain and watched the entire thing. He was with me when I had a breast biopsy done and again watched with no qualms. He was spewing when our son was born as it was a different hospital (I was high risk) and they refused to let him watch even though we told them he watched the first one and he didn't pass out. He also watched get the epidural and spinal. If your hubby has a weak stomach wait. If not he's your husband they are meant to be with us for the best of times and the worst of times. Don't feel embarrassed or worry about how he will feel about them. Maybe even ask if he's ready to see them yet when you feel comfortable. It's important you feel comfortable but just remember he loves you, all of you.