Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree38Likes
  • 1 Post By makeitcount
  • 3 Post By BooBitties
  • 1 Post By makeitcount
  • 4 Post By dixie1
  • 2 Post By heymom3
  • 6 Post By KayKay1206
  • 4 Post By Lennev
  • 5 Post By dj2012
  • 2 Post By PumpkinPasties
  • 2 Post By Linaki
  • 4 Post By doubleb
  • 1 Post By Lennev
  • 1 Post By dj2012
  • 1 Post By peruviansexy
  • 1 Post By lnf
Old 03-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #1  

makeitcount is on a distinguished road

Super upset after ba consult: ps says I need a lift

So this was something I was worried my PS would say. I went for my first consult today and he strongly recommended me getting a lift along with my BA. I am 28, 5í7 and 130 lbs but have fluctuated between 170 and 120 since I was 16.

I really donít want scarring. Iím super upset because I have been wanting a BA for years and am finally able to financially afford it on my own. I hate my breasts and canít even look at them. But I donít want to have a ba + lift and hate my scars. I already have very bad and visible stretch marks which Iím so self conscious and ashamed of (they are really bad). I donít know what to do and am now reconsidering everything. I love my body so much but I hate my breasts. I donít want scars but I donít want my breasts to look ďdeformedĒ without a lift. Can anyone please give me some insight? Iím so confused.
peruviansexy likes this.
makeitcount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:29 PM   #2  
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

Thanked 1,233 Times in 1,098 Posts
BooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
What kind of lift? Scars fade. I have seen many beautiful lift results. In the beginning it can look rough, but that's with or without a lift.

I did not get a lift and I 100000% regret it. Like you, I didn't want the scars. It costs more in the end to fix what we don't want to address the first time around. Believe me. :/
bamawife, peruviansexy and CeeBee like this.
BooBitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 02:33 PM   #3  

makeitcount is on a distinguished road
He drew a diagram for me and said something about vertical but there was so much going through my mind that I canít even remember what he said. I am stage 2 according to the doctor. I am going to go to a few more consults with other doctors to see what they say...but Iím so disappointed now. I really donít want scars even if they do fade because I have really bad stretch marks. Iím so frustrated. I donít even know if I want to go through with this anymore.
peruviansexy likes this.
makeitcount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:23 AM   #4  

dixie1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBitties View Post
What kind of lift? Scars fade. I have seen many beautiful lift results. In the beginning it can look rough, but that's with or without a lift.

I did not get a lift and I 100000% regret it. Like you, I didn't want the scars. It costs more in the end to fix what we don't want to address the first time around. Believe me. :/
Agree with this 1000000%. I didn't want a lift and 3 surgeries and 25k later...here we are. Get the lift if they recommend one. The scars will fade.
dixie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:09 AM   #5  

heymom3 will become famous soon enoughheymom3 will become famous soon enough
I think I was borderline for a lift with my first BA but the surgeon didn't mention it so I didn't ask because I didn't want scars. 9 years later I was getting a revision because my skin was so stretched and the implant so low on 1 side especially. The surgeons in my area were talking about taking a triangular piece of skin/tissue away, doing a full anchor lift, etc. I was not going for that at all so I went to a surgeon who said seri silk mesh, maybe bigger implants depending, fat grafting, and tightening the pockets. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER which led me to Dr Revis. He did an internal bra with permanent sutures and bigger implants but thanks to the botched job the other surgeon did and my pockets stretching too much things are still not right so I might be having yet another revision. I asked about a Benelli lift and Dr Revis said he really feels like I would benefit from that if I trust him to do it. You see when I saw him before he kinda mentioned it but both my husband and I were worried about sensation loss and scar tissue. It wasn't mentioned as much as a lift as it was to make my areola smaller and move them up a bit but we weren't bothered by those issues. This time around I will do whatever Dr Revis feels is necessary to get my girls right.... scars or no scars. I did ask him if he has a very steady hand to make perfectly circular incisions around them. He laughed and said yes he does. LOL I'm still trying to decide for sure but most likely I will be back in Sept. for my revision.

All this to say if you need a lift get one. You are young, the scars will fade and possibly even disappear. Many women on here have had lifts where you can't even see the scars unless you look closely. I do agree that you need to get multiple consults and bring wish pictures of what you want to look like. Also pictures of what you do not want to look like. Ask the surgeons for their after photos of women who they've done lifts on because you want to see how the scars look. Good luck with everything
BooBitties and peruviansexy like this.
heymom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:19 AM   #6  
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

Thanked 4,349 Times in 3,905 Posts
KayKay1206 is a splendid one to beholdKayKay1206 is a splendid one to beholdKayKay1206 is a splendid one to beholdKayKay1206 is a splendid one to beholdKayKay1206 is a splendid one to beholdKayKay1206 is a splendid one to beholdKayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
All implants give you is a bigger version of what you already have. Where they si, how they hang, nipple placement, gap/cleavage. None of that changes.

Its either forego the lift and have a bigger version of saggier boobs (weight of implant will make the sag more dramatic) and then spend more money on another surgery?

or BA and lift, risk scars (scars fade!) and have breasts your happy with?
dj2012, BooBitties, Linaki and 3 others like this.
KayKay1206 is offline   Reply With Quote

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #7  

Lennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitcount View Post
So this was something I was worried my PS would say. I went for my first consult today and he strongly recommended me getting a lift along with my BA. I am 28, 5í7 and 130 lbs but have fluctuated between 170 and 120 since I was 16.

I really donít want scarring. Iím super upset because I have been wanting a BA for years and am finally able to financially afford it on my own. I hate my breasts and canít even look at them. But I donít want to have a ba + lift and hate my scars. I already have very bad and visible stretch marks which Iím so self conscious and ashamed of (they are really bad). I donít know what to do and am now reconsidering everything. I love my body so much but I hate my breasts. I donít want scars but I donít want my breasts to look ďdeformedĒ without a lift. Can anyone please give me some insight? Iím so confused.
I was exactly like you. I didnít want a lift. I cried when I found out I needed one. I had the same fears. I even considered not doing the lift, but Every person I know that had a BA w/out lift after being told they needed a lift has regretted it. Every single one.

I also have stretch marks and honestly the stretch marks look better because of the lift! Crazy, I know. But because they cut away that excess tissue and pull the skin tight, the stretch marks kinda disappear. Itís the weirdest thing. If you donít get the lift, the stretch marks will get worse and you may even end up with MORE because of the stress on the stretched skin.

I had the lift and I love my results!! The scarring gets nearly invisible and with laser treatment you can make it so it is invisible nowadays! If you need the lift, do it.
Lennev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:50 AM   #8  

Thanked 1,214 Times in 942 Posts
dj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the rough
If your surgeon has recommended a lift, 100% do it!!!! I've needed a lift for many years and have gone larger and larger over the years to try and reduce my sag but XL implants and their weight did me no favours. I recently had an anchor lift with areola reduction along with a 66% reduction in implant size and this is by far my most favourite look. Scars are healing well and I've finally got perky breasts 25 years after first getting implants.

I just recently got hold of my pre BA breasts as well as the photos for a revision with the 275cc implants I had back then and I really should've had the lift my surgeon did recommend but being so young I didn't want the scars either. If only I knew then what I know now and I've would've had a lift many years ago.

What Kay said - All implants give you is a bigger version of what you already have. Where they si, how they hang, nipple placement, gap/cleavage. None of that changes - is 100% true!

We've got very similar stats so send me a FR and look at my photos particularly my OLD IMPLANTS album where I have uploaded my original pre BA and first revision photos. Theres no denying I should've done a lift first time round.
dj2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:26 PM   #9  

PumpkinPasties is on a distinguished road
I postponed my surgery for almost 2 years after I was told the same thing. Finally went for it and I couldn't be happier! I never had nicely shaped breasts. Ever. They came in mildly tuberous and I wondered for years why they never seemed to round out after puberty. It only got worse after losing weight.
Now I have the body I always wanted with perky breasts to match. I'm almost one year post-op and my scars have faded nicely.
dj2012 and peruviansexy like this.
PumpkinPasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #10  

Thanked 2,359 Times in 2,202 Posts
Linaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to behold
Some of the most beautiful BA results Iíve ever seen are women who had a lift. If itís recommended go for it. I have a 3 inch scar across my left breast from a breast cancer scare. I donít even see it when I look at my boobs.
dj2012 and BooBitties like this.
Linaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-11-2019, 12:17 AM   #11  

doubleb is on a distinguished road
Just had a lift with augmentation. 2 days ago. I couldnít be happier with results. I was scared of scars also and put off for awhile but after a lot of research found an experienced surgeon that had excellent scar results with other patients. You donít want low hanging implants. You will back in a surgeons office looking for a revision. Look for a board certified surgeon who specializes in breast surgery to get the best possible result. Good luck
dj2012, BooBitties, Linaki and 1 others like this.
doubleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #12  

peruviansexy is on a distinguished road

I am also debating on this!! aww

So, im schedule for BA with Ideals Saline 600cc under the muscle 5.5, 138lbs, broad shoulders.

My doctor recommended i get a lift as well and i told him that i did not want it done since i did not want the additional scaring and he had suggested 500cc or 525cc cause my left boob is a bit smaller than the other and i was like no he also suggested a donut cut around my nipples to make it smaller since i breastfeed for a year and they are huge, My best friend went with me and she had hers done at 525cc and she is 5.4 and 110lbs and small/petite and my docs told her that's alot for your body profile. she declined her lift and the small nipples (donut cut) her breast are silicone sientras and its the gummy bear type they feel very natural but its a bit droopy. as this is what he said when he looked at my breast he said if he did the 500cc/ 525cc it would look a bit droopy. so my friend suggested i go for more to help it and than my MD said if you only want the BA then you need to go for a 600cc and if after you change your mind you can always come back. H e felt that there was no point of doing this twice. but he was very respectful in my decision. But i schedule for 600cc Saline Ideals and not im thinking about it since all of your posts. idk what to do now. i do not want to regret not doing this.... :/ this is very hard... i feel you!!! 100%

Good luck in your decision.. pls update us.. i have exactly 2 month until my op! awwww so anxious. i just emailed my docs for price info since im still debating on the lift and nipple reduction. Im just scared that this will take a lot more time for me to heal.. i hope its just the same as the BA.. can anyone here tell me if a lift and a BA was the same or longer healing?

edited to add PERI-AREOLAR BREAST LIFT this is what my Md wanted to do lol
peruviansexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:57 PM   #13  

Lennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular aura
Now that youíve had a few days to think it over, how do you feel? Are you still upset?

As I said in my above comment, I remember how hard it was for me to hear I needed a lift. But I would highly encourage you to research it. Talk to girls who were told they needed a lift and didnít get one. Then talk to girls who did go with the lift. You will see very quickly that scars arenít as bad as we envision in our minds and in fact, often arenít visible at all by one year post op.

You could also consider going to another two consults. If all 3 doctors say you need a lift, Iíd strongly discourage going against that. If the other two say you donít need one or you are ďborderlineĒ then maybe you could consider skipping the lift. Typically though, Iím gonna be honest and keep it 100, people who donít get a lift or try to fix their sagging with a larger implant end up very regretful and spending more money in the long run. The surgeons are experienced professionals and remember that their first suggestion is always the one they KNOW will look the best and give the best long term results.
dj2012 likes this.
Lennev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:10 PM   #14  

Thanked 1,214 Times in 942 Posts
dj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by peruviansexy View Post
So, im schedule for BA with Ideals Saline 600cc under the muscle 5.5, 138lbs, broad shoulders.

My doctor recommended i get a lift as well and i told him that i did not want it done since i did not want the additional scaring and he had suggested 500cc or 525cc cause my left boob is a bit smaller than the other and i was like no he also suggested a donut cut around my nipples to make it smaller since i breastfeed for a year and they are huge, My best friend went with me and she had hers done at 525cc and she is 5.4 and 110lbs and small/petite and my docs told her that's alot for your body profile. she declined her lift and the small nipples (donut cut) her breast are silicone sientras and its the gummy bear type they feel very natural but its a bit droopy. as this is what he said when he looked at my breast he said if he did the 500cc/ 525cc it would look a bit droopy. so my friend suggested i go for more to help it and than my MD said if you only want the BA then you need to go for a 600cc and if after you change your mind you can always come back. H e felt that there was no point of doing this twice. but he was very respectful in my decision. But i schedule for 600cc Saline Ideals and not im thinking about it since all of your posts. idk what to do now. i do not want to regret not doing this.... :/ this is very hard... i feel you!!! 100%

Good luck in your decision.. pls update us.. i have exactly 2 month until my op! awwww so anxious. i just emailed my docs for price info since im still debating on the lift and nipple reduction. Im just scared that this will take a lot more time for me to heal.. i hope its just the same as the BA.. can anyone here tell me if a lift and a BA was the same or longer healing?

edited to add PERI-AREOLAR BREAST LIFT this is what my Md wanted to do lol
Honestly if your surgeon is recommending a lift you really should do it. I've just had an anchor lift and have had a peri-areolar lift (also called Donut or Benelli lift) in the past.
I accepted your friend request so you can see both. The Benelli lift photos are in the POST OP 2 album and you can see the anchor lift photos in DOWNSIZE TO 390cc.

The scars too are nothing to be worried about. I'm loving how mine are healing and would do it all over again. Wish I did one years ago too.

I've got extremely broad shoulders too and my height is 5' 7" and weight is 58/59kg and after going up and down with size, I definitely prefer the smaller implants on my frame now. While I could carry the larger implants they did make me look very top heavy and matronly. Everyone since my downsize has commented on how much slimmer and younger I look now at 46 years old, I'll take that
peruviansexy likes this.
dj2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:12 AM   #15  

peruviansexy is on a distinguished road
Thank you very much!
dj2012 likes this.
peruviansexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:10 PM   #16  

Maggy is on a distinguished road

Go for the lift!

Please please donít avoid a lift if one is recommended. I needed a lift and now awaiting revision surgery because I basically have larger, droopy boobs. Yes Iím worried about scarring but then like my husband said... you hated them before, you hate them now.. what have you got to lose (lots of cash etc etc but heís talking emotionally). I was lucky that my PS offered a revision because it could have been worse. I canít say that you wonít dislike the scars, Iím worried about this myself, but all Iím saying is is that if you donít go all out, itís possible that you wonít like the result from a BA alone or it wonít last. I feel your pain! Sodding boobs eh?? Sending positive vibes xxx
Maggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #17  
lnf

lnf is on a distinguished road
Smile

Lift is worth it ..

PS's do not suggest lifts for THEIR health - and the benefit is worth it, I can attest. I got a lift on my first BA and the scars were invisible within 6-9 months (and still 16mth out). I then decided to size up a bit with a 2nd BA. It was a breeze, original lift held and all good on the recovery. No regrets on the process at all - which had to be in 2 steps as I did it. Happily sporting 745cc now, not heavy at all, perfect shape - Love em! And I am convinced the original lift (and great PS) had alot to do with it.

It's a journey..
Linaki likes this.
lnf is offline   Reply With Quote
05-20-2019 10:38 PM
Paid Advertisement