Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Lennev
  • 1 Post By Missyinboston

Lollipop lift with just local?

Old 03-08-2019, 02:36 PM

Missyinboston is on a distinguished road
Lollipop lift with just local?

I just posted this in the general forum but then realize that there is a breast left section. Sorry for the double post

So it looks like Iíll be having my revision/lollipop lift towards the end of May. It was going to be a Benelli lift but now he tells me I will have a cut going vertically from my nipple to the crease as well which I believe is then the lollipop lift. I just have too much skin to only do the Benelli lift. He is doing it as a revision in office under local only so that I wonít have to pay for it. If he has enough lidocaine to revise my leg he will be doing that as well. Apparently you can only give a person so much lidocaine under certain circumstances in office without a crash cart or something. I certainly do not want to pay for a hospital and anesthesia fee for these things since Iíve already paid for them but the thought of doing it under only local makes me kind of nervous. He has already worked on my thighs twice, Iím not paying thousands again. And he chose not to do the lift with the implants because he wanted them to settle before he finished them.

Has anybody had a Lift done under local only? Can you tell me what I was like please. I am almost more afraid of him putting the needles in me to inject the lidocaine than anything else. Itís amazing how Iíve had most of my body cut open and Iím fine with the pain and recovering from that but the needles for this scare me. LOL. I know it sounds a little bit ridiculous.

Also, can you tell me about the recovery process from this lift. How much pain were you in following it? How long until you felt more comfortable, etc.

Thanks...
Old 03-10-2019, 05:32 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Missyinboston View Post
I just posted this in the general forum but then realize that there is a breast left section. Sorry for the double post

So it looks like Iíll be having my revision/lollipop lift towards the end of May. It was going to be a Benelli lift but now he tells me I will have a cut going vertically from my nipple to the crease as well which I believe is then the lollipop lift. I just have too much skin to only do the Benelli lift. He is doing it as a revision in office under local only so that I wonít have to pay for it. If he has enough lidocaine to revise my leg he will be doing that as well. Apparently you can only give a person so much lidocaine under certain circumstances in office without a crash cart or something. I certainly do not want to pay for a hospital and anesthesia fee for these things since Iíve already paid for them but the thought of doing it under only local makes me kind of nervous. He has already worked on my thighs twice, Iím not paying thousands again. And he chose not to do the lift with the implants because he wanted them to settle before he finished them.

Has anybody had a Lift done under local only? Can you tell me what I was like please. I am almost more afraid of him putting the needles in me to inject the lidocaine than anything else. Itís amazing how Iíve had most of my body cut open and Iím fine with the pain and recovering from that but the needles for this scare me. LOL. I know it sounds a little bit ridiculous.

Also, can you tell me about the recovery process from this lift. How much pain were you in following it? How long until you felt more comfortable, etc.

Thanks...
Just be careful with the lidocaine. I have to get Botox injections in my neck every 3 months and itís super painful. I use a prescription of lidocaine and prilocaine to numb the area prior to the injections. Last time I did it I apparently went overboard and I ended up passing out and hitting my head and almost had to call 911. And yes it will be a lot of needles. Honestly if it were me Iíd only be willing to have a lift with IV sedation or General.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-11-2019, 05:32 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
I have honestly never heard of anyone having a lift procedure in office with just local. I didnít even know that was a thing. Iíve definitely heard of minor scar revision and other comparatively ďlittle stuffĒ done that way, but never a full on lollipop lift. Iím curious to hear if others have had experience with this as well.

Linaki and bamawife like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lennev For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 03:08 PM

I saw my surgeon on Friday for a follow up and to book the lift. Itís a go. He said because itís just skin that itís fine with local only. I canít say Iím upset that heís considering this a revision and that it wonít cost me anything doing it this way. Iíve been trying to read up on it. I can find a few things here and there but not much. As of now itís booked for April 18. I want to talk to him one more time before we do it because Iím still a bit nervous but Iím excited. Canít wait for this extra skin to be gone and to be finally able to love my implants! Iím going to post pics maybe tomorrow and ask Dr. Revis what he thinks. I need a little reassurance from someone. Iím also going to ask my surgeon about taking some Valium that day. Iíve read that under local only they use oral meds like that to keep you calm.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:16 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
I saw my surgeon on Friday for a follow up and to book the lift. Itís a go. He said because itís just skin that itís fine with local only. I canít say Iím upset that heís considering this a revision and that it wonít cost me anything doing it this way. Iíve been trying to read up on it. I can find a few things here and there but not much. As of now itís booked for April 18. I want to talk to him one more time before we do it because Iím still a bit nervous but Iím excited. Canít wait for this extra skin to be gone and to be finally able to love my implants! Iím going to post pics maybe tomorrow and ask Dr. Revis what he thinks. I need a little reassurance from someone. Iím also going to ask my surgeon about taking some Valium that day. Iíve read that under local only they use oral meds like that to keep you calm.
Well, thatís awesome! Good luck! And please do keep us updated. Iím very curious about the process and your experience. Plus, I think itíll be good for people who may be researching a lift under local in the future.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:00 PM

Well the day is finally here. Iím going tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM. I have Valium to take for the procedure. I will let you know how it goes. Pretty nervous right now...

peruviansexy likes this.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:22 AM

LucyEBR is on a distinguished road
Well the day is finally here. Iím going tomorrow morning at 8:30 AM. I have Valium to take for the procedure. I will let you know how it goes. Pretty nervous right now...
Canít wait to hear how it went.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:06 PM

Well I am home and it is done. He ended up doing a full anchor lift. Out of the eight hours I was there I would say 4 to 5 were actual surgery. It wasnít bad at all. The first breast they worked on was a little bit worse because it wasnít really numb enough yet. But by the time they got to the second one I was completely numb and did not feel anything. The lidocaine is wearing off and I am sore but I just took Motrin and will take my pain meds shortly. I cannot get over the difference in how they look. Itís amazing. I will post some pictures on my profile. After the first one I went to the bathroom. So I have a picture of one done and one not. Itís mind blowing! I cannot wait to see what they look like when they are healed. And to see what size they end up. I am hoping for a 36 double D. Feel free to ask me anything about it

Linaki likes this.
Old 04-20-2019, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
Well, thatís awesome! Good luck! And please do keep us updated. Iím very curious about the process and your experience. Plus, I think itíll be good for people who may be researching a lift under local in the future.
I know you wanted to know how this went... so I quoted you hoping youíll see my previous reply and this one.

Iím tired today and probably could have slept the whole day but Iím going to work for three hours. Aside from feeling tired this morning, I feel great. I still kind of canít believe I did this but I am so happy that I did. I wish I could do all my surgeries like this. He is re-doing my thigh lift in May. My choices are to be under general or to have an epidural. I think Iíll get knocked out for that one. We will see. I will talk to him more about it at my check up next week.

Anyway I canít imagine that I will feel any worse and that it will only get better day by day. Iíll keep you posted. I still need to upload some pictures because they are unbelievable

Linaki likes this.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:32 AM

Ladylumps 21 is on a distinguished road
Update?

Hi! I see this is over a year old, but any chance you can tell us how you like your anchor lift now, about 1 Ĺ years later?

I know you wanted to know how this went... so I quoted you hoping youíll see my previous reply and this one.

Iím tired today and probably could have slept the whole day but Iím going to work for three hours. Aside from feeling tired this morning, I feel great. I still kind of canít believe I did this but I am so happy that I did. I wish I could do all my surgeries like this. He is re-doing my thigh lift in May. My choices are to be under general or to have an epidural. I think Iíll get knocked out for that one. We will see. I will talk to him more about it at my check up next week.

Anyway I canít imagine that I will feel any worse and that it will only get better day by day. Iíll keep you posted. I still need to upload some pictures because they are unbelievable