Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tail

2 weeks post op...

Old 03-20-2019, 08:02 AM

Tail is on a distinguished road
2 weeks post op...

I had a lift with implants 2 weeks ago. From the time of surgery, one of my breasts was higher and tighter than the other. Two weeks in and it hasnít changed at all. My right side is dropping normal and the left is as high and tight as ever.... the doctor says i canít start massaging until 6 weeks post op because of my incisions but Iím starting to look really lopsided and get really freaked out..... has this happened to anyone else? Iím so nervous

peruviansexy likes this.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:55 AM

peruviansexy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tail View Post
I had a lift with implants 2 weeks ago. From the time of surgery, one of my breasts was higher and tighter than the other. Two weeks in and it hasnít changed at all. My right side is dropping normal and the left is as high and tight as ever.... the doctor says i canít start massaging until 6 weeks post op because of my incisions but Iím starting to look really lopsided and get really freaked out..... has this happened to anyone else? Iím so nervous
Hello! and congrats on your procedure. I cant say cause i do not have any experience as i am booked for may. But i wish wanted to wish you the best and hopefully this is just temporary. my doc did mentioned that he always recommends massaging after BA. but idk every MD is different. Did he say anything about it. i mean it might be too soon.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:53 PM

doubleb is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tail View Post
Iím 2 weeks post op also and my left breast (I call it lefty). Is also higher tighter just kind of doing it own thing. My PS had me start breast massages 3 times a day at 6 days post op and it has helped. It is starting to catch up with my right breast (who is just better behaved &#128512. Call your PS and let them know your concerns and maybe they will have another option until your incisions have healed more. I had a full anchor lift but my incisions are healing pretty quick. Weight of implant may be a factor also. Iím only 325 ccs. I hope that help. Good luck
Old 03-24-2019, 10:32 AM

Dolphntattu is on a distinguished road
Me too!

I am 2 and a half weeks post op from a lift and implant with 300 ccs. My right is significantly higher, the PS told me on my first follow up the left nipple would need an in-office simple revision once Iím healed to make me more symmetrical as the left is too low (sadly itís obvious it is not a swelling/healing differently issue). on my second follow up at day 14 to remove sutures he said my right was not starting to drop and I should go ahead and start to massage it. I have googled massaging techniques and am doing more mild upper pole massages so as to not mess with my incisions too much and use one hand to support the underside that has more healing to do at the intersection of the incisions. I think massaging for lifts and implants is less encouraged because of more incisions AND because with lifts you are not trying to stretch the skin due to trying to enlarge, youíre doing the opposite by getting rid of extra skin, so a tighter-higher look is the goal to fix the original problem. My friend who had 3 breast surgeries done said on her last one to reduce her implant size and did a lift her PS said absolutely NO massaging as she had done with her previous surgeries to go large. Hope this helps!
Old 03-25-2019, 08:29 AM
~ Imperfection is beauty ~

Jpchk is on a distinguished road
I'm just over 10 weeks and my left is finally starting to do its thing. I wasn't able to start massage until 4 weeks due to the mesh and I only massage the bottom. Absolutely no pushing down. It's hard to be patient but, try to be it'll catch up.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:03 PM

Missyinboston is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jpchk View Post
I'm just over 10 weeks and my left is finally starting to do its thing. I wasn't able to start massage until 4 weeks due to the mesh and I only massage the bottom. Absolutely no pushing down. It's hard to be patient but, try to be it'll catch up.
Off topic a but, but what kind of mesh did you have? I have titanium coated and have yet to find anyone else with it. Iím just over 10 weeks as well.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:14 PM

PumpkinPasties is on a distinguished road
It's pretty normal. I don't think mine were as drastic but I definitely remember one side trailing behind the other in terms of D&F. Two weeks PO may as well be 3 days. You're probably seeing more swelling going down at the moment than the actual muscles softening up.

Give it more like 6 weeks before you expect noticeable progression in this area. Everyone is different, I know, but I can say for sure you're too early to tell. I think I started looking pretty good around 9-12 weeks but it was a good 6-8 months before they settled "normally" into bras. That's how long D&F can take.