Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Areola revision anyone?

Old 03-20-2019, 09:48 PM

Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
Areola revision anyone?

So I've had my implants for 1 1/2 years now... sometimes I'm still hit and miss on if I love them lol. Some days I love them, other days I keep thinking I should replace them for regular cohesive implants as sometimes I feel they are firm for me. But they do look exactly how I wanted. However, my areolas now are bigger than they use to be, I don't know if it's hormones as I did grow in size significantly even after 6 months PO, the scars around my areolas didn't heal as good as my crease scars, so I'm considering possibly doing a revision on just the areolas, reducing them a bit. Has anyone done this? Did you have good results? My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy btw he thinks the scars aren't bad and that the size of the areolas aren't bad. So this would solely be for me.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:02 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Gummies4Me View Post
So I've had my implants for 1 1/2 years now... sometimes I'm still hit and miss on if I love them lol. Some days I love them, other days I keep thinking I should replace them for regular cohesive implants as sometimes I feel they are firm for me. But they do look exactly how I wanted. However, my areolas now are bigger than they use to be, I don't know if it's hormones as I did grow in size significantly even after 6 months PO, the scars around my areolas didn't heal as good as my crease scars, so I'm considering possibly doing a revision on just the areolas, reducing them a bit. Has anyone done this? Did you have good results? My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy btw he thinks the scars aren't bad and that the size of the areolas aren't bad. So this would solely be for me.
I am also considering Areola revision. A few months back I was unhappy with the scarring from my Benelli lift and I had fractional laser treatment which helped tremendously with the hyperpigmentation and drastically reduced scarring overall.

Backtracking a little, before we started the lasering, when we were discussing my options, my surgeon said he could basically re-do the lift and remove the scarring. At the time I declined and opted for laser but Iím realizing now that the scars werenít the only thing bugging me about my areolas. They werenít made as small as I would have liked during my first surgery. They havenít expanded or anything but Iíd still just like them a little smaller. Iím now in the same boat as you. Iím considering revising and my husband thinks I am absolutely nuts!! He says theyíre perfect and Iím being way too ďnit-picky.Ē So, it sounds like you and I may be going through aerola revision together. My only hesitation is, I was so lucky with my first Benelli. What if the scarring actually turns out worse or my nipples stretch and expand this time?! You know how it is, revision always increases odds of complications. Hopefully someone whose done it can chime in and relieve both our fears.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
I am also considering Areola revision. A few months back I was unhappy with the scarring from my Benelli lift and I had fractional laser treatment which helped tremendously with the hyperpigmentation and drastically reduced scarring overall.

Backtracking a little, before we started the lasering, when we were discussing my options, my surgeon said he could basically re-do the lift and remove the scarring. At the time I declined and opted for laser but Iím realizing now that the scars werenít the only thing bugging me about my areolas. They werenít made as small as I would have liked during my first surgery. They havenít expanded or anything but Iíd still just like them a little smaller. Iím now in the same boat as you. Iím considering revising and my husband thinks I am absolutely nuts!! He says theyíre perfect and Iím being way too ďnit-picky.Ē So, it sounds like you and I may be going through aerola revision together. My only hesitation is, I was so lucky with my first Benelli. What if the scarring actually turns out worse or my nipples stretch and expand this time?! You know how it is, revision always increases odds of complications. Hopefully someone whose done it can chime in and relieve both our fears.
Mine did expand but I think it's hormone related. My right keloided some on the bottom part of my areola, so my scar there is bumpy. So I'm thinking of emailing my PS pics to see options.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:50 PM

bamawife is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gummies4Me View Post
I am actually considering a revision for my right areola. I had complications on that side and my areola is now in the shape of a teardrop. It really bothers me. I have a follow up on April 16 and plan to see what my options are!
Old 03-25-2019, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by bamawife View Post
I am actually considering a revision for my right areola. I had complications on that side and my areola is now in the shape of a teardrop. It really bothers me. I have a follow up on April 16 and plan to see what my options are!
Let me know how it goes! I'm between being okay with my areolas and not lol but definitely want to do something to reduce the scars I have. My crease scars are perfect just want the areolas to look as good.