Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By heymom3

Periareolar mastopexy

Old 02-16-2020, 06:34 AM
Crlygrly

Crlygrly is on a distinguished road
Periareolar mastopexy

I will be having a periareolar mastopexy when I have my implants replaced. I'm a little worried about the healing process and scars. I'm a hairdresser, so my arms are always up for work. I plan to take 2 weeks off. Will that be sufficient for healing? I don't want to pull on the incisions or widen the scars.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:27 AM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Crlygrly View Post
I will be having a periareolar mastopexy when I have my implants replaced. I'm a little worried about the healing process and scars. I'm a hairdresser, so my arms are always up for work. I plan to take 2 weeks off. Will that be sufficient for healing? I don't want to pull on the incisions or widen the scars.
I had dis-solvable sutures then glue topped with steri strips. The strips came off slowly on their own. My instructions were if an area of one came unstuck just cut that little bit off. Do not pull them off. It will look pretty ugly once those strips come off but slowly the suture line will flatten out. Don't massage the scars unless your surgeon instructs you to do so. Mine gave me permission to start using ScarGuard or sillogen once the steri strips were off and scabs were gone.

Crlygrly likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to heymom3 For This Useful Post: