Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Scheduled for Lift and Augmentation for Asymmetry in November

Old 08-19-2020, 08:57 PM

blueberrrybanan is on a distinguished road
Scheduled for Lift and Augmentation for Asymmetry in November

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I'm curious if anyone has had a lift/augmentation for asymmetry. I'm scheduled for a BA/BL in 3 months, and now that I've put down the deposit, I'm freaking out. I'm 49 and I've always struggled with accepting my breasts being different sizes, and wanting to feel "normal" is something I've wanted for a long time. I'm not looking to go big...in fact I'm my PS and I have selected pretty much the smallest I can go (300cc in the smaller breast), but I know I'll be a little bigger overall than I am now. I'm a bit of a tomboy, and don't like a lot of attention on me, but would love to have breasts I like for me.

I know it is a big step, and suddenly I'm reading about and thinking about everything that can go wrong. I want to make an educated decision, but seem to read more things that scare me than reassure me. Has anyone had any good experiences fixing asymmetry with a lift/implants. Now that I've put the money down, I feel like I'm already missing my wonky boobs that have caused me so much daily anxiety for the past 30 years!

Many thanks
Old 08-28-2020, 04:42 PM

maikalanimai is on a distinguished road
I'm scheduled to get a lift + Implant exchange in October. This will be my 3rd BA (had them before kids + got them redone after but they've dropped and are moving towards my armpit so I'm going with a new surgeon to correct and will need a lift).

This is the most common surgery for plastic surgeons, as long as you trust your doctor you should be in good hands although I remember the feeling of how scary it was the 1st time. Sizing is totally based upon a person's build so its hard to speculate on this one, I had two different size implants for my first 2 surgeries. 300/330 and then 375/425 and I was pretty much the same size (wore the same bra size). My current surgeon doesnt think I need different sizes for my next BA, but will discuss that further during my pre-op.

You should feel excited - and use this forum as a great tool fo research - it helps calm nerves for sure.
Old 08-29-2020, 09:22 PM

blueberrrybanan is on a distinguished road
Smile

Originally Posted by maikalanimai View Post
I'm scheduled to get a lift + Implant exchange in October. This will be my 3rd BA (had them before kids + got them redone after but they've dropped and are moving towards my armpit so I'm going with a new surgeon to correct and will need a lift).

This is the most common surgery for plastic surgeons, as long as you trust your doctor you should be in good hands although I remember the feeling of how scary it was the 1st time. Sizing is totally based upon a person's build so its hard to speculate on this one, I had two different size implants for my first 2 surgeries. 300/330 and then 375/425 and I was pretty much the same size (wore the same bra size). My current surgeon doesnt think I need different sizes for my next BA, but will discuss that further during my pre-op.

You should feel excited - and use this forum as a great tool fo research - it helps calm nerves for sure.
Thank you so much for your reply! I do think I need to reframe things a little a be more excited, rather than feel so scared. It's reassuring to hear that you've had implants twice and are comfortable doing it again. I do trust my doctor, and am likely overthinking things at this point. I'm fine to keep them small, I just want to be as even as I can (I know that they will never be perfect....especially going in with different sizes). Good luck to you with your surgery in October. I'll be looking forward to hearing how it goes.