Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By waldorf12

Do I get a breast lift??

Old 12-09-2021, 02:18 PM

waldorf12 is on a distinguished road
Do I get a breast lift??

So I had my first consultation today for breast augmentation and I was surprised to hear that I needed a breast lift (I have stage 1 ptosis). I wouldn't say my breasts a super "saggy" but they naturally sit low on my chest. I asked if I could get away with implants alone and his response was that they will sag more and run the risk of "drooping" or nipples pointing downward, but it's possible to get a good result without a lift. I'm SO nervous about the scarring (it would be a lollipop scar). Anyone here that was suggested to get a lift and didn't but is still happy with their results?? Or that went through with the lift and the scars weren't as bad as you expected.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:49 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
I don't have mine yet, but have consulted with lots of doctors. I definitely need a lift. Your doctor's feedback sounds about right. Although it may seem logical, it's not as simple as inserting a filled bag (i.e., implant) inside droopy skin, to perk them up. You will just magnify the droop. The skin envelope actually needs tightened, hence the lift.

If the surgeon is good, they can do the lift so nicely, that the scar will be nearly invisible after a year. But you have to do your homework and research the prospective surgeon's work to see if you're happy with their skills. I have seen some lift scars that are nasty, and I have seen some that are absolutely gorgeous and practically invisible.

Shop around. Do your homework. Don't assume the first prospective surgeon is "the one." Don't be afraid to travel to find the "right one."

Best wishes!
Old 12-10-2021, 03:13 PM

waldorf12 is on a distinguished road
Ughhhh the decision is so hard! I'm leaning towards implants only. If after healing I'm not happy with the appearance I can always go back and do a lift. My hesitation comes from looking at hundreds of "before" photos for patients that needed a lift and my breasts look nothing like them!

twinpearls likes this.
Old 12-11-2021, 09:18 AM

twinpearls is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by waldorf12 View Post
Ughhhh the decision is so hard! I'm leaning towards implants only. If after healing I'm not happy with the appearance I can always go back and do a lift. My hesitation comes from looking at hundreds of "before" photos for patients that needed a lift and my breasts look nothing like them!
Yes, there are lots of decisions. Yes, you can always go back later, although that's more cash, and more healing time. My suggestion at this moment might be to get a handful of other surgeon's opinions. Currently, it sounds like you only got one surgeon's input. With more knowledge on the situation, you can make a more informed decision.

Cheers!