Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By k9838

Can I use polysporin or other antibiotic ointment

Old 07-01-2022, 12:19 PM

Kimberllyy11 is on a distinguished road
Can I use polysporin or other antibiotic ointment

I got my stitches out yesterday I'm 2 weeks post opp. In one spot it looks more like a wound like maybe it wasn't ready ti have the stitches out there and it's not fully closed. Anyway it hurts and I don't want to get an infection? Does anyone know f
If I can put ointment on it at 2 weeks out? I read somewhere that you're not supposed to, but I can't find much about it online and my surgeon can't talk til next week.
Old 07-02-2022, 12:24 AM

Iwantedhp is on a distinguished road
I got my stitches out 5 days post op. And now my nipple skin is peeling away. Dr said it would heal fine and advised me to use neosporin and no adhesive pads on it.
Old 07-04-2022, 08:28 PM

k9838 is on a distinguished road
every surgeon has different opinions but in my experience most say no to antibiotic ointment, due to the risk of irritation from the antibiotics. My breast surgeon had me on oral antibiotics for 7-10 days post op, with the first 2 days IV antibiotics. My incisions were closed with buried/subcutaneous absorbable so from day 1 they had me tape them and I continued taping for about 6 months post op. I never used ointment because when I switched to silicone tape, that gave me the hydration

twinpearls likes this.
Old 08-29-2022, 10:45 AM

ephremlainson63 is on a distinguished road
Hi, I think it all depends on how exactly you are going through the wound healing process. If there is a bruise around the seam or the skin becomes constantly wet, then I would not advise you to use ointments at such an early date after surgery. Still, you can get an infection, and you definitely don't need that. On my own, I can advise you not to use ointments without consulting a doctor, but I can say that the pills that I ordered on the https://www.pillpal.to/antibiotics-1809 website helped me personally. These are the antibiotics that the doctor prescribed for me, so I think this may also be suitable for you during the recovery period after surgery.