Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Nipple sensation

Old 08-09-2008, 09:31 PM

~CAT~ is on a distinguished road
Nipple sensation

Attention to all the girls who have had breast lift and aug...i am 2 1/2 weeks out and have lost all sensitivity in my nipples. They use to be very sensitive and i liked it...will the numbness go away??? I am so upset!
Old 08-09-2008, 09:46 PM

Charly is on a distinguished road
It will take time and we are all different. Mine took atleast 4 months to stop feeling completely numb. I am 1 year post op and find that the sensitivity is not like is was prior to the surgery, but this is me and others have no problems after the numbness subsides. Good luck and all the best.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:23 AM

Trailrunner will become famous soon enough Trailrunner will become famous soon enough
I am five weeks post op and one nipple has sensation and the other does not. I have read that it can take as long as a year to regain sensation. I a crossing my fingers. I with you--it would be a bummer if the sensation does not return.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:13 AM

Tiger is on a distinguished road
I'm at 2 months 3 weeks. My right not only had sensation, it was almost even MORE sensitive than before, while my left was completely numb.

Very very recently (like in the last week), I started feeling those "zingers" in my left boob, and now when I touch my left nipple, I definitely have some sensation coming back, so it must be that it's taken a while for the nerves to regenerate.

-Tiger
Old 08-11-2008, 04:37 AM
LDH

LDH will become famous soon enough
Try not to freak. I am three months post op and I can tell a differnce on a weekly basis. My right is back to normal and my left is slowly getting there.

edited to add: I didn't realize this was in lift section . . .sorry
Old 08-20-2008, 02:10 PM

kinjon is on a distinguished road
I was totally freaked out at the beginning. I was completely numb on both sides and even posted this same question a couple of weeks back. When I asked my PS at my appt, he just smiled and told me that it was waaayyy to soon to give up.

He was right, and so were all of the awesome girls on this site:: I am now 4 weeks and my left is back. Righty is trying as I am starting to feel light sensation there. So I am confident (and crossing fingers) that both will be 100% A-Ok soon.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:54 PM

morningstar is on a distinguished road
I have some sensation but it's definitely not the same.
I am hoping it comes back.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:09 PM

Krbear4 is on a distinguished road
I didn't get a lift, but at nine months post op I still have about 99% numbness. I have heard from everyone that it is almost unheard of to have complete numbness but I would put myself in that category.

It's really rare and I haven't read many other posts from girls who have as severe numbness as I do and almost none that have lasted this long so my point is it can happen but it is REALLY rare.

When you get cold do you get goose bumps evenly across your breasts? I noticed really early on that my goose bumps stop at about an inch onto both breasts. My nipples sometimes get hard still if I get really cold or squeeze them but I can't feel it.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:33 PM

BabyD8708 is on a distinguished road
I didnt have a lift but the first 2 days when i was very swollen i had no feeling in my breast. as of now i have feeling every where except where my incisions are. and i assume thats is because the nerves are still regenerating there...funny thing is i went from no feeling to hyper sensitivity, i hope it balances out soon... but it's all about nerve regeneration i honestly think u will be fine... good luck!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:31 PM

cindig is on a distinguished road
Krbear4-yes it's rare to have numbness and really really rare for it to be both of them. I am in the exact same place as you but I'm 16 mo po.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:38 PM

caligrrl is on a distinguished road
They say it can take up to a year for the sensation to come back. And, it is a possibility that it won't come back. I had my mastopexy with aug on 5/1, and my left is numb but my right isn't.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:02 PM

tutulove is on a distinguished road
Question

This is one of my fears ( anchor lift with aug sched. in oct.) I was told that there is a 15% chance of numbness, it seems like almost everyone has some sort of numbness, do you all think the the incidence is really higher than 15%? Is there many out there who had lifts without any loss of sensation?