Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

When can you sleep on your side?

Reply Subscribe
Old 01-17-2009, 12:51 PM

picabo is on a distinguished road
When can you sleep on your side?

When is it ok to sleep on your side again?? I'm NOT a back sleeper AT ALL and I'm 8days out and would love to start being able to sleep comfortably.

Any TIPS on how to stay comfy with the new additions?

THANKS!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:37 PM

sugarcoma is on a distinguished road
At about 1.5 weeks I was comfy sleeping on my right side. For some reason, I still can't get comfortable on my other side though at 3 weeks...
The Following User Says Thank You to sugarcoma For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2009, 04:45 PM

fab4tees is on a distinguished road
Boobs sliding back up....

Hi, I had the same question. I'm only 6 days post op, but the 2 nights ago I tried sleeping in my bed instead of the recliner, and I swear when I woke up my boobs were back up under my clavicles, like they were sliding backwards. Is that even possible? I've been sleeping in a recliner for a week, if you can call it that. I'm dying to sleep on my side in bed, but I'm really afraid of what it will do to the healing process. I also would appreciate any feedback you more experienced gals have on this issue, as I don't think I can take much more of the recliner.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:59 PM

suesmiles is on a distinguished road
My PS wanted me sleeping elevated and on my back for the first two weeks. Sometimes I think this was the worst part of recovery....I'm not a back sleeper either. After the two weeks, she told me I could start sleeping on my side as I felt I could. It was painful at first, but each day got better and better until finally I was sleeping all night between both sides. I still get a little sore on one side in the morning if I didn't move from side to side during the night.
The Following User Says Thank You to suesmiles For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2009, 08:08 PM

barbiebunny is on a distinguished road
I was told to sleep how I want. Day 3 I started sleeping on my side. It's now day 6 and sleeping on my side with no problems!
The Following User Says Thank You to barbiebunny For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2009, 08:51 PM

itsnowornever will become famous soon enough
Dont ask us. Talk to your PS. As you can see from the following answers all PS's have different ideas.

Mine said after 2wks. I wasn't comfy until just lately.
The Following User Says Thank You to itsnowornever For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2009, 03:38 PM

1/1/00 is on a distinguished road
i didn't ask & he didn't say specifically about the side. at 2 wks. i did my side. Still mostly back with pillow under knees. no tummy at 5 wks. still
Old 01-18-2009, 03:48 PM

Babe101 is on a distinguished road
I slept on my back for 3 wks, then slept on side, with a pillow supporting my upper arm.
good luck to you
Old 01-18-2009, 03:49 PM

neats59 is on a distinguished road
I just started sleepin on my side 6 weeks post op. It just felt to weird. I hug a pillow to my chest when I do. I am so tired of sleeping on my back to.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:30 PM

picabo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Babe101 View Post
I slept on my back for 3 wks, then slept on side, with a pillow supporting my upper arm.
good luck to you
This is a great idea since that seems to be the side that ends up feeling bad. (cuz the upper arm has nowhere to go wtihout pulling something) I'll have to try it. I NEED SLEEP!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:41 PM

Greta is on a distinguished road
With you in the recliner!

I am also sleeping in my recliner in my bedroom. My anchor incisions go almost even with my armpits and are VERY tender....so I'm sure I'm a ways from side sleeping I tried in the bed one night on my back w/extra pillow and found the recliner is more comfy. i can't believe I'm actually sleeping - must be so worn out at the end of the day.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:53 PM

jayjay is on a distinguished road
Great question... I never thought about how bad it will fill when I try to go to sleep...
Old 02-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Bre

Bre is on a distinguished road
I too was dying to get some decent sleep. I took a smaller blanket and slowly turned toward my side, pushing the blanket between my boobs and a little underneath. Or use a pillow between them. It helped me alot.

Last edited by Bre; 02-26-2009 at 04:34 PM. Reason: oops this was a BL ?. hth anyway!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:53 PM

Babe101 is on a distinguished road
Wasn't till about week 3 that I was able to even think about even trying but I did slowly and I used a pillow to rest my upper arm on and it felt Wonder~ful )
good luck to you
Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 AM

klmason2002 is on a distinguished road
i am now 6 weeks out and am not suppose to sleep on my sides yet, but i broke down for two hours on each side within the last few days. i can not sleep on my back and have gone from a good 8-9hours a day to 5-6 hours and i am exhausted. sleeping solely on my back is killing me.

but my doctor advised me at four weeks to continue sleeping on my back, no running for another 3-4 months, or lifting any kind of weights (even 5 pounders) for 2 more months.

kind of sad about it, plus i can not tell how much more they are going to droop. they dropped some, but are they going to stretch out again?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:35 AM

usredbird is on a distinguished road
I'm a few days over a month post op and it's still uncomfortable for me on my side! Hoping it will improve soon because I'm NOT a back sleeper!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:59 PM

jenbengen is on a distinguished road
I just slept very comfortably on my right side LAST night and I'm almost 4 weeks out. Left side still has some discomfort. I am like you- not a back sleeper at all. It helped me to hug a pillow, too.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:03 PM

vivian is on a distinguished road
I started to roll over on the sides 2 weeks after. I started to do so when I no longer had pain or discomfor. Now I'm at about 1 month and last this morrning I woke up flat on my stomach, again I had no pain. I truly believe that you just have to follow your body and not put your self in any pain. I am not a back sleeper, never have been so sleeping elevated straigh up for two weeks was uncomfortable, irritating, etc.. For two weeks I had to medicate just to fall asleep.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:55 PM

msfunlady is on a distinguished road
I am only able to sleep on my side...This is going to be tough...but worth it.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:09 AM

CAINAZ will become famous soon enough
My PS told me that I could slowly ease onto my side whenever it was comfortable. Once I did, I rolled up my wrap or put a pair of socks in between the girls to help with the weight of them until I got used to them. I honestly thought I would never be able to sleep on my tummy again, but I could about 6 weeks out.
Reply Subscribe