Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Do the results last??? Scars?

Old 02-28-2009, 06:09 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Do the results last??? Scars?

I've had my implants nearly a year and now want to have a lift, will prob only need a crescent or benelli lift. First of all how do I find the right surgeon? The surgeon who did my implants thought implants would lift me enough I've gone back and asked about a lift and his response was they look great they look natural don't touch them leave them alone I'll have scars which will interfere with my work. Everyone who sees them naked will be able to tell I've had something done. Anyway I've been checking out some webpages of possible surgeons and on a couple of them it's saying that the breasts can end up sagging again. Um ok this really scares me! I've already paid $10.5 grand am going to have to pay more so how long will the results last? This is what really worries me. I'd hate to shell out even more money but to have my breasts drop again. Do the results last? As for the pencil test I tried that I can easily hold a pencil underneath my breast when I raise my arm all the way up it falls out. What does that mean? Is the pencil test accurate? Sorry I'm just really really confused right now. I'm scared about the scars I'm upset I paid all this money and didn't get what I want and I'm just plain upset and confused. Please answer my questions. The biggest one is how do you choose the right surgeon for performing the lift. Also my right is slightly bigger and lower can this be corrected?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cupcake85 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2009, 08:56 AM

swansway is on a distinguished road
I am due to have a lift very soon, 14th March. My PS said that I should expect roughly 10 years out of my lift, providing my weight doesn't fluctuate excessively too frequently. He said it should even see me through at least 1 pregnancy without too much of a detriment to his work. So, I am more relaxed about this decision now. I have implants now and after 3 years feel I need a lift. I was also rejected by a lot of surgeons here in England, but now have finally found a great one, so fingers crossed it goes well! Hope this helps and the best of luck to you! :-)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to swansway For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2009, 08:59 AM

swansway is on a distinguished road
And to find the right surgeon you need to see as many as you can and you will get a feel for who is right and who isn't! But for choosing my surgeon for my redo and lift, I made sure they showed me a lot of their previous lift patients, so I could see the results, scarring, shape etc. That really helped me decide!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swansway For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2009, 12:47 PM

lennie is on a distinguished road
I will be talking to my PS end of Mar about redoing my crescent lift. I feel he did not raise enough. However, he has already said he thinks they look great once. I feel that as long as I am paying, I should get the result I want. I know mine look natural, I want a little more perky--more lower pole. If my PS will not do it, I will look for one who will under local.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lennie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2009, 01:21 PM

jennc is on a distinguished road
I'm at the same point. I'm honestly a bit disappointed with where mine sit and how they are shaped. I went to one consult who said I may need a lift, but he wouldn't know until he placed the implants. I didn't like him and went to my surgeon who said the implants would lift them up enough. While my nipples aren't low, I wouldn't mind a bit more lower pole, for them to rest a bit higher (I can't wear tshirts without a bra....eew) and for them to have a more appealing shape. His PA has already said mine were beautiful, but I get the feeling he just doesn't want to deal with it. I've seen a few posts by a few of the surgeons on the site who mention a lift not holding very long, so I'm hesitant about going and paying another 6k for a lift only to have them go back to saggy. Best of luck and hopefully we'll get a good answer!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennc For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2009, 04:29 PM

lennie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jennc View Post
I'm at the same point. I'm honestly a bit disappointed with where mine sit and how they are shaped. I went to one consult who said I may need a lift, but he wouldn't know until he placed the implants. I didn't like him and went to my surgeon who said the implants would lift them up enough. While my nipples aren't low, I wouldn't mind a bit more lower pole, for them to rest a bit higher (I can't wear tshirts without a bra....eew) and for them to have a more appealing shape. His PA has already said mine were beautiful, but I get the feeling he just doesn't want to deal with it. I've seen a few posts by a few of the surgeons on the site who mention a lift not holding very long, so I'm hesitant about going and paying another 6k for a lift only to have them go back to saggy. Best of luck and hopefully we'll get a good answer!
My PS has tried to tell me the same as your PA. I feel they are lower than I want and I do have a bit of lower pole but feel a little more would be more appealing and less "saggy" looking
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lennie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2009, 05:05 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
I'm going to my gp in an hour and a half to get referral letters we need to get referrals to see surgeons so we can them claim back a portion of what we paid. I hate that we have to pay to go on consults it's not cheap especially when you want to see a few different surgeons. I'm going to ask my doctor if he can recommend anyone. There is one great ps but he only does breasts I'm considering lipo on my hips and thighs I figure if I'm getting a lift may as well have the body I want since I now need to pay more money and go through another recovery. The number one question on consults will be what if I don't feel they sit high enough? Anyway I will keep you all updated on how I go. For those who have had lifts done can you tell me what your scars are like? I do a lot of topless work so I'm paranoid about having really noticeable scars around my nipples. Will they be as thick as my crease scars from my implants? They have faded well but they are quite thick and you can feel the lump if that makes sense. Thanks again I only wish I had found this forum when I started researching
Old 03-06-2009, 01:31 PM

burrita is on a distinguished road
Wink

Sorry to hear about your plight. (I just sent you a friend request) I am going in to have a reverse crescent lift to position my nipple lower and from what my ps said it is a 30 min to hour long outpatient procedure. He is not charging me anything so I would assume it shouldn't be too expensive to do both breasts in the office. No facility or implant fees and the scarring is almost invisible for a crescent lift. You deserve to be happy with your results so don't let anyone tell you they look great if you don't think so and as for the scare tactic about being horribly scarred - That's just crappy. I know he is probably concerned that even if he does the work-it may not fix everything but areolar incisions, if positioned correctly, should be almost invisible. I, too, feel my PS may have been bothered/insulted when I stated I wasn't entirely happy so I know how you feel. I would find someone who specializes in mastopexies if you are not interested in the same PS or you might try and work something out with your original Dr. Just take a deep breath and research all you can.
The Following User Says Thank You to burrita For This Useful Post: