Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Lift only vs. Lift with implants

Old 04-17-2009, 10:23 PM

OKmom is on a distinguished road
Question Lift only vs. Lift with implants

First I should say that I am happy with the size of my boobs (34D)-I tell people I don't want them any bigger, I just want them back up where they are supposed to be! Which brings me to my first issue, I have had a couple of consultations and both doctors suggest implants with the lift. I have no desire to be any bigger! I enjoy lots of different sports and sometimes the girls can get in the way. Did anyone out there have similar fears? Next issue(yes I have many) fear of scars-this is primary reason I haven't had the surgery yet. Right now I look fine as long as I have a bra on-but I want to look good naked!!!! Sagging or scarring-which is worse?!?!?!

Any insight would be helpful-Thanks!!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:30 PM

Kayak is on a distinguished road
OKmom, I had lift and implants. If I could do it over, I would have just gone with the lift. I am almost 6 month post-op, and I am just now getting used to the scars. I say go for the lift only. You can also add implants later. In fact, many surgeons do two procedures.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kayak For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2009, 10:35 PM

Thumbs up

Thanks for your input-I really feel this is a big decision-I just want to be as informed as I can possibly be! Can I ask you why you wish you would have just had a lift?
Old 04-18-2009, 11:37 PM

spanxx is on a distinguished road
I had a lift with implants. I am very happy (18 days out). My lift alone would have taken some of the tissue and I would have been a little smaller after. I am very happy because at one point I was up to a G in cup size. I had 2 breast fed babies and was a very deflated C after. The decision to do both made me very happy. I would try on sizers if I were you. Just remember a lift will remove some tissue, maybe an ounce or so. If you like you can FR me and see what my before and afters are.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spanxx For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2009, 11:46 PM

spanxx is on a distinguished road
I had a lift with implants. I am very happy (18 days out). My lift alone would have taken some of the tissue and I would have been a little smaller after. I am very happy because at one point I was up to a G in cup size. I had 2 breast fed babies and was a very deflated C after. The decision to do both made me very happy. I would try on sizers if I were you. Just remember a lift will remove some tissue, maybe an ounce or so. If you like you can FR me and see what my before and afters are.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spanxx For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2009, 12:23 AM

MellyGo is on a distinguished road
Im having a BL/BA soon and I am glad to hear that you are happy with yours. I debated the same issue for a while about doing both procedures togehter, but I based my decision on the fact that i needed a lift either way, so I wanted to stay big instead of getting smaller.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 PM

mimi78 is on a distinguished road
I've looked at hundreds of before and after photos...and nearly every single one I see where the patient got a lift only, without implants, they look funky, not even really better, and I am thinking "what was the point??"
Especially with an achor lift...it changes the shape of the breast, and they always look a little flat on the bottom and the whole breast looks squished. I think it is advised to get implants with a lift, not so much to make them look bigger, but to "round" out the shape of the lifted breast, and possibly correct a little of the funky flatness on the bottom. An implant is more than just a bigger breast, it corrects an unfavorable shape, rounding them out.

You should consider the Benelli lift, which is amazing when I've seen it in combination with implants. Basically, they cut around the nipple, remove extra skin, and it brings the whole breast up and tight, leaving a barely noticable scar around the nipple!! Not to mention, no weird flat spot at the bottom of the breast like an achor lift! Think of it like pulling the string on a drawstring bag...that's how it works. Except no wrinkles of course. Google "benelli lift" . I know that it is not for those with SEVERE ptosis, or sagging, but for those who have a small to moderate amount of sagging. Check into it! And whatever you do, GET IMPLANTS WITH THE LIFT! You can get a low profile to keep them from looking too large! Good luck!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 PM

Thanks for the input! I have had a couple of consultations(four years ago)-the doctors both recommended implants with the lift but I really didn't "click" with either doctor. I didn't feel they were listening to me. I just didn't want to hear that I needed implants-I was a D cup already-plenty big enough for me!!! But maybe I just wasn't ready to hear what they were saying. I have a consultation scheduled for May 8th, I am anxious to hear what he recommends.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:42 PM

Daisy02DD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mimi78 View Post
I've looked at hundreds of before and after photos...and nearly every single one I see where the patient got a lift only, without implants, they look funky, not even really better, and I am thinking "what was the point??"
Especially with an achor lift...it changes the shape of the breast, and they always look a little flat on the bottom and the whole breast looks squished. I think it is advised to get implants with a lift, not so much to make them look bigger, but to "round" out the shape of the lifted breast, and possibly correct a little of the funky flatness on the bottom. An implant is more than just a bigger breast, it corrects an unfavorable shape, rounding them out.

You should consider the Benelli lift, which is amazing when I've seen it in combination with implants. Basically, they cut around the nipple, remove extra skin, and it brings the whole breast up and tight, leaving a barely noticable scar around the nipple!! Not to mention, no weird flat spot at the bottom of the breast like an achor lift! Think of it like pulling the string on a drawstring bag...that's how it works. Except no wrinkles of course. Google "benelli lift" . I know that it is not for those with SEVERE ptosis, or sagging, but for those who have a small to moderate amount of sagging. Check into it! And whatever you do, GET IMPLANTS WITH THE LIFT! You can get a low profile to keep them from looking too large! Good luck!
I think for me mimi78 said it perfectly. I had a ba/bl (lollipop lift). I was so scared to even get the lift because of the scars. I dont think I could go topless on the beach or do any photo shoots but now I am very comfortable walking naked in front of my hubby. All the pictures that I saw that only had a lift ~ I just didnt like the way they looked. I also felt I wanted a rounded boob look. I was a D cup before & I just wanted to be a DD. I have HP 350cc & by the time he was done with the lift & putting in the implant I was became a round filled out D cup instead of a saggy D cup. I will be going back in this summer for larger implants.