Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

For those that only got a BL

Old 02-23-2010, 05:45 PM

Star24 is on a distinguished road
For those that only got a BL

Before my surgery, most of my breast tissue migrated to the lower part of my breasts which was not only gross to look at but my stretch marks were way obvious. I even was indented up top. I went to 3 ps and 2 of them told me I would not be happy with just a lift and suggested implants. The 3rd ps, whom I chose as my surgeon, had suggested a vertical lift with no implants. Well when I went back for a second consult he said he thought I would get much better results with an implant but didn't push the issue.

I decided to get the periareolar lift with implants bc I felt if I got the vertical lift and ended up unhappy with the results, then I got the vertical scar for nothing. So I figured i'd get the implants first, seeing as I'd only have the scars around my areolas and if I didn't like it then go back and get the vertical lift.

I've already had my surgery with the implants but now I'm questioning what I did. I want to hear from thos that just got a lift with no implants. If your pre-breast lift situation was the same as mine, that would be even better.

Were/are you happy with the results once all the swelling went down? Do you have any pics I can see?

I was only trying to get perky again and regain my upper pole. I got 240cc, mod profile and they look huge. I know I'm only 3 weeks out but I'm doubting my choice....please help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star24 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2010, 04:50 PM

WantBiggerTwins is on a distinguished road
That's a very good question and I am anxious to see what kind of responses you get.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:45 PM

Jocelyn72 is on a distinguished road
Hi!! I went with just a lift. Like you, 2 out of my 3 consults suggested implants. There was only one Dr. that said he didnt think I would really need it but he could do small at the top if I wanted. I opted not to have them but know that I have the option down the road.

So far I'm very happy with the results!! My fiance absolutely loves them. I measure a 36 C. However, I can easily turn into a D for clothes when I wear a bra with a slight push up.

Sometimes I wish I would have gotten them just to have that super upper pole fullness, but usually I'm really happy with them just as they are. And compared to before they are nothing short of a miracle lol!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jocelyn72 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2010, 07:04 PM

mayb38dd is on a distinguished road
I'm still pre-, looking for just a lift and no implants (at this point). You are welcome to check my "before" shots..no afters as of yet. But I wanted to write and send you some support...
Hang in there! Three weeks out is still pretty early. I really doubt you are able to see your final result, so you still may end up really liking what you decided on. There's always time to switch/take them out and go for a loli/anchor in the future. So I say give em some time to settle in and enjoy having a little more upper pole roundness while you've got it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mayb38dd For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 02:38 AM

mollyuk has a spectacular aura mollyuk has a spectacular aura
I had just a lift with no implants. My surgeon said I had enough breast tissue and didn't need implants. I wanted implants as well as the lift but took his advice. Bad decision. Both he and I were disappointed with the lift result. Once the swelling went down I had no upper pole fullness and the breasts appeared to sag again with loose skin. I lost 1 cup size with the lift. I had a breast augmentation free of charge 10 months later.

The only plus side to this was that the breasts had time to fully heal after the full anchor lift before the implant was put in.
The Following User Says Thank You to mollyuk For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2010, 10:42 AM

More venting than anything......we'll see what happens in the next few months

See that was my concern. I need upper pole fullness since most of my stretch marks on my boobs are on the upper pole and on top of that, my skin was indenting. I was scared that the lift wasn't going to take care of that part so I got scared. I wanted to be perky and full again, just not bigger.

Tomorrow I'll be 1 month post-op and my boobs still feel too big. My right seems bigger and lower than my left. I have my appointment on Thursday and I'm going to let my ps know that I'm not happy with what I'm seeing. He thought I was worrying too much when I kept telling him that I didn't want anything near a D cup and he told me there's no way with mods and 240s that I would end up that big.

Anyways I'm trying not to think of it too much, bc there's absolutely nothing I can do. I have no money or financing left to change anything. Even if he would extract and lift for free, I have no one to watch the kiddos so it's really a moot point. I sometimes just need to vent and wonder.....oh well. I guess in a couple of years, I can take them out if I want and more than likely by then, I'll be able to afford it.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:15 PM

plum beautiful is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mollyuk View Post
I had just a lift with no implants. My surgeon said I had enough breast tissue and didn't need implants. I wanted implants as well as the lift but took his advice. Bad decision. Both he and I were disappointed with the lift result. Once the swelling went down I had no upper pole fullness and the breasts appeared to sag again with loose skin. I lost 1 cup size with the lift. I had a breast augmentation free of charge 10 months later.

The only plus side to this was that the breasts had time to fully heal after the full anchor lift before the implant was put in.
This is almost my same story.

I had a full anchor lift. No implants. My PS said that he thought I had enough tissue to give me the upper fullness that I wanted. I went with his advise and just had the anchor lift.

I was a very saggy D before the lift. After the lift I was a C cup and I loved everything about them EXCEPT they had no fullness on top. Beautiful shape and size but no upper fullness.

I complained to PS everytime I went to see him.

After about a year I made the decision to get a small impant. I got 240CC filled to 250CC. That made all the differance in the world in how they look to me. I have cleavage now. I am now measuring a 36F. I never thought I would be that big. But I like them and am happy with my boobies!!

It is still early for you so just wait and see. I dont have any pictures posted yet because my laptop doesnt have a slot for my memory card to go in to. As soon as I get my desktop computer fixed I will post pictures.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:41 PM

StephanieM is on a distinguished road
I had a lift and no implants b/c the surgeon wouldn't do both together. At first, the additional perkiness was nice but I lost nearly two cup sizes and I had NOT asked for a reduction. After the swelling went down, I feel saggy again. I am now going back for implants. You'd probably have wanted them anyway and would have ended up paying more and having two recovery periods.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:44 AM

If I was for sure going to have upper pole fullness, I would not have minded the lost cup sizes. I actually liked the size I was at (small B) and wouldn't have minded if I went smaller but with the indenting at the upper pole, I needed to make sure that got filled out.