Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Like Tree2Likes

Saggy breasts 2 months after implants

Reply Subscribe
Old 06-23-2011, 07:54 AM

kimmarie is on a distinguished road
I was told that I am broderline also ,what would you do ?Lift or no lift ?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:26 AM

hazeligirl is on a distinguished road
I was the same, and I can still tell that I will need another lift in the future. but I am sooo glad that I did the lift, other PS told me that I was borderline, or that I can get away with it....but no way! I needed it for sure, and still think I need my nipples to be even higher!!!!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Kaz

Kaz will become famous soon enough
Personally I say do the lift if you are borderline because you will end up there anyway (especially since the weight of the implants will make them sag too).

Get more opinions though - I had 5 consults and all said I needed a lift.

It really isnt that bad or scary and the best part is perky boobs.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:59 PM

aztecprincesse is on a distinguished road
I am in exactly the same boat as you. I had implants almost 3 months ago and I have breast tissue falling off of the implant - and it was noticeable in the 1st month!! It's not a very sexy look. In a bra everything looks wonderful but naked ... yeeesh. Not nice.

I was also "borderline" before my BA but my PS didn't really prepare me well for this eventuality. It was kind of a surprise. In the defense of a PS - it's not an exact science. Tissue may not react properly etc... so a borderline case might not react the way the surgeon anticipates and poof - a lift is required. I am going for my lift on October 4th. This type of issue will not resolve itself over time...but you might want to wait a few months to heal properly and let everything settle.

My PS told me that her suggestion for "borderline" patients is to do the implants first and wait an see if a lift is necessary. It's a pain because you have 2 surgeries, but sometimes implants can correct a borderline case. So you could save yourself some scars and money. Or not! There are some cases that are evident from the get go...so a lift/implant treatment is recommended from the beginning. In my case she didn't really explain all that to me, which was her mistake. I think she was confident that I wasn't going to need a lift at all and I had consulted with another surgeon who also never mentioned a lift.

I TOTALLY understand your pain! All that planning and money and then you end up with saggy breasts that look weird. Then you find out it could have been avoided if the PS had done it all at once. It's infuriating. I shopped around for another PS...cried...the whole kit. I finally decided that my PS made an honest mistake...borderline patients like us are tough to read.

I am going in October only because it is the most convenient time for me. I play ball hockey in the summer and there is no way I am giving that up!! My PS offered to do it in July (my original surgery was the end of March) but I refuse to quit my leagues! Check with your PS to see when you can have the revision and then go as soon as you can after that. You can consult with other surgeons but I highly doubt you will get any other recommendations. Be sure your PS gives you a good discount too!!

Good luck!!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:06 PM

aztecprincesse is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kimmarie View Post
I was told that I am broderline also ,what would you do ?Lift or no lift ?
It's a gamble that you need to make an informed decision on. There is no "right" thing to do, only what is right for you. Your implants MAY do the trick and give you a lift without the actual lift. Then again, they MAY not...

Here are your choices:

1. Implants with no lift. The pros are that if you don't need a lift, you have saved the scars and money associated with them. It's also an easier and more precise process for the surgeon, which helps the outcome of the whole process!! The cons is that if you need a lift you will have a 2nd surgery with the costs. Make sure you know what your surgeon would charge for the 2nd surgery and if it would be a reasonable discount!

2. Implants with lift. Pros are that everything is done in 1 shot and so you can heal and move on. The cons are that you will get a lift whether you need one or not. The surgery is more complicated as well, so there is a higher risk of things not turning out properly. Some surgeons won't do both procedures at once because of this.

Hope this helps you weigh your options!!
Reply Subscribe