Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Breast Lifts

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Breast Lifts Please post your questions/comments about breast lifts in this forum.

Revision for just a lift AFTER IMPLANTS?

Old 07-05-2010, 11:24 AM

*Dolly* is on a distinguished road
Revision for just a lift AFTER IMPLANTS?

Has anyone went in for a breast lift after getting implants? I need a lift and plan on getting a revision to switch implants too. I'm considering doing the lift first and then in a few months switching my implants. Has anyone done this? Did your implants look better after? I don't know if I should swap my implants first and then get the lift in a few months or get my lift first. I want a donut lift w/ areola reduction. I'm planning on switching my 390cc saline to the range of 500-600cc HP Silicone. I want to do it in stages for monetary reasons. I'm thinking it would be smart to do the lift before I switch to my larger implants??? Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:39 PM

Jetison will become famous soon enough
have you already talked to your PS about this? I have been reading alot about mentors implants and it states specifically in their paperwork that they are "one time use devices" and once they come out, they are not to be put back in. I would think that includes taking them out to perform lift procedures. You can't really leave them in, b/c there is a risk of cutting the implant with a surgical tool. Just something to consider!!
Old 07-08-2010, 02:22 AM

rambo is on a distinguished road
I had my implants switched out and the lift at the same time. My PS actually doesn't charge as much for each procedure if it is done at the same time....(think it was a $1000 less than if they were done separately) plus I didn't have to pay for anesthesia twice (I paid for that separate from the procedures)....just something to ask/consider. Another option was he told me that I could have just the lift with the same implants if I wanted. Hope that helps
Old 07-11-2010, 07:47 PM
M&M

M&M is on a distinguished road
I also had just a lift w/o replacing my implants. The implants were NOT taken out during the lift. I will say that I'm not crazy about how they look now as far as the shape and all. The lift is nice, but now I think they look like pyramid boobies... :/

I also had multiple procedures done at once and my PS gives you a discount if you do this. PLUS like someone else said, you only pay for anesthesia once and facility fees once. AND you'll only have to heal once. If you can swing it, I'd have the BA and BL at the same time. Good luck to ya!
Old 07-11-2010, 08:11 PM

Wild Orchid is on a distinguished road
I had a BL/BA/TT all at one time. I am not happy with the results of my BA/BL, as I still have considerable sag. The PS should have done a full anchor lift instead of a lollipop lift, and he did not lift the nipple high enough. Then of course there is the fact that I hate how small they still were (in my mind).

I am now having a two stage revision with Dr. Pelletiere. August 16th I am upsizing to 800cc Silicone HP implants. 3-4 months following I will be returning for a more aggressive lift.

Dr. Chris could have done it at the same time or doing the stages with the lift first.

We discussed it, and both Dr. Chris and I both felt that the two stage method with implant exchange first was the best idea. Here was our reasoning:

There was a concern as to if the 800cc implants would cause any significant sag because of their weight and my skin quality. By putting the implants in first, and waiting for 3-4 months, we should be able to see if there is any significant impact on my skin because of the implants. This way it will be easier to judge just how aggressive we need to be, and if the usage of strattice/AloDerm would be indicated.

The other issue is that obviously implants need time to drop, though it seems to go quicker with 2nd/3rd/... revisions. Doing a lift and implants at the same time requires the PS to make an educated guess as to just how and where the implants will drop, this is so they can determine where to place your nipple and create your lift. By getting most of the drop (hopefully) out of the way, it will be easier for Dr. Chris to determine his actions.

Now, that is more than you asked, and it is not really directed at your question. Still, obviously lifts can be done after implants.

Though, I am curious if there is any changes between overs and unders. I know the concern someone mentioned about cutting into the implant might be reasonable with overs, but if the PS cut the implant (if it was an under) there would be a great deal more complications and things to worry about. Breast lifts only remove skin and some breast tissue, and do not effect muscles.

Susie B.