Just Breast Implants Forum

Just Breast Implants Forum (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/)
-   Breast Lifts (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/breast-lifts/)
-   -   My Post-op instructions referring to sports bra (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/breast-lifts/308039-my-post-op-instructions-referring-sports-bra/)

bamawife 08-27-2018 11:39 AM

My Post-op instructions referring to sports bra

My surgery is set for October 1. I was reading over my post op instructions and it says that Dr Hedden requires his BL patients to sleep in a sports bra for 6 months. I guess its a good thing that I normally sleep in one already!! Anyone else here sleep (or still do) in a sports bra for 6 months?

heymom3 08-27-2018 03:06 PM

With my first BA my surgeon had me bring 2 different zip-up sports bras in and he chose which one then I bought the large and a medium in them. The large I wore the first 4 months or maybe longer then eventually after swelling was gone and d/f happened I went down to the medium size. I slept in it for a long time. Probably around the 6-8 month mark I started sleeping in other bras. I usually sleep in a bra of some sort whether a sexy underwire, bralette, sports, etc. depending on my mood and how much attention I want from hubby ;-)

My revision surgeon did not want me in a tight sports bra because he did quite a bit of work so he gave me a bra to use. When I went back at 2 months he gave me another bra. I slept in those until the swelling went down enough that I could fit into my old bras.

bamawife 08-27-2018 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by heymom3 (Post 2949858)
With my first BA my surgeon had me bring 2 different zip-up sports bras in and he chose which one then I bought the large and a medium in them. The large I wore the first 4 months or maybe longer then eventually after swelling was gone and d/f happened I went down to the medium size. I slept in it for a long time. Probably around the 6-8 month mark I started sleeping in other bras. I usually sleep in a bra of some sort whether a sexy underwire, bralette, sports, etc. depending on my mood and how much attention I want from hubby ;-)

My revision surgeon did not want me in a tight sports bra because he did quite a bit of work so he gave me a bra to use. When I went back at 2 months he gave me another bra. I slept in those until the swelling went down enough that I could fit into my old bras.

Thank you for your reply. For a few years now I have slept in a sports bra by choice. I have purchased the sports bras recommended by Dr Hedden and also purchased a couple of others in the event that I get tired of wearing the same 2!! At the 2 week mark, I think, I will be cleared to wear a supportive bra during the day if I want to but will have to switch back to one of the sports bras at night. If I want attention from my hubby I just lay my boobies up against him!! lol I cannot wait to have my new lifted, firm, perky one's to put up against him!!!!!!