Just Breast Implants Forum

Just Breast Implants Forum (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/)
-   Breast Lifts (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/breast-lifts/)
-   -   Sick of wearing this bra 24-7 (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/breast-lifts/308602-sick-wearing-bra-24-7-a/)

Fitfunmom 11-25-2018 08:31 PM

Sick of wearing this bra 24-7

Hey yíall. I am 2 weeks post-op from my breast lift and 350 CC mentor implants. The first 5 days was miserable for me and I was completely unprepared for the level of pain I experienced. I have a high pain tolerance and seriously felt better after having both of my kids and a labiaplasty.
Anyhow, I am starting to feel a *little* more normal but I am SO sick of wearing this snap front bra 24/7. I feel so itchy and I canít wait to burn this thing. How long until your surgeons gave you permission to wear a different bra or periods of time with no bar at all?

ANewPair 11-26-2018 12:41 AM

My PS said I could wear any comfortable unwired bra at 3 weeks. Call your PS and ask if you can switch to a more comfortable unwired bra due to discomfort. Those post op bras can be truly miserable. Congrats on your BA/BL and welcome to the other side. It really does get better. Hang in there!

KayKay1206 11-26-2018 08:23 AM

at 2 weeks, i was cleared out of my postOP bra for any bra i wanted or no bra at all.

call/email your PS on further instructions

Lennev 11-26-2018 01:14 PM

I was cleared to switch to a more comfortable bra at 2 weeks post op. Check with your surgeon but you should totally be able to go to something more comfortable.

I was given a tip from a friend to try the As Seen On TV Bamboo Bra post BA. I was skeptical because I never buy that hyped up ASOTV crap. But Iíll tell you what, that is the perfect recovery bra! Itís front closure much like the post surgery bra they give you, but itís so soft, breathable, incredibly comfortable, stretchy/flexible yet still supportive, and it looks much smoother under clothing. No uni-boob look. It is the most comfortable bra ever. I actually bought a second one and use these instead of sports bra now when I exercise and wear one in place of a regular bra when Iím at home lounging around or whatever.

I donít know why they donít use these as post op bras. Theyíre perfect for it!

Fitfunmom 11-26-2018 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by ANewPair (Post 2953764)
My PS said I could wear any comfortable unwired bra at 3 weeks. Call your PS and ask if you can switch to a more comfortable unwired bra due to discomfort. Those post op bras can be truly miserable. Congrats on your BA/BL and welcome to the other side. It really does get better. Hang in there!

Awe! Thanks girl!!! I am looking forward to it getting better and for loving these results. I am already starting to. Quick question.... my boobs seem really big (here at 2 weeks post). I am sure they are still swollen, but they are bigger than I expected. Did your go down in size after a while?

Fitfunmom 11-26-2018 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lennev (Post 2953777)
I was cleared to switch to a more comfortable bra at 2 weeks post op. Check with your surgeon but you should totally be able to go to something more comfortable.

I was given a tip from a friend to try the As Seen On TV Bamboo Bra post BA. I was skeptical because I never buy that hyped up ASOTV crap. But Iíll tell you what, that is the perfect recovery bra! Itís front closure much like the post surgery bra they give you, but itís so soft, breathable, incredibly comfortable, stretchy/flexible yet still supportive, and it looks much smoother under clothing. No uni-boob look. It is the most comfortable bra ever. I actually bought a second one and use these instead of sports bra now when I exercise and wear one in place of a regular bra when Iím at home lounging around or whatever.

I donít know why they donít use these as post op bras. Theyíre perfect for it!

Thank you!!! Googling it now!

NJGal 11-26-2018 08:23 PM

Congrats on your BA! I also hated wearing the surgical bra. It itched and chafed all over. Finally I put on a menís ribbed tank top and the bra over it, so nothing was touching my skin, and that helped a lot. I wore the bra like this 24/7 for several weeks, until my PS had me switch to a different bra. I also found that my skin was unusually sensitive for a few months after my BA. Now itís pretty much back to normal. Good luck!!

ANewPair 11-28-2018 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Fitfunmom (Post 2953778)
Awe! Thanks girl!!! I am looking forward to it getting better and for loving these results. I am already starting to. Quick question.... my boobs seem really big (here at 2 weeks post). I am sure they are still swollen, but they are bigger than I expected. Did your go down in size after a while?

I am so happy to hear that you are loving your new breasts!!! For a woman with a first time BA, it's very common to feel like one's breasts are very large. You still have a lot of swelling as well as the psychological adjustment of having "new additions". This takes time to adjust to, but give yourself time and pretty soon you will feel like they have always belonged to you. You can expect many positive changes over the next 3-6 months. Final results may take as long as 12 months for some. Again, welcome to the other side!! :) :)

EyeWantBoobies 11-29-2018 03:57 PM

I have major skin sensitivity so the only thing that saved me was wearing a silk camisole under my bra and I sprayed Biofreeze on my back regularly to dull the burning.

bamawife 12-03-2018 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Fitfunmom (Post 2953762)
Hey yíall. I am 2 weeks post-op from my breast lift and 350 CC mentor implants. The first 5 days was miserable for me and I was completely unprepared for the level of pain I experienced. I have a high pain tolerance and seriously felt better after having both of my kids and a labiaplasty.
Anyhow, I am starting to feel a *little* more normal but I am SO sick of wearing this snap front bra 24/7. I feel so itchy and I canít wait to burn this thing. How long until your surgeons gave you permission to wear a different bra or periods of time with no bar at all?

I totally understand. Those of us that had a lift with augmentation experience a different type of recovery than BA only surgery. I still wear a sports bra daily. Depending on what I wear to work, I might wear an underwire bra or a sports bra. I will do whatever it takes to protect my expensive investments!!! After bathing/showering, I might go braless for about 30 minutes or so but that is it. Dr Hedden warned me that if I went braless for lengths of time that I would need surgery again due to gravity. I bought different types of sports bras at around my 3rd week post op. At times the front zip sports bras still cause me to itch if I am not careful. I am 51 years old and do not want to go through another lift!!!!!! Like you, I also had 2 c- sections. The pain from my BL/BA was completely and totally understated. 18 years ago I had a tummy tuck and that recovery was a total cake walk compared to this. I hope that this week finds you feeling better. Good luck and hang in there!