Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Facial Plastic Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Facial Plastic Surgery This forum covers all major facial plastic surgery such as face lifts, brow lifts, neck lifts, etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Bongodrums

Jaw Augmentation vs Chin Implant

Old 11-06-2014, 08:22 PM

CA Peach is on a distinguished road
Jaw Augmentation vs Chin Implant

I always wanted to have kind of model face with more clear jaw contours, so I can go either with chin implant or "real" jaw enlargement. Has anyone here undergone this jaw augmentation surgery without an implant?
Old 02-22-2015, 10:55 PM

CA Peach is on a distinguished road
Any experience anyone?
Old 02-23-2015, 05:36 AM

NovemberBlue will become famous soon enough
I have a chin implant. I was never given the option of having a sliding genioplasty, but its not something I would have considered because it's a lot more serious of a surgery since the bones are being broken. For the chin implant the surgery took about 20 minutes and the recovery was pretty easy. I think it depends on the severity of the case and If you have jaw issues.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:12 PM

Wowsers123 is on a distinguished road
I have a silicone chin implant and it is very subtle looking. It gave my face a well balance.

I'm not familiar with the other technique
Old 03-12-2017, 07:52 AM

Bongodrums will become famous soon enough Bongodrums will become famous soon enough
Honestly, a chin implant would have the opposite effect on your face that a jaw augmentation would. A chin implant would make your face appear longer and thinner, whereas a jaw augmentation would make your face appear shorter and wider. IMO, you should consider what your ultimate facial goals are, in specific terms, instead of the ambiguous goal of looking "more like a model" (models might have defined contours generally speaking, but they still come in a wide variety of facial shapes, if that makes sense.)

BooBitties and Linaki like this.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:00 PM

Mythological will become famous soon enough
A little late to the party, but I have had jaw augmentation without an implant, I had my lower jaw moved forward to correct an overbite, as well as a bony genioplasty where they moved the chin bone forward- I'm very happy with the look and choice.
Chin implants are a good option if you need minimal projection, my maxillofacial surgeon said anything more than 4mm they recommend a boney genioplasty (or full on orthognathic surgery if the jaws are over/under developed) because it looks more natural.
While the procedure is more invasive than an implant, it offers long term results without a need for implant replacement and implant complications (shifting, bone erosion, rejection etc) but boney genioplasties aren't without complications either, although they're rare (numbness/infection/asymmetry) if you're interested in boney rather than an implant, be sure to visit a mixillofacial surgeon since they specialize in skeletal augmentation/reconstruction of the face.
Boney genioplasty also has the advantage of vertical and horizontal augmentation, while implants have limited ability based on your current anatomy.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE