Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Facial Plastic Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Facial Plastic Surgery This forum covers all major facial plastic surgery such as face lifts, brow lifts, neck lifts, etc.

Like Tree25Likes

Rhino costs? Quote seemed $$$

Reply Subscribe
Old 12-23-2014, 09:04 PM

fromb2c is on a distinguished road
Rhino costs? Quote seemed $$$

Hi Ladies,

I went in for a quote from my PS for rhino. My nose would have to be broken and whatever the name is for the procedure to splint it open with a piece of bone- that too.

The quote I received seemed pretty high. It sound like a rough surgery

REALLY want to breathe though!

Please post what you paid and if you had to have your nose broken (I think that adds to it).

Thank you!

nosejobsurgeon likes this.
Old 12-24-2014, 04:06 AM

HotMagenta will become famous soon enough HotMagenta will become famous soon enough
Yeah rhino is expensive. I would say anywhere from 8-12k on average depending on where you live/who you go to and of course what you need fixed.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-24-2014, 04:08 AM

Tifa is on a distinguished road
If it's impeding your breathing, do you think insurance might cover it/part of it? I mean, if it's inhibiting your ability to breathe properly, that goes beyond cosmetic!

Not entirely sure how it all works, but I would hope they would be willing to work with you in such a scenario, at least. Good luck, I want a rhino, too, but they are suuuper expensive. D: Someday...

Tifa's plastic surgeon is Don R. Revis, Jr., M.D, F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-26-2014, 12:13 PM

OntarioTwins will become famous soon enough OntarioTwins will become famous soon enough
I had closed rhino with bones broken - dorsal hump removal and tip refinement, with septoplasty. The septoplasty (correction of deviated septum) is what helps you breathe. For me, that portion (the septoplasty) was covered by Canadian government health insurance. My surgery was about a decade ago so my pricing wouldn't be of much use for comparing now, but it was about $4500 and the septoplasty that I didn't have to pay for was worth about $1500.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:44 PM

Thank you so much Ontario. It's almost double what you paid for me The insurance will pay for the septoplasty (if that's the same, not sure) but my part is still $$$$$$$

silky and nosejobsurgeon like this.
Old 12-27-2014, 05:51 PM

Thanks Tifa. Even w/what insurance is paying, it's pretty $$$$. Apparently they will not pay for the cosmetic part of the procedure which is what will cost so much. I know the ps doesn't deal w/insurance so IDK how they do the quotes. Seems like anesthesia, the OR fees, medicine fees, etc should all be covered. I didn't want to make an issue of it since I didn't expect it to be so high. I just left feeling disappointed. I broke my nose a long time ago and it never healed properly. I've tried all kinds of things to make it better w/o surgery. Wish I had done it w/my BA but I didn't even consider it at the time.

Anyway, Happy New Year.

Old 12-27-2014, 05:54 PM

Thank you Magenta

Originally Posted by HotMagenta View Post
Yeah rhino is expensive. I would say anywhere from 8-12k on average depending on where you live/who you go to and of course what you need fixed.
That helps. I had no idea what range to expect. It really is an expensive surgery. I need to work myself up to it. Very much want to breathe more easily and want it to look better, now worse when it's fixed

Old 01-06-2015, 01:03 PM

Am08 will become famous soon enough
Mine was just over $8K. And yes he narrowed the bridge of my nose so he broke the bone and shortened the tip. It was a closed surgery (compared to the open rhino) and believe it or not, just local anesthetic.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:08 PM

Hi Am08, had no idea they could just do a local. I don't think my ps would even consider it

I guess that's about the ballpark for cost then. Thank you for replying. All the best this year.

Am08 and nosejobsurgeon like this.
Old 01-17-2015, 06:04 PM
Searching for a Revision Dr

Location: Paradise City, where the grass is green & we talk about teetays
SeekAndDestroy will become famous soon enough
Roughly 8-12K sounds about right with a good well known rhino surgeon. Revision is double the price of that and has more trauma, so make sure you go lots of consultations with well known facial only PS. Revision ain't cheap. Good luck!

Old 01-17-2015, 06:23 PM

Am08 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by fromb2c View Post
Hi Am08, had no idea they could just do a local. I don't think my ps would even consider it

I guess that's about the ballpark for cost then. Thank you for replying. All the best this year.
I know! I originally thought it was crazy, but it worked out well! I was on a cocktail of drugs though, but I think that also keeps the costs down for you. My PS ONLY does local for Rhino! I was conscious for the surgery but kind of falling in and out of sleep. But I remember the chisel when he broke my nose!
Old 04-22-2015, 09:12 PM

Sarela is on a distinguished road
My girl got a lipo in Colombia and manage to get her nose done for an additional 400$ for her nose and tip refinement....and yes they broke her nose.

QUOTE=fromb2c;2729165]Hi Ladies,

I went in for a quote from my PS for rhino. My nose would have to be broken and whatever the name is for the procedure to splint it open with a piece of bone- that too.

Please post what you paid and if you had to have your nose broken (I think that adds to it).

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Old 04-22-2015, 10:33 PM

beeshive415 will become famous soon enough beeshive415 will become famous soon enough
I had a septoplasty in 2008 and insurance covered all of it. He also did minor cosmetic work. If you truly have any issue that restricts your quality of living, insurance usually covers at least something. My surgeon was a ENT as well as a board certified plastic surgeon, so it was an easy pass through insurance.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:46 AM

GreenEyeGirl05 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by fromb2c View Post
Hi Ladies,

Thank you!
Hello! I had open rhinoplasty where the PS had to break my nose which removed a hump in my nose. Mine cost about $5000. I got it done at the same time as my BA which was a little over a year ago. Good luck to you!

Old 09-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Working as an LVN and in School Pursuing my RN

breastbeauty will become famous soon enough
I had nasal bones broken and hump removed as well as grafts. Mine was somewhere around 10k.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:08 PM

Fluffybun is on a distinguished road
BA plus Rhino, plus chin implant cost 10k, ($15k)

Old 12-02-2015, 04:32 PM

VoluptuousVixen is on a distinguished road
Hey @Am08 can I ask who your surgeon was for your rhinoplasty? I am currently looking for a surgeon to do my nose (narrow bridge and shorten/reshape the tip) and I've had one consult already and wasn't thrilled, but I would LOVE to find a surgeon who does just local instead of putting you under because I had a really bad reaction to the anesthesia when I had my BA done. I'm in Ontario but I'm willing to travel, my top pick right now is in LA but that would be really pricey so hoping to stay in Canada.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:42 PM

VoluptuousVixen is on a distinguished road
Oh and my quote for the consult I went to for open rhinoplasty with nose broken to narrow bridge and shorten nose was almost $8000, and I don't even know if that includes tax :S

Old 01-23-2016, 12:50 PM
This is not your practice life, this is all there is.

millard is on a distinguished road
I just had Rhino and a CO2 laser treatment yesterday - total price was $6800

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-23-2016, 12:54 PM
5'1" & 125lbs

BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold BC A2C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by VoluptuousVixen View Post
Oh and my quote for the consult I went to for open rhinoplasty with nose broken to narrow bridge and shorten nose was almost $8000, and I don't even know if that includes tax :S
That seems pretty standard for Canada. I paid $7400 I believe in BC, but my PS also gave me a bit of a discount because he'd done my BA as well. From what I remember he charged me for closed rhino, but did a full rhino instead (lots of bone and cartilage work).

Reply Subscribe