Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Facial Plastic Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Facial Plastic Surgery This forum covers all major facial plastic surgery such as face lifts, brow lifts, neck lifts, etc.

Profractional Laser Treatement - Safe?

Old 11-03-2015, 09:30 PM

PawPrintz is on a distinguished road
Profractional Laser Treatement - Safe?

Just wondering if this is safe to do? I'm more worried about this than I was with my implants. I'm doing some treatment at a dermatologist office in a few weeks. It is running about $2,500 for my overall face and for him to focus under my eyes. I have mild acne scars. People say they are not bad but I'd like them removed.

Has anyone done this, is this safe? This cannot ruin my face or scar me????
Old 11-03-2015, 09:52 PM

hockeymom29 will become famous soon enough
I had it done three times and truthfully see no difference. I did not like the down time. You have to cake on Aquafor for the first two weeks. So your face is greasy and if your like me with long hair you'll find it stuck to your face all day and night. Its actually painful for the first three hours like the worse sun burn you ever had. While they are doing the treatment they give you this gun type thing that sprays cool mist. Use it. You will find its not even enough, as your skin feels on fire. I also had swelling, but I always swell and bruise with any type of treatment.

After a week or two the peeling starts and your skin is super sensitive, use SUN SCREEN FOR AT LEAST FOUR MONTHS. I thought I was okay three months later and got burned real bad and ended up with brown spots all over my chin and nose. Those had to be zapped off.

Like I said I did not like the down time. I deal with some many customers in person I felt uncomfortable not having "my face" on. I paid 650.00 for three treatment through my PS.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:02 AM

Bongodrums will become famous soon enough Bongodrums will become famous soon enough
I've never heard of this technique... Unless of course, it's another term for "Fraxel"? (Fraxel, btw, has endless horrifying reviews on real self).
Old 09-05-2016, 07:31 AM

DisneyPrincess is on a distinguished road
I had simply the worst experience from Profractional laser. I have white grid lines on my face from it that will never go away. What a waste of time, money and ugly post-laser facial trauma.
The solution to my melasma was actually triple chemical peels instead of lasers (and believe me, I've tried them all).

Save your money...and your beautiful face. Run away from this procedure(s).
The Following User Says Thank You to DisneyPrincess For This Useful Post: