Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Facial Plastic Surgery

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Facial Plastic Surgery This forum covers all major facial plastic surgery such as face lifts, brow lifts, neck lifts, etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Asdfghjkl1
  • 1 Post By PorcelainPeach

Calling all Rhino Ladies: How soon will I be "presentable?"

Old 08-02-2016, 04:35 AM

PorcelainPeach will become famous soon enough
Calling all Rhino Ladies: How soon will I be "presentable?"

I've read most ladies have a splint on the first full week. At what point did you feel up to going out in public? Ha! I imagine there is still swelling and bruising, but when was it insignifcant enough that you could put on make up and venture out into the world without feeling like everyone was staring?

Trying to determine how much time I should take off from work. Is a week sufficient?

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PorcelainPeach For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2016, 11:06 PM

Asdfghjkl1 can't get any worse
I was told to take 2 weeks off work, by then most bruising can be hidden with makeup and swelling not too noticeable by a random, even though your nose will still be super piggy/swollen. My ENT/PS warned me that the first month is your ugly month lol I have mine in just over a month 🙃 I AM SO NERVOUS

Bongodrums likes this.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:02 PM

Wowsers123 is on a distinguished road
I was out and about right after the packing was removed. That was a few days later. I was not bruised. I just wore the bandages and small cast around my nose for protection.
Old 03-11-2017, 12:23 PM

Gigs is on a distinguished road
Honestly, it just depends on what they have to do to your nose. I was bruised under both eyes and also down by jowls. Didn't even know I had jowls until they were bruised and puffy. I never had a splint. Was out and about comfortably by day 5 and just admitted that I had work done to my nose so people would stop wondering about what happened. BTW, I ate pineapple every day, took arnica, and used the arnica gel on my bruises.

Bruising wasn't completely gone until about 30 days It was a bummer. I had no idea it would last that long. It's hard to cover with makeup because of the variance in colors; actually looked worse with makeup. Every body is different.

July will be 1 year for me and I think all the swelling has gone down now. Won't know until I go back for my 1 year follow-up.

I love my new nose though and it was totally worth it!

Wishing you the very best and no bruising!
Old 03-12-2017, 08:11 AM

PorcelainPeach will become famous soon enough
Thanks gigs, I actually had the rhino a few weeks ago. At 10 days post op my bruises are almost entirely gone.

Gigs likes this.