Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Like Tree11Likes

Ladies with areola incision--how was scarring?

Reply Subscribe
Old 12-07-2010, 07:33 PM

UNC Girl is on a distinguished road
Ladies with areola incision--how was scarring?

I have my pre-op on Thursday and procedure next Friday so I'm starting to freak out. My doc mentioned areola incision during my consult. But I have really nice nipples (lol) and I don't want scars, even little ones. How noticeable is the scar? The pictures he showed me look great, but I'm also assuming that he picks the best examples, ya know? What do you think??
Old 12-07-2010, 07:38 PM
♥♡~Live Beautifully~♡♥

Shyloh is a jewel in the rough Shyloh is a jewel in the rough Shyloh is a jewel in the rough Shyloh is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by UNC Girl View Post
I have my pre-op on Thursday and procedure next Friday so I'm starting to freak out. My doc mentioned areola incision during my consult. But I have really nice nipples (lol) and I don't want scars, even little ones. How noticeable is the scar? The pictures he showed me look great, but I'm also assuming that he picks the best examples, ya know? What do you think??
I've had both the crease and areola incision. I prefer the areola,because I can barely notice the scar at 6 months post op.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-07-2010, 07:44 PM

frisky:-) is on a distinguished road
I think the scarring depends on two things. 1. how well your surgeon makes and closes the incision and 2. how your body tends to scar.

I tend to scar pretty heavily, and my areola was no different, the incision took a few years to fade from obvious to "less noticeable". Although even now I would never be one of the PS photo examples, as I've noticed my scars are much more noticeable than the ones in the pics my PS showed me when giving examples during the consultation.

Way to use your head and do some homework rather than expect your outcome to be just like the ones presented to you in the pics.
Consider how your body usually scars, read up on ways you can treat the scar tissue to lessen the visual impact, and weigh it all out.

Good thinkin' and best of luck to you!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:52 PM

runnertrimomof3 is on a distinguished road
I think it's amazing!!! I had aereola incisions and am only about 5 weeks post-op and you can not even tell (honestly) that I had anything done. My incisions don't show at all. They were well hidden by 2-2.5 weeks post-op and I could not believe my eyes. Now, keep in mind that my aereolas were very dark to begin with. I have no lumpiness around the incision or anything like that either. I use Bio Oil on mine twice a day but I honestly don't know if that really helps or not. I showed them to my friends this weekend and they were in shock at how great they look already. I was expecting so much worse!!! Good luck! I think you'll be glad you went with this type of incision.

MissScottsdale likes this.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:37 PM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
I chose areola incision. Only after MUCH thought. I just like you LOVED my areolas before my BA and did not want to touch them and ruin something that was actually good! However, I also didnt want any other visible scarring and after weighing the pros and cons, the areola was the best option for me.
And I am happy with my choice, my incisions look amazing and I seriously could not be happier.
Once I was cleared by my surgeon, I started massaging my breasts and incision with BIO oil. So not only do they look great, they feel it too. There is no visible sign/feel of scar tissue. Speak to your surgeon weigh out YOUR pros and cons and go with it!

Goodluck with your decision making!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 PM

hellojello is on a distinguished road
I have dark nipples so they don't show lol.

hellojello's plastic surgeon is David Kim, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-08-2010, 07:57 PM

Thanks for your replies! It definitely makes me feel better to hear positive experiences. I still can't quite figure out how the doc will squeeze a silicone implant through my nipple but I suppose that's another question for tomorrow's pre-op/sizing appointment!

nikky78 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to UNC Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2010, 08:11 PM

lily jade is on a distinguished road
I have always wondered about how they fit it in too. Do you mind sharing after you have spoken to your PS? My guy said that it would depnd on the size I want to put in their. I want 350cc but not sure if that is too big?? hmmmmm

Cheers Mel
Old 12-08-2010, 08:18 PM

mgreen2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by UNC Girl View Post
Thanks for your replies! It definitely makes me feel better to hear positive experiences. I still can't quite figure out how the doc will squeeze a silicone implant through my nipple but I suppose that's another question for tomorrow's pre-op/sizing appointment!
since they cut a semi circle around the bottom half usually, it's like the hole is about as big as your entire areola.. and i dunno about you, but mine was big enough, lol. what shocks me is that the skin doesn't rip when they do it (gasp!) but I guess skin has a lot of elasticity.

nikky78 likes this.

mgreen2's plastic surgeon is Christopher Pelletiere, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-08-2010, 08:35 PM

jsgirl4 will become famous soon enough jsgirl4 will become famous soon enough
I LOVE my areola incision! It was so scary looking at first, but once it healed and I treated it with BioOil I have nearly invisible scars. If no one knew I had a BA and just happend to look at my boobs they would not notice the scar at all.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Its true what they say... Bigger IS Better ;)

**Babs** has a spectacular aura **Babs** has a spectacular aura **Babs** has a spectacular aura
i had the crescent lift, and my ps put my implant though the same incision, today i got to take the strips off and my incisions already look really good i can tell that once all the scabs are gone they are going to be almost invisible once they heal! i am really happy i have this incision. if your PS prefers that incision then he's probably very good at it, i would trust him. As long as your take care of it and follow his instructions you should heal just like his pics, unless you normally get bad scars then maybe ask for a different incision sight.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-08-2010, 08:55 PM

Lorelei Lee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mgreen2 View Post
since they cut a semi circle around the bottom half usually, it's like the hole is about as big as your entire areola.. and i dunno about you, but mine was big enough, lol. what shocks me is that the skin doesn't rip when they do it (gasp!) but I guess skin has a lot of elasticity.
Yea, i was thinking the same thing (how is my itty bitty breasts not going to tear open?) ...but I sure don't want crease
Old 12-08-2010, 09:15 PM

bbygrl is on a distinguished road
i have a circumaereolar incisions (meaning around my entire aereola) and i am so surprised how quickly they're healing and becoming less noticeable every day! I just had surgery two weeks ago. And i can't imagine them fading as quickly if i had gotten the incisions anywhere else especially in the crease. But everyone is different. Hope this helps! Also i agree with what the other lady said, ur plastic surgeon will probably recomend whatever he's best at. Great Advice!!

bbygrl's plastic surgeon is David Kim, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 PM

swtns0ur is on a distinguished road
haven't got my surgery yet but my dr, david kim prefers areola over other areas when it comes to scarring and patients concerns since the scarring blends in with your nipple area.
another thing he mentioned that may help others who read this is that my dr. says that asians are more prone to scarring and may take a long time to fade than caucasians so areola is a better choice. I believe him. I'm asian and when i scar, they don't fade for a LONG time!

swtns0ur's plastic surgeon is David Kim, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-10-2010, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by lily jade View Post
I have always wondered about how they fit it in too. Do you mind sharing after you have spoken to your PS? My guy said that it would depnd on the size I want to put in their. I want 350cc but not sure if that is too big?? hmmmmm

Cheers Mel
My PS said the skin had a lot of elasticity to accommodate the implant. Still marginally freaked out at the concept but overall feeling very good about the incision choice.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:32 AM

Ebnrjn2152 is on a distinguished road
I was gonna get the crease incision and the doc said to go with the areola incision. I am so glad i listened to him, i think they turned out great. I tend to get keloid scars which are very hard raised up and look horrible. But my scars are fabulous!!!

sofia- and Dare2Compare like this.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:06 PM

j2508 is on a distinguished road
My crease incisions turned into keloid/tryphoid scars. I read that women that tan easily or are darker complected, are more proned to those types of scars. Right now I am trying keletone on them, its a gel that I put on twice a day to soften and try to reduce the appearance of them. I dont believe I had very good sutures in after surgery and thats why one is worse than the other, you cant see them though since their under my boob, thank goodness.

After learning about the different skin types and I am half Korean as well, I've heard more prone to worse scaring...i am glad I didnt go with areola incision for myself. Good luck.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:09 PM

550ccmomof4 will become famous soon enough 550ccmomof4 will become famous soon enough
I've had nip incision twice(3X on right boob!) and scarring is so minimal..my first set after a few years there was nothing..this set is newer but still minimal.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:08 AM

lalav is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by hellojello View Post
I have dark nipples so they don't show lol.
hi Im looking into having my BA with Dr. Kim as well. Areola incision too. Im aiming for March 11 depending on my financing. How was your recovery? day of surgery? Where you in a lot of pain right after surgery?

lalav's plastic surgeon is David Kim, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 02-04-2011, 10:50 AM

Boobies1 is on a distinguished road
I had my surgery yesterday, and since I live in a different state i only had the pre-op the day before. I knew that I wanted the areolar incision, but I read on here that a few doctors told girls that their areolas are too small for that incision. That got me worried because I also have small areolas. But when I met my DR, he told me it was not a problem.
Since I only had my surgery yesterday, I still have not seen my incision, but I am only one day post-op and I can touch the area where the incision is and have NO discomfort. That makes me very happy. I think that if I was to have the crease incision, my breasts would rub on it and make it very painful. But that's just my opinion. I think that the areola is a better choice!
Good Luck!

sofia- likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Boobies1 For This Useful Post:
Reply Subscribe