Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum > General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #1

32AAgyrl is on a distinguished road

Fake boobs don't float

Thanks to this spike tv show called manswers...I found out some interesting info on implants....

if u take two women...one with fake breast and the other with real breast and put them into a pool...the woman with the fake breast will sink and the other with real breast will float...the reason behind this is because the breast are made 90% fat and the fat will float (thanks to dr. motykie on this episode)..the silicone or saline implants are more dense! so girls...be careful in the pools next summer...someone may find out without u telling them!

here is the link

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2905961

or just type in spike tv manswers in your browser search
Old 11-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #2

FlatGirl21 is on a distinguished road
Hey, O/T but I haven't seen you around much recently, how's things? it's been 2 months since your Ba already wow. I remember your preop avatar cos that's how I look still!! What size do you think you will end up??
FlatGirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:08 PM   #3

32AAgyrl is on a distinguished road
hey!...i'm in a 34B as of now..i've been on here...just been snooping and not posting!...lol...i'm actually posting some pics right now on my yahoo group page..got lazy
Old 11-20-2007, 03:11 PM   #4

FlatGirl21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32AAgyrl View Post
hey!...i'm in a 34B as of now..i've been on here...just been snooping and not posting!...lol...i'm actually posting some pics right now on my yahoo group page..got lazy
Thanks! If you don't mind I'd love to join your group could you PM me the link? I'm aiming for that size (34B=32C). I'll then PM you my group link(no post op pics yet obviously!!)
FlatGirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:05 PM   #5

sillyp is on a distinguished road
LOL that's funny. I had to tell my hubby because we were talking about that the other day.
sillyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #6

ChangedMyName is on a distinguished road
I thought that the opposite was true.. I thought implants floated in water and that's how you know the girl has fake boobs. is that just an urban legend?
ChangedMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 07:29 PM   #7

workoutgirl is on a distinguished road
i saw that!!!! funny!

workoutgirl's plastic surgeon is William Hedden, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-20-2007, 07:31 PM   #8
Lin

Lin is on a distinguished road
Sorry, thought that was so fake. You'll float if your lungs are filled with air you'll sink if they aren't, whether your natural or have implants. Sorry, it's not your boobs that keep you up it is your lung capacity.

Lin
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:53 PM   #9

blueayes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32AAgyrl View Post
if u take two women...one with fake breast and the other with real breast and put them into a pool...the woman with the fake breast will sink and the other with real breast will float...the reason behind this is because the breast are made 90% fat and the fat will float (thanks to dr. motykie on this episode)..the silicone or saline implants are more dense! so girls...be careful in the pools next summer...someone may find out without u telling them!
This may be true....but for me right now, 90% of nothing is nothing! LOL Not sure what's keeping me up!
blueayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:37 AM   #10
Lin

Lin is on a distinguished road
Good One Blue!!!

Lin
Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:48 AM   #11

tiffany has a spectacular auratiffany has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lin View Post
Sorry, thought that was so fake. You'll float if your lungs are filled with air you'll sink if they aren't, whether your natural or have implants. Sorry, it's not your boobs that keep you up it is your lung capacity.

Lin
Skinny people need to fill their lungs with air in order to float. Fat people don't need to.
tiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:51 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
you know what? I have silicone implants here. I am going to drop them in water and see if they float.

Result: Silicone is Buoyant!

The density of silicone is greater than the density of water, so it should sink. Hmm... must have something to do with the shape of the implant.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I don't know, it's viscosity might be greater but it isn't as dense or heavy. It's weight must be less than water. (less than an equal volume of water)

I know saline implants, for instance, are heavier than silicone. water density and weight goes up with salinity and apparently it's enough to top the weight of silicone, even if silicone gel is "thicker".
it also takes more "cc" of silicone to get to size than saline. They're heavier than a comparable volume silicone gel implant. I know silicone is usually measured in grams instead of cc's as well and I bet there's a correlation there somewhere.

<shrug>

IIRC fat weighs less than all of the above, BTW - (it's about 900g per litre) and water is about 1kg per litre... Silicone weighs slightly less than that in equal volume.
I'm confused. According to the size info section of this website, silicone is denser than water, and the same cc's of silicone are heavier than saline. I know they are both denser than fat.

I'm also confused by your statement that it takes more "cc" of silicone to get to size than saline. Volume is volume, so that doesn't make sense. Silicone is only measured in grams when it is a solid form (the gummies). When it's gel, it's a liquid and measured in cc's. If you're saying that you need more than 300 grams of silicone to equal 300cc's of saline, then that means silicone is MORE dense than saline and therefore 1 gram silicone < 1 cc. Therefore it should sink in water.

If silicone floats, and it's LESS dense than saline, then a 300g silicone implant would take up a LARGER volume than a 300cc implant. Right? Something isn't adding up.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:36 AM   #14

That's interesting Blue, because I've always seen the weight & density of silicone listed as greater than saline, which would explain why you might need 320 grams of silicone to create 300 cc's of volume. I'd be interested in seeing the source you have for that.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:10 AM   #15

Sonny is on a distinguished road
HUH? who cares we have B ( . ) ( . ) BIES!!!!!!!! I really don't care if mine float or sink as long as I got em!!!

Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:48 PM   #16

ChangedMyName is on a distinguished road
i thought that video was kind of weird. i have no boobies and hardly any fat but when i lay on my back in the pool and take a deep breath, i certainly float without paddling. are they saying that i can't do this after i have implants?

i think that a BODY can float, if you take a deep breath, regardless of whether you have implants or not

as for an individual implant/boob floating or being buoyant though, i definitely believe silicone floats. i have a silicone gel bra insert (cutlet or whatever it's called) and just put that in the sink and it floated like the other implant that was posted on here. and the cutlet is probably denser and heavier than a silicone implant, because it's pretty hard and definitely not as soft and squishy as what i felt in the office

maybe the show should have done it with real boobs, saline boobs, and silicone boobs. maybe the result would have been different with silicone.

too bad nobody has a saline implant to test in a sink or something...

but STILL even with all of that, i still really think that if you take a deep breath you can float regardless of the implants. it seems totally ridiculous that anyone with implants can't relax and float around on their back in a pool?? it is hard to believe that you have to constantly paddle or else you're screwed.

we have lots of girls with implants...can anyone NOT float around without paddling?
ChangedMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChangedMyName For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #17

SophieGrl is on a distinguished road
when i swam in the pool i floated And on my back to! As soon as my bf wakes up (hes sick with a cold) i'll ask him about silicone. Hes a chemistry professor so i'm sure that he'll have some input here...
SophieGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:55 PM   #18

jodyt will become famous soon enoughjodyt will become famous soon enough

well mine float so there,they even floated whilst i was trying to drown to attract a very nice looking life guard.or perhaps it was my lungs ahhhhh bugger,either way i dont get to run away with aforementioned life guard
jodyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:37 PM   #19

Fashionknockout will become famous soon enough
Interesting, I'm going to have to try it this summer because I use to float before I had implants. LOL
Fashionknockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:43 AM   #20

Thanked 1,268 Times in 1,087 Posts
Nanny66 has a spectacular auraNanny66 has a spectacular auraNanny66 has a spectacular aura
I was going to say the same...I didn't drown on holiday this year lol
Nanny66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nanny66 For This Useful Post:
06-26-2017 10:22 PM
Paid Advertisement