Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By SnowGirl
  • 1 Post By Koekjes
  • 2 Post By LuckyGirlA

D&F after second surgery

Old 01-10-2015, 06:03 AM

Koekjes is on a distinguished road
D&F after second surgery

Does D&F happen faster after your second surgery? I am a week and a half post op and my breast are already pretty soft and looks like my swelling is all down. Does this happen quicker the second time around? I remember on my first BA it took a few weeks before they started to feel softer and look normal.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:10 AM

LuckyGirlA is on a distinguished road
I'm wondering this too. I just had my 2nd BA on Tuesday, so I'm 4 days post op now. My PS said there will be very little dropping, but I hope there's some because I feel like they're pretty high! Plus they're so hard!! I've been a little worried about it. With a revision there is still some dropping and softening that goes on, right??
Old 01-10-2015, 06:12 AM

SnowGirl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Koekjes View Post
Does D&F happen faster after your second surgery? I am a week and a half post op and my breast are already pretty soft and looks like my swelling is all down. Does this happen quicker the second time around? I remember on my first BA it took a few weeks before they started to feel softer and look normal.
My PS told me that the recovery from a revision is a breeze and they will get back to normal (drop and fluff) at a faster rate than the first BA. I am really hoping this is true because it felt like it took a long time for them to drop before

Koekjes likes this.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by LuckyGirlA View Post
I'm wondering this too. I just had my 2nd BA on Tuesday, so I'm 4 days post op now. My PS said there will be very little dropping, but I hope there's some because I feel like they're pretty high! Plus they're so hard!! I've been a little worried about it. With a revision there is still some dropping and softening that goes on, right??
Yes, they will soften and drop just like the first BA. I don't know how fast but it's only been a few days, wait a little while longer How has the pain been for you if you don't mind me asking? The first BA was pretty bad pain wise and I'm just wondering what the pain was like this time compared to your last one???
Old 01-10-2015, 06:23 AM

For me the second time around the pain was much much better to handle. I only took Tylenol the first week. My chest muscles were not so sore this time around. So I was able to get up out of bed without the help of DH. Much easier this time around!!

LuckyGirlA likes this.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:25 AM

LuckyGirlA is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SnowGirl View Post
Yes, they will soften and drop just like the first BA. I don't know how fast but it's only been a few days, wait a little while longer How has the pain been for you if you don't mind me asking? The first BA was pretty bad pain wise and I'm just wondering what the pain was like this time compared to your last one???
That's good to hear, thank you. I figured I was worrying for no reason.
Honestly, the recovery with this second surgery has been a breeze! The difference between the two has amazed me! I can use and lift my arms, there is very very little soreness, and I was driving and going back to work on day 3. My first BA was pretty bad also, and I'm telling you this second one doesn't even compare regarding pain. I can do everything on my own. Good luck on your second BA!!

Koekjes and SnowGirl like this.
Old 01-10-2015, 06:38 AM

For me the second time around the pain was much much better to handle. I only took Tylenol the first week. My chest muscles were not so sore this time around. So I was able to get up out of bed without the help of DH. Much easier this time around!!
It's nice to hear that because surgery is on Mon and I'm taking the whole week off of work, not because I was worried about recovery but because I want to just have a few days off. I was really hoping that I wouldn't be laid up the majority of it like I was the last time
Old 01-10-2015, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by SnowGirl View Post
It's nice to hear that because surgery is on Mon and I'm taking the whole week off of work, not because I was worried about recovery but because I want to just have a few days off. I was really hoping that I wouldn't be laid up the majority of it like I was the last time
It's good you took the whole week off! Even though you will feel better sooner your body will need that rest. Good luck with your surgery next week and keep us updated 😉
Old 01-10-2015, 07:24 AM

It's good you took the whole week off! Even though you will feel better sooner your body will need that rest. Good luck with your surgery next week and keep us updated 😉
Thank you! Oh I will don't worry I'll be living on here for the first day or two I'm sure lol