Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By cremdelacrem01
  • 1 Post By Cupcake85
  • 3 Post By elle8204
  • 1 Post By KayKay1206
  • 1 Post By Energy22

Do round textured implants drop?

Old 06-16-2015, 06:29 PM

Energy22 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Do round textured implants drop?

I just had my 2 week Post-op appointment today and my right implant is too high. My left is placed perfect. My PS put a strap on me, and wants to wait at least 6 months before doing a revision on my right. I'm pretty disappointed... I could hear it in his voice that it's not likely that the textured implant will drop. Does anyone have any experience with this? Please help...
Old 06-16-2015, 06:39 PM

cremdelacrem01 is on a distinguished road
Did you do a lift to? Textured are had tons of research this year and they seem to not have as many issues and complications. The textured implant adhere better and more naturally to your breast so he is probably knowing he may have placed that one a little off. But I believe they also take longer if they do drop but I thought that was a big part that they don't move. I did get textured and mine have moved from under my arm pits and are settling but have not been uneven. I have 2 completely different sizes even a 320 low profile and and 375 moderate plus so that I would be evened out perfectly. It is crazy how much changes day to day so just be patient and wait at least he is aware and can fix if need be.

Energy22 likes this.

cremdelacrem01's plastic surgeon is Steven Vath, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to cremdelacrem01 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2015, 07:26 PM

Hi,
I didn't get a lift, and my PS did say that they usually stay where they are put. But he did have one patient that dropped right before her revision. So there is some hope. I'm feeling disappointed, because if it doesn't end up dropping then I'll have to have surgery again. Agh. Thank you for sharing your experience. It really does help.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:09 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
2 weeks is so early.

I have textured anatomicals. My left didn't drop and I had more surgery to manually release the muscle.

My ps didn't have me wear a strap. He said if it wasn't dropped by 12 weeks it was unlikely to and I had revision surgery at 6 months post op.

Textured implants do drop and fluff (mine did anyway). It's the Brazilians (polyethylene implants) which do not drop.

Energy22 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cupcake85 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2015, 02:11 AM

elle8204 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Energy22 View Post
I just had my 2 week Post-op appointment today and my right implant is too high. My left is placed perfect. My PS put a strap on me, and wants to wait at least 6 months before doing a revision on my right. I'm pretty disappointed... I could hear it in his voice that it's not likely that the textured implant will drop. Does anyone have any experience with this? Please help...
This doesn't sound right to me- I was told (and did a ton of research myself) that they definitely drop- but they just take a little longer than smooth. Even anatomicals drop- as my friend had anatomicals that rode up to her collarbone for weeks- and 6 months later they look natural and beautiful! I am surprised he is even mentioning revision at 2 weeks- that seems super early!
I am just shy of 6 weeks post op with textured rounds and am noticing dropping (albeit slowly). I wore the strap at 2 weeks for two weeks and now I am just in a sports bra and wear my strap at night. They are also softening up nicely

Hang in there! Xo
The Following User Says Thank You to elle8204 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2015, 06:54 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by elle8204 View Post
This doesn't sound right to me- I was told (and did a ton of research myself) that they definitely drop- but they just take a little longer than smooth. Even anatomicals drop- as my friend had anatomicals that rode up to her collarbone for weeks- and 6 months later they look natural and beautiful! I am surprised he is even mentioning revision at 2 weeks- that seems super early!
I am just shy of 6 weeks post op with textured rounds and am noticing dropping (albeit slowly). I wore the strap at 2 weeks for two weeks and now I am just in a sports bra and wear my strap at night. They are also softening up nicely

Hang in there! Xo
i agree. textured implants, rather round or anatomicals, have a lot longer dropping process than smooths.

even for smooths, 2 weeks is still too early! so, even more so with textured. i have round smooths and saw ALL dropping at 3 months. CherryPie has textured implants and her progression took about a year.

Energy22 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to KayKay1206 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2015, 11:08 AM

Many thank you's for your responses! I have been feeling upset with a few tears. I really hope that the right one does drop, because having to have surgery all over again really stinks! Not to mention it's summer time here in San Diego! He really didn't talk too much about revision, he said lets wait and see at least 6 months. He wants me to come in weekly to check on my progress. He is a great Dr. and very precise, So he looked shocked when one was positioned higher than the other. I know he'll make it right one way or another. Thank you all for the support an encouragement!

Cupcake85 likes this.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:48 AM

esn77 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=Energy22;2808618]Many thank you's for your responses! I have been feeling upset with a few tears. I really hope that the right one does drop, because having to have surgery all over again really stinks! Not to mention it's summer time here in San Diego! He really didn't talk too much about revision, he said lets wait and see at least 6 months. He wants me to come in weekly to check on my progress. He is a great Dr. and very precise, So he looked shocked when one was positioned higher than the other. I know he'll make it right one way or another. Thank you all for the support an encouragement! [/QUOTE

How are you lately?
Old 03-27-2018, 07:53 AM

Hi there

Iím doing good, I had a redo surgery for my right side implant in September 2015. My dr. Did the surgery for free and I only paid for the surgery supply fee. Iíve been great ever since! My implants are still looking great! Thank you for asking.