Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

How many doctors did you go see for your consultation?

Old 07-09-2018, 07:04 PM

laduree is on a distinguished road
How many doctors did you go see for your consultation?

hi ladies I finally booked consultations with two different Ps which im super excited about! originally, I was planning on going to see maybe 3-5 doctors for consultations but now I'm having second thoughts. how many PS did you go see before you decided?
Old 07-09-2018, 07:32 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I saw 3 in person and phone consults with 5 others.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:35 PM

Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
Over the years about 5 in person, 3 phone/internet, but researched a crap ton. I was extremely selective. I ended up going with the last PS I consulted with which was a recommendation by Linaki

It's like finding a good tattoo artist, you have to find the one that does the art the way you like, and you have to trust them.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:09 PM

april.12 will become famous soon enough april.12 will become famous soon enough
I consulted with two, and one offered free consults so it was a very quick consult and he didn't really do it right. I don't think you need to consult with a bunch of surgeons, that could very easily get you out $500. What I valued more than a consult was lots of before and after pictures, hospital affiliations, experience etc. then i picked a consult after i was basically sure i wanted him to be my doctor.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:10 PM

Crmmkm is on a distinguished road
I went to 4 free consults before my first BA. They all had different opinions so it was good to get do many sides and thoughts. My biggest research was definitely on this forum though. I went into my consults knowing so much already and that felt good. I only had 1 truly terrible experience and that was with a PS who was an arrogant jerk who thought he was gods gift to women wanting implants. But other than that the others truly helped me. I got to try on sizers at the other 3 and got to hear their options and opinions for me. For my revision, since my first surgeon I chose wrong and she messed up so I had to get them fixed, I only met with 1 and knew he was the one for me to fix them and he did beautifully. I wish I'd have met with him round 1.
Happy ps hunting! I recommend going in with all the knowledge you can. I felt so good that I knew that 1 awful ps was full of it and felt bad for women who don't know that and get manipulated by him. Knowledge is so good to have for that and many other reasons.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:17 PM

Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by Crmmkm View Post
I went to 4 free consults before my first BA. They all had different opinions so it was good to get do many sides and thoughts. My biggest research was definitely on this forum though. I went into my consults knowing so much already and that felt good. I only had 1 truly terrible experience and that was with a PS who was an arrogant jerk who thought he was gods gift to women wanting implants. But other than that the others truly helped me. I got to try on sizers at the other 3 and got to hear their options and opinions for me. For my revision, since my first surgeon I chose wrong and she messed up so I had to get them fixed, I only met with 1 and knew he was the one for me to fix them and he did beautifully. I wish I'd have met with him round 1.
Happy ps hunting! I recommend going in with all the knowledge you can. I felt so good that I knew that 1 awful ps was full of it and felt bad for women who don't know that and get manipulated by him. Knowledge is so good to have for that and many other reasons.
Man, your terrible experience sounds like one of my first consults years ago. Dude tried picking me apart so much it turned me off from the idea of the surgery altogether for a few more years. Glad I found this forum too, it helped me with the consults within the year leading up to my BA, so it helped immensely in my decision.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:47 PM
Searching for a Revision Dr

Location: Paradise City, where the grass is green & we talk about teetays
SeekAndDestroy will become famous soon enough
I went to seven! Two were near by and the rest I had to fly to. It was my third BA, so I wanted to make sure.

So glad I chose the one I chose. I crossed him off in the beginning due to a few bad reviews, but I took my chances anyway because I loved his work that much.

*Knocks on wood* I'm a year this month and no issues. I did the massages the way he instructed, except I did more than what was required. Plus I did lower body only cardio while healing. That got the blood flowing and made them softer.

I love my boobs
Old 07-10-2018, 06:14 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
just one! i found mine by accident online and knew immediately from his website alone that he was "the one". i went into my consult with deposit in hand ready to book because he was perfect!
Old 07-10-2018, 06:16 AM

thank you everyone! after reading this, I'm starting to think I should go see few more ps for consultations. The 2 ps im going to see next week was recommended by someone I trust but they are asking $8500 which is a little bit high for me.
I don't have a very thick skin and I'm terrified of running in to one the arrogant big ego PS who wants to pick me apart
Old 07-10-2018, 06:42 AM

riveeka is on a distinguished road
I only went to one. I had called another office before that, and felt they were very pushy and just trying to rack up numbers to get as many patients as possible. They were rude. So I ignored them and then took a recommendation from someone here. I could see the PS I chose had realistic results with artistry behind them, not just trying to get as many jobs as possible. Although I didnít go to any other consults, I spent hours perusing the galleries of other surgeons near me, and none of them compared. Because of that and the rec, I didnít feel the need to go to others. I also didnít want to miss more work. I think if you get a good rec or just really love someoneís work you arenít required to do lots of consults. Iím happy with my results one week out, and with how supportive and available my PS is to answer questions.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:43 AM

riveeka is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by laduree View Post
thank you everyone! after reading this, I'm starting to think I should go see few more ps for consultations. The 2 ps im going to see next week was recommended by someone I trust but they are asking $8500 which is a little bit high for me.
I don't have a very thick skin and I'm terrified of running in to one the arrogant big ego PS who wants to pick me apart
Itís important to advocate for yourself! Youíre the one who has to live with the results. But definitely donít choose a PS who is critical or pushy.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:37 AM

Thank you so much! I’ll try to remember that
Old 07-10-2018, 11:45 AM

mia711 will become famous soon enough
I went to 5 free consultation PS. I did a ton of research online and looked at more boobs than I ever thought I would. I researched the types of incisions, scarring, recovery time, exercise limitations, implant brands and warranties, complications, pros and cons about implants, ... I really liked the last one I went to. I chose him over the rest not just because of his work, but because of his attention to detail, responsiveness, qualifications, and attitude. He makes me feel comfortable and answers EVERY question I have, no matter how small or dumb. I'm liking my results so far
Old 07-13-2018, 07:47 PM

semn2018 is on a distinguished road
I only went to 1! We have a large academic medical center in our city, and I knew that I didnít want a resident doing my surgery, so I went to the only other hospital in town. Fortunately, the PS there came with rave reviews, otherwise I would have looked out of town. There is a PS here in town that does it in his little surgery center, but as a healthcare provider, those places scare me to death.