Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Like Tree17Likes
Old 03-11-2019, 09:26 PM   #1  

IWantCleav is on a distinguished road

Back Pain?

One of my closest friends recently had to undergo an unwanted breast reduction surgery. Reason being was to relieve pain in her back. She was very, very, large breasted and has been ever since I met her in High School. She really has been down ever since the reduction as she sooo didnít wanna do it. But with her back pain getting worse through out the years, she ended up having no choice.

Iím worried I might suffer the same pain if I get implants. Do any of you ladies experience back pain from having larger, fuller, breasts?
IWantCleav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 10:35 PM   #2  

Thanked 1,210 Times in 938 Posts
dj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the rough
I had to remove my 1150cc for this exact reason. Looking back I was stupid for going up to that size from 800cc because even back then I was having back issues despite weight training to strengthen it. X rays on my spine showed compressed disks due to many years with XL implants (800cc since 2001 and 1150 in 2012) and my chiro thought I had an major trauma to cause that issue

Once I upgraded to 1150cc shoulder pain also joined the back pain.

Since I downsized to 390cc my back and shoulder pain have gone! There was a few weeks where I had some aching in my shoulders as I assume everything was realigning but I am 100% painfree now. So glad I had my 66% reduction and I would not recommend XL implants as you can't fight aging and you ultimately pay the price in the end.
Cherry.Pie and IWantCleav like this.
dj2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:13 AM   #3  

Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,362 Posts
Cherry.Pie is a name known to allCherry.Pie is a name known to allCherry.Pie is a name known to allCherry.Pie is a name known to allCherry.Pie is a name known to allCherry.Pie is a name known to all
I guess it would also depend on what size implants your looking at! i have 470cc which is not considered a large implant, i don't even notice them. For me they are large and full, but cause me no pain.

Do you have an idea of what size implant your after, or have you not had a consult yet?
dj2012 and IWantCleav like this.
Cherry.Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:57 PM   #4  

BasketballGirl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj2012 View Post
I had to remove my 1150cc for this exact reason. Looking back I was stupid for going up to that size from 800cc because even back then I was having back issues despite weight training to strengthen it. X rays on my spine showed compressed disks due to many years with XL implants (800cc since 2001 and 1150 in 2012) and my chiro thought I had an major trauma to cause that issue

Once I upgraded to 1150cc shoulder pain also joined the back pain.

Since I downsized to 390cc my back and shoulder pain have gone! There was a few weeks where I had some aching in my shoulders as I assume everything was realigning but I am 100% painfree now. So glad I had my 66% reduction and I would not recommend XL implants as you can't fight aging and you ultimately pay the price in the end.
How long did you have your 800/1150ís before you started getting back pain or did you have issues before getting them?

Iíve no issues with mine but Iíve only had them a year or so at this size and before that a few years as I got bigger. Not sure how long Iíll keep them - not forever - but loving them at the moment so definitely for a few more years.
IWantCleav likes this.
BasketballGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:21 AM   #5  

dj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the roughdj2012 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballGirl View Post
How long did you have your 800/1150ís before you started getting back pain or did you have issues before getting them?

Iíve no issues with mine but Iíve only had them a year or so at this size and before that a few years as I got bigger. Not sure how long Iíll keep them - not forever - but loving them at the moment so definitely for a few more years.
Never had issues when I had 275 then 430cc. I was fine initially with the 800s which I first got in 2001 but around 2003 was when I started having issues with back pain when I was pregnant and I went up a further 3 cup sizes. I was hoping after pregnancy it would lessen but it continued and got progressively worse over the years despite weight training and building a strong back with muscle to hold everything in place
My boob greed was strong when I went unders with 800 in 2011 where I thought they looked smaller but I didnt wait long enough for them to truly settle before I upgraded to 1150cc. Big mistake on my part.
IWantCleav likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to dj2012 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2019, 12:34 AM   #6  

BasketballGirl is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Never had issues when I had 275 then 430cc. I was fine initially with the 800s which I first got in 2001 but around 2003 was when I started having issues with back pain when I was pregnant and I went up a further 3 cup sizes. I was hoping after pregnancy it would lessen but it continued and got progressively worse over the years despite weight training and building a strong back with muscle to hold everything in place
My boob greed was strong when I went unders with 800 in 2011 where I thought they looked smaller but I didnt wait long enough for them to truly settle before I upgraded to 1150cc. Big mistake on my part.
Thanks for the info. Kinda chimes in with what Iíve been thinking. Iíve no plans to do anything else for a few years so only time will tell if Iíve upsized too much too quickly or not. Hopefully not! Iíll definately keep hitting the gym.

My next decision hopefully in a few years time is too either downsize before having children or wait until after.
dj2012 and IWantCleav like this.
BasketballGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:48 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasketballGirl View Post
Thanks for the info. Kinda chimes in with what Iíve been thinking. Iíve no plans to do anything else for a few years so only time will tell if Iíve upsized too much too quickly or not. Hopefully not! Iíll definately keep hitting the gym.

My next decision hopefully in a few years time is too either downsize before having children or wait until after.
Upsizing too quickly isn't the issue but the long term affect over a long period of time
IWantCleav likes this.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:04 AM   #8  

Lennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular aura

Obviously I cannot speak for everyone but...

I have very serious back problems that started long before my implants. I have degenerative disk disease and the year before I got my implants I had emergency spinal decompression surgery for something called ďCauda Equina SyndromeĒ which basically means a disintegrating disk collapsed, pieces of it extruded the spinal sac leaking spinal fluid and debris onto the Cauda Equina (bundle of nerves that supplies feeling to the ENTIRE lower body from waist down) It was such a weird experience, one day I had a sore back like I often do, went to sleep and woke up the next day 100% numb from the waist down. So to say my back issues are serious is a understatement.

I was worried that getting my 550cc implants would worsen my back pain/problems but so far it just hasnít at all. My neurosurgeon who did my back surgeries thought I was completely insane and he literally begged me not to do it. Iím so glad I did it anyway! Life is too damn short to stress on what MIGHT happen. If I ever do feel they have negativity impacted my health in any way, Iíll simply explant. I prepared myself for the possibility that my spine may not tolerate them and I may have to remove them. But so far, theyíve added no issues whatsoever.
IWantCleav likes this.
Lennev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:37 PM   #9  

Thank you to everyone who replied! It really shows me just how great of a community this is!

I feel terrible for my friend right now! Her confidence has really taken a dive. I went with her the other day to get fitted for new bras and she she started crying due to how much her breasts decreased in size due to the reduction. I just donít know what to do for her. Sheís even on medicine for depression, thatís how hard sheís taking all this!
Old 03-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #10  

Thanked 2,358 Times in 2,201 Posts
Linaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to behold
The other consideration here is that natural breast tissue weighs WAY more than an implant. I've known people who had reductions and it was like 5 pounds or more of breast tissue removed per breast. My 500's I had were only 2.5 pounds.
I also have degenerative disc disease with one lumbar fusion at L5-S1 and 2 cervical fusions at C3-C7. My neck does hurt all.the.time and I get regular botox injections in my neck to help with pain. I had all of this prior to implants though. I can't say that it's necessarily gotten worse with them.
IWantCleav likes this.
Linaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-13-2019, 01:59 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
The other consideration here is that natural breast tissue weighs WAY more than an implant.
Thatís interesting to know! I had no idea! I think my friendís came out to 5 1/2 pounds per breast. Like I said before, they were very, very large. I just assumed implants would be the same. Perhaps she can get implants to get them back to the original size, but without the back pain?
Linaki likes this.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:24 PM   #12  

Lennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantCleav View Post
Thatís interesting to know! I had no idea! I think my friendís came out to 5 1/2 pounds per breast. Like I said before, they were very, very large. I just assumed implants would be the same. Perhaps she can get implants to get them back to the original size, but without the back pain?
I would definitely recommend this idea to her. She could have a 1-2 pound implant put in and if she had 5 1/2 pounds removed from each breast she would still be down 8-9 lbs of total weight! Just knowing thatís a option down the line may really improve her mood!
IWantCleav likes this.
Lennev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:39 PM   #13  

Quote:
But if she had a reduction because they were too large, it wouldn't make much sense to get larger implants to get them as big again.

Not sure how far out she is from her downsize but it can take some time for her to get used to her new size.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:21 PM   #14  

Quote:
But if she had a reduction because they were too large, it wouldn't make much sense to get larger implants to get them as big again.

Not sure how far out she is from her downsize but it can take some time for her to get used to her new size.
But she was natural, which apparently carries more weight. So, if she can get implants that would get her to her original size, they wonít weigh as much.
Old 03-14-2019, 12:23 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennev View Post
I would definitely recommend this idea to her. She could have a 1-2 pound implant put in and if she had 5 1/2 pounds removed from each breast she would still be down 8-9 lbs of total weight! Just knowing thatís a option down the line may really improve her mood!
Iím seeing her tomorrow night and am totally gonna recommend this! Iím really hoping it will get her out of her depression!
Linaki likes this.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:39 PM   #16  

Thanked 2,358 Times in 2,201 Posts
Linaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Exactly. My implants were only 1:25 pounds each. Big difference.
Linaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #17  
Lover of cats :)

KittyLuvr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
But she was natural, which apparently carries more weight. So, if she can get implants that would get her to her original size, they wonít weigh as much.
It's not just the weight - implants are completely different than large natural breasts in how they "attach" to your body, how the weight is distributed, and where they're pulling from. Like I have XL implants, and they definitely have some hang, but still, they cover a huge part of my torso internally if that makes any sense - they're attached to a large surface area. But large natural breasts arent like this at all - they're "attached" to a much smaller cross-section with much more material actually hanging. I think all that weight pulling from a single point makes natural breasts more painful.... I'm just imagining, cuz I've never jad large ntural breasts LOL.

And also, in a bra, I'm not really lifting my implants much, just holding them in place. But with naturals, I think there is a lot more lifting going on, and even lifting and pushing forward for mor projection, so that bra straps are going to see a lot more weight with naturals than implants.

That's just my theory, becUse I've thought a lot about this since I was concerned that going XL mught cause me to have back pain but it never has, so I've spent prob. way too much time thinking about why that is 😉
IWantCleav likes this.
KittyLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KittyLuvr For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2019, 10:01 PM   #18  

Quote:
With my 800s they were 1.77lb each and then when I increased to 1150 they were just over 2.5 each so definitely less than your friend.

You never mentioned how much she reduced them by?
Old 03-16-2019, 06:07 PM   #19  

Quote:
With my 800s they were 1.77lb each and then when I increased to 1150 they were just over 2.5 each so definitely less than your friend.

You never mentioned how much she reduced them by?
A LOT unfortunately. She was once an E cup and is now a B. Such a drastic change has really messed with her confidence.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyLuvr View Post
It's not just the weight - implants are completely different than large natural breasts in how they "attach" to your body, how the weight is distributed, and where they're pulling from. Like I have XL implants, and they definitely have some hang, but still, they cover a huge part of my torso internally if that makes any sense - they're attached to a large surface area. But large natural breasts arent like this at all - they're "attached" to a much smaller cross-section with much more material actually hanging. I think all that weight pulling from a single point makes natural breasts more painful.... I'm just imagining, cuz I've never jad large ntural breasts LOL.

And also, in a bra, I'm not really lifting my implants much, just holding them in place. But with naturals, I think there is a lot more lifting going on, and even lifting and pushing forward for mor projection, so that bra straps are going to see a lot more weight with naturals than implants.

That's just my theory, becUse I've thought a lot about this since I was concerned that going XL mught cause me to have back pain but it never has, so I've spent prob. way too much time thinking about why that is 😉
Oh wow, I never thought of all that! Thanks for the info!
03-24-2019 08:31 AM
Paid Advertisement