Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lennev
  • 1 Post By riveeka
Old 04-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #1  

lemonadepie345 is on a distinguished road

Doctor prescribed 35 percecot????

Is this normal? I feel like itís too much? Will I really need all 35? If I donít need all of them how do you get rid of them? I remember hearing somewhere that you shouldnít just toss medication into the trash?

Also, I got anti-itching medicine, does it really itch?
lemonadepie345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:00 PM   #2  
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

Thanked 1,235 Times in 1,099 Posts
BooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of lightBooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
30 sounds more normal than 35. That's odd. You'll probably not need all of those pills. I felt that icy hot worked better than percocet! But that is up to your surgeon on what you can and can't do for pain...

Personally, I would not toss medicines in the trash, especially a pain killer. Here's a link on what to do with medications: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/resourcesf.../ucm186187.htm

It mentions tossing in the trash after combining it with other trash, but I still don't feel comfortable with that method. Just think of all of the animals that could possibly come in contact with medications.

Does what really itch? The surgery? The surgery doesn't itch. Implants don't itch. Your incisions might, and that would be a sign of healing
BooBitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:39 PM   #3  

Lennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular aura
Yeah. Between 30-50 is normal. I was prescribed 50 Percocet. I took them all. Youíre taking 1-2 pills every four hours so they go very quickly.

If you have some leftover, pharmacy will destroy your medication for free. At least mine does proper disposal.
peruviansexy likes this.
Lennev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #4  

heymom3 will become famous soon enoughheymom3 will become famous soon enough
The anti-itch meds might also have another use so he might not be giving it to you for itching. One of my surgeon's gave me Hydroxyzine which can help with itching but also with nausea or anxiety. I didn't end up taking it because I had Zofran for nausea already at home. You can take unused meds to the pharmacy or many cities have a collection a couple times a year. I usually stick mine in the safe that way I have them later on down the road if they are needed.....like when I broke my wrist and the pharmacy was closed.
heymom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 05:41 AM   #5  

silky will become famous soon enough
I donít remember exact number of percocet they gave me but it was a lot. I didnít need that many by a long shot. I think I only used 4 of them! Buuut, I think Iíd rather have had more than I needed than not enough. I dropped off the rest of them a while after my surgery since I had so many left over.

My experience with the reverse situation is I recently had major abdominal surgery and they only gave me three days worth of T3s. I had a way worse time than Iíve ever had with a surgery. I could not get up by myself and was in excruciating and debilitating pain for a week. I couldnít stand, I couldnít get out of the chair I basically lived on, I couldnít get into or out of bed myself and anytime I moved it hurt so bad I felt like screaming and often did. It was terrible . Had to go back to go to emerge, where they also didnít really give me much to help me. Iíd have much preferred they gave me more than I needed than what I went through.

You donít really know how your recovery will be till youíre doing it. My Ba was super easy and not very painful to me, but Iíve heard other women were basically disabled for a couple weeks while they recovered. Hopefully you actually donít need 35 Percocet. But if you do, youíll be glad you had them!

If you have any left over, check to see if you can drop them off to your pharmacy or if there is place that takes them in your area.
silky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:05 PM   #6  

riveeka is on a distinguished road
I only used 2 pills. You donít have to use all of them, doctor is just playing it safe so you arenít in pain.
Linaki likes this.
riveeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:58 PM   #7  

Thanked 2,360 Times in 2,203 Posts
Linaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to beholdLinaki is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveeka View Post
I only used 2 pills. You donít have to use all of them, doctor is just playing it safe so you arenít in pain.
I didnít even fill my prescription.
Linaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-26-2019, 09:04 PM   #8  

riveeka is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I didnít even fill my prescription.
That is great, what did you use? Tylenol?

I had this as my goal because I do not like narcotics, and I was very glad to switch to Tylenol as soon as I could.
riveeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:24 PM   #9  

Lennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular auraLennev has a spectacular aura
It really blows my mind seeing all the people here who didnít use the narcotics at all! I had 50 and had to get a second prescription (for 20 more) because I was in so much pain the first 8 days. I was taking two pills every 4 hours. lol Yaíll were so lucky not to have that pain!
Lennev is offline   Reply With Quote
06-15-2019 09:40 PM
Paid Advertisement