Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum >

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pigeonchest
Old 04-12-2019, 11:03 PM   #1  

pigeonchest is on a distinguished road

Recovery after Mommy Makeover

Yes! I searched and read a lot of posts! I know everyone is different.
Well, I'm am finally for real doing it! I've wanted breast implants since I was in middle school!
Ok, I'm now 35, two kids later, just divorced, and planning a mommy makeover for the summer. I am a teacher.
My detailed question (s)
I am wondering if I should plan my surgery for the 1st or 4th week of June. Here is why:
I live in Montana. Will have local surgery.

The 16th through the 20th if June I am going to a special education conference in Florida.
The conference is to finalize the alternative testing for Special education- point being, I need to be on the ball and alert. This honor is a big deal only a couple hundred teachers in the whole USA were picked...

So, part of me says, "DUH! Wait until after the super important conference!!" Then another side says, "it will be two-ish weeks post. I'm good."
I had a hysterectomy 4 years ago... I remember the recovery being more than I expected... So a tummy tuck is more?

My goal is HP to UHP round saline.
I am meeting with PS in two weeks... I want to have an idea going into the meeting.
YES! I am a planner! Comes with being a teacher!
pigeonchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:21 AM   #2  

Thanked 1,433 Times in 1,365 Posts
Cherry.Pie is a name known to allCherry.Pie is a name known to allCherry.Pie is a name known to allCherry.Pie is a name known to allCherry.Pie is a name known to allCherry.Pie is a name known to all
That's a hard one to answer, I had a full tummy tuck and muscle repair, at 2 weeks post-op my daughter came to visit, and she said "I wouldn't have known you had a TT, your just walking a bit slower than usual"
The biggest thing with a TT besides the operation is the post-op rules, no lifting etc. Iv'e had a hysterectomy and the TT, and i would say the TT was a little harder. I had to walk slightly hunched over for 10 days, to not put a strain on my incision which went from hip to hip, and then all the internal stitches from the MR.
The fact that your having your breasts done at the same time! as you said it's hard to know what someone's experience is going to be like. I would have a good talk with your PS, find out all your post-op instructions and ask him is it doable.

Because it is a super important conference, i would probably say wait till it's over to have your MM.
I don't know if you have been reading the MM section on the Forum, it's worth taking a look at! I will leave you the link.

https://www.justbreastimplants.com/f...mmy-makeovers/

I wish you the best with what you decide to do! and i look forward to hearing about your MM experience.
Cherry.Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 02:33 PM   #3  

pigeonchest is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry.Pie View Post
That's a hard one to answer, I had a full tummy tuck and muscle repair, at 2 weeks post-op my daughter came to visit, and she said "I wouldn't have known you had a TT, your just walking a bit slower than usual"
The biggest thing with a TT besides the operation is the post-op rules, no lifting etc. Iv'e had a hysterectomy and the TT, and i would say the TT was a little harder. I had to walk slightly hunched over for 10 days, to not put a strain on my incision which went from hip to hip, and then all the internal stitches from the MR.
The fact that your having your breasts done at the same time! as you said it's hard to know what someone's experience is going to be like. I would have a good talk with your PS, find out all your post-op instructions and ask him is it doable.

Because it is a super important conference, i would probably say wait till it's over to have your MM.
I don't know if you have been reading the MM section on the Forum, it's worth taking a look at! I will leave you the link.

https://www.justbreastimplants.com/f...mmy-makeovers/

I wish you the best with what you decide to do! and i look forward to hearing about your MM experience.

Thank you so much!
Cherry.Pie likes this.
pigeonchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:11 PM   #4  

RebeccaC is on a distinguished road
Have you consulted your surgeon yet? Mine told me that after a tummy tuck (plus BA) I would need 4 weeks off work, 6 weeks no lifting, 12 weeks no exercising, and that I should expect a 12 week recovery period total, where you have to take everything very easy.
I will need a full extended muscle repair and hernia repair though, so maybe that is what makes the recovery longer.
If I were you I would wait until after your conference to be on the safe side. It sounds like the conference is important to you and you'll be disappointed if you miss it.
RebeccaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:58 AM   #5  

heymom3 will become famous soon enoughheymom3 will become famous soon enough
I would wait until after the conference because you never know how your body will react to everything being done. Another thing is hauling a suitcase and carryon through the airport, to the hotel, etc. You cannot lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for the first few weeks depending on your surgeon's instructions and some don't even want you to lift your hands above your head. With me even after I stopped taking pain meds I found myself needing naps throughout the day as my body healed. I doubt there will be nap time at the conference ;-)
heymom3 is online now   Reply With Quote
04-20-2019 05:17 PM
Paid Advertisement