Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By peruviansexy
  • 1 Post By bumblebea
  • 1 Post By Linaki
  • 3 Post By gigglebytes
  • 1 Post By Magentaqueen
  • 1 Post By nikkster
  • 1 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By ittybittytittie

Recall Allergan textured implants

Old 07-25-2019, 07:14 AM

peruviansexy is on a distinguished road
Recall Allergan textured implants

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pres...uests-allergan

please read and don't freak out. Like they say "if its not broken, don't fix it".

Also if you have any symptoms call your doctor for an appointment.

i don't have textured implants, but i just wanted to inform your ladies just in case you have not seen this already.

LAPAKI likes this.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:03 PM
˚✩☆ ②scOOps ☆✩˚

bumblebea is on a distinguished road
Suicide

My surgeon committed suicide. He gave me the recalled implants and my armpit hurts a lot and my boob hurts on the same side that my armpit hurts. I am so sad and mad about not even being able to speak to the man who did this to me. I am mind-blown that no one has commented on this thread.

peruviansexy likes this.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:15 AM

peruviansexy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bumblebea View Post
My surgeon committed suicide. He gave me the recalled implants and my armpit hurts a lot and my boob hurts on the same side that my armpit hurts. I am so sad and mad about not even being able to speak to the man who did this to me. I am mind-blown that no one has commented on this thread.
omg! im so sorry to hear that. you should have someone look into it. my friend also had allergan and when she called her doctor and they called the company to ask about what type of allergan it was, it was not the ones they are recalling. so call them with the card they gave you and just make an appointment with a new doc if you feel pain? was the procedure done thru ur armpit?

The following are the textured styles:

Style 110 – BIOCELL Textured Round Moderate Projection Gel Filled Breast Implants
Style 115 – BIOCELL Textured Round Midrange Projection Gel Filled Breast Implants
Style 120 - BIOCELL Textured Round High Projection Gel Filled Breast Implants
Style TRL - Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL Textured Responsive Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TRLP - Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL Textured Responsive Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TRM - Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL Textured Responsive Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TRF - Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL Textured Responsive Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TRX - Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL Textured Responsive Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TCL – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL Textured Cohesive Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TCLP – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL Textured Cohesive Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TCM – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL Textured Cohesive Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TCF – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL Textured Cohesive Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TCX – Natrelle Inspira BIOCELL Textured Cohesive Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TSL – Natrelle BIOCELL Textured Soft Touch Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TSLP – Natrelle BIOCELL Textured Soft Touch Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TSM – Natrelle BIOCELL Textured Soft Touch Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TSF – Natrelle BIOCELL Textured Soft Touch Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Style TSX – Natrelle BIOCELL Textured Soft Touch Silicone-Filled Breast Implants
Natrelle 410 Highly Cohesive Anatomically Shaped Silicone Filled Breast Implants approved under P040046. The following are the textured styles:

Style 410FM
Style 410FF
Style 410MM
Style 410 MF
Style 410 FL
Style 410 ML
Style 410 LL
Style 410 LM
Style 410 LF
Style 410 FX
Style 410 MX
Style 410 LX

Allergan tissue expanders for the breast that have BIOCELL texturing originally cleared as:

Natrelle 133 Plus Tissue Expander (K143354)
Natrelle 133 Tissue Expander with Suture Tabs (K102806)
Old 07-26-2019, 08:44 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
The recall is ONLY for textured implants. What do you have? If you're having pain you need to schedule a consult with a new plastic surgeon and find out what's going on.

peruviansexy likes this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-26-2019, 10:23 AM

gigglebytes is on a distinguished road
girls, I'm pissed off

Hey ladies: we're being told to stay calm and just wait for signs and symptoms. I cannot believe that this is the message.

I work in tech, and I have a Macbook Pro. I bought a newer one earlier this year, and I like it a lot. I've had Macbooks for years, never had a problem. Until last month: I got a letter from Apple saying that the battery in my particular model presented a fire risk. Would the battery explode? Overheat and then cause a fire? It didn't matter. Apple replaced my battery for free.
https://support.apple.com/15-inch-ma...battery-recall

All I had to do was bring it into the Genius Bar and have it repaired. This was a "voluntary recall," as in, the company decided that the safety of its customers was a priority.

Here we have the exact same thing occurring with a medical device. Allergan has voluntarily recalled these implants on FDA recommendation. Why isn't replacement of the devices covered by the manufacturer?

What do you think consumers would do if Apple said, "There's only a 1:3000 chance that your battery could catch fire. Talk to your Apple Genius if you see signs that your battery may be overheating."

Ladies, this is not cool. Not cool at all. Many of us may never develop this rare cancer, and many people have never had their Samsung Galaxy Note 7 explode on them. I don't think this should translate to us assuming the cost and risk on our own.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-26-2019, 10:26 AM

gigglebytes is on a distinguished road
bumblebea, please see another doctor right away. Do not wait. Take care of yourself, and document everything just in case!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-26-2019, 06:15 PM

Magentaqueen is on a distinguished road
Wow bad all the way around! You should definitely go see a doctor and get some movement on tests getting done hun. Please keep posting on how you doing!!
Old 07-26-2019, 06:19 PM

Magentaqueen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gigglebytes View Post
Hey ladies: we're being told to stay calm and just wait for signs and symptoms. I cannot believe that this is the message.

I work in tech, and I have a Macbook Pro. I bought a newer one earlier this year, and I like it a lot. I've had Macbooks for years, never had a problem. Until last month: I got a letter from Apple saying that the battery in my particular model presented a fire risk. Would the battery explode? Overheat and then cause a fire? It didn't matter. Apple replaced my battery for free.
https://support.apple.com/15-inch-ma...battery-recall

All I had to do was bring it into the Genius Bar and have it repaired. This was a "voluntary recall," as in, the company decided that the safety of its customers was a priority.

Here we have the exact same thing occurring with a medical device. Allergan has voluntarily recalled these implants on FDA recommendation. Why isn't replacement of the devices covered by the manufacturer?

What do you think consumers would do if Apple said, "There's only a 1:3000 chance that your battery could catch fire. Talk to your Apple Genius if you see signs that your battery may be overheating."

Ladies, this is not cool. Not cool at all. Many of us may never develop this rare cancer, and many people have never had their Samsung Galaxy Note 7 explode on them. I don't think this should translate to us assuming the cost and risk on our own.
Your right just like with automobile recalls, they are paid 100%! This too should be covered regardless of any symptoms. What a shame!

SeekAndDestroy likes this.
Old 07-27-2019, 05:19 AM

nikkster is on a distinguished road
I feel like I’m sitting on a ticking time bomb! I have no signs or symptoms but I do have the recalled implant (confirmed with my surgeons office). I have an appointment with my surgeon in August to discuss health concerns, what to look for etc, but I’m also considering getting them removed.

I know they are saying not to if there is nothing wrong but that doesn’t sit well with me.

They’ve been banned in Canada since April I believe and all of this starting going on a year after mine were done, it’s super frustrating and yes I agree why the hell isn't this covered? Now I have to make a decision based on not only my health but financially as well.

peruviansexy likes this.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:55 PM

kg522 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nikkster View Post
I feel like I’m sitting on a ticking time bomb! I have no signs or symptoms but I do have the recalled implant (confirmed with my surgeons office). I have an appointment with my surgeon in August to discuss health concerns, what to look for etc, but I’m also considering getting them removed.

I know they are saying not to if there is nothing wrong but that doesn’t sit well with me.

They’ve been banned in Canada since April I believe and all of this starting going on a year after mine were done, it’s super frustrating and yes I agree why the hell isn't this covered? Now I have to make a decision based on not only my health but financially as well.
I am relieved to hear that others are feeling the same way. I am extremely worried about this and don't know if I can stand "just waiting around" to see if I develop this rare cancer.

I recently moved to a new area and need to find a new PS to consult. I called my previous PS (the one that did my implants) and they basically brushed me off saying that unless I have symptoms I should not worry. If these implants are being recalled off the shelves, how can they say it is fine to leave them in our bodies?

I love my chest and have loved having implants, but I'm seriously considering having them removed as well. I just don't know if I can justify keeping them and worrying about the possible outcomes. The problem is I don't think financially or timewise I will be able to have them explanted until next summer.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:25 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kg522 View Post
I am relieved to hear that others are feeling the same way. I am extremely worried about this and don't know if I can stand "just waiting around" to see if I develop this rare cancer.

I recently moved to a new area and need to find a new PS to consult. I called my previous PS (the one that did my implants) and they basically brushed me off saying that unless I have symptoms I should not worry. If these implants are being recalled off the shelves, how can they say it is fine to leave them in our bodies?

I love my chest and have loved having implants, but I'm seriously considering having them removed as well. I just don't know if I can justify keeping them and worrying about the possible outcomes. The problem is I don't think financially or timewise I will be able to have them explanted until next summer.
The reason they are saying not to remove them if you are not symptomatic is because the overall risk of surgery is greater than the risk of developing the VERY RARE cancer. I know it must be scary to be in your position so I do get it but wanted to explain the reasons that they are not recommending everyone run out and have a surgery to remove them. When the Dow implants were recalled, and I do believe the cost was 100% covered women some women opted to wait and didn't do it right away. I think you'll be fine to wait until next summer. I feel like there is panic going on and it's not a panic situation.
Hang in there!

dj2012 likes this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-03-2019, 05:26 AM

gabs is on a distinguished road
I feel the Same

Originally Posted by nikkster View Post

I too have Allergan textured implants ,almost ten years .
I had my two yearly mamogram /US breast last month .
On arrival back from holiday I found out that I need an MRI as part of the implants,especially the left , roughly translated from Hebrew "implants have contents causing a complete lack of visability in parts"
Whilst searching for reasons for this I found out that my type has been recalled.
Having just come back from.holiday I hadn't seen the news.
I have an MRI schedueled for 22/8 and am seeing my plastic surgeon on the 27th .
His receptionist said I should change them and that my Surgeon only used this brand for 3 months .
My husband is adamant that they be changed .
I have had some level of pain these past 8 months.
However low the risk it is scary .
I have high risk cancers in my family .
Yet it is also a financial burden .
I just hope that my surgeon will be fair and give a large discount and my insurance kick in .
Allergan should pay for all who want it to pay for a new operation .
We shouldn't need to.live with this fear hanging over us 😞
Old 09-04-2019, 06:14 PM

Beginagain is on a distinguished road
2 years

I have natrelle 410's. At the Dr visit today, he said all of us with the textured implants have 2 years to replace them with smooth implants. Allergan will not charge for the replacement implants but we have to pay the surgeons fees.

I am not having symptoms. My boobs have lost shape and are drooping. The 410's are cohesive gel and too firm IMO. They look great in clothes and even a swimsuit but not good naked anymore.
Old 11-13-2019, 05:20 AM

Belbliss84 is on a distinguished road
Outcome?

Originally Posted by gabs View Post
I too have Allergan textured implants ,almost ten years .
I had my two yearly mamogram /US breast last month .
On arrival back from holiday I found out that I need an MRI as part of the implants,especially the left , roughly translated from Hebrew "implants have contents causing a complete lack of visability in parts"
Whilst searching for reasons for this I found out that my type has been recalled.
Having just come back from.holiday I hadn't seen the news.
I have an MRI schedueled for 22/8 and am seeing my plastic surgeon on the 27th .
His receptionist said I should change them and that my Surgeon only used this brand for 3 months .
My husband is adamant that they be changed .
I have had some level of pain these past 8 months.
However low the risk it is scary .
I have high risk cancers in my family .
Yet it is also a financial burden .
I just hope that my surgeon will be fair and give a large discount and my insurance kick in .
Allergan should pay for all who want it to pay for a new operation .
We shouldn't need to.live with this fear hanging over us 😞

Hi Gabs, just wondering if anything progressed for you here? Was ther Le an conclusive result on the MRI or ultrasound?

I too have Allergan Textured implants. It’s been close to 12 years.
I have an apt with my original surgeon in 3 months.

Here in Australia I believe the recall is now on our medical rebate system for the “removal and replacement” , this is only in the case that they are symptomatic.

I am really a bit scared, if they are part of the recall and intact they say I can keep in and have regular checks.
But once confirmed I think I will undergo replacement.

The cost of the implants themselves is only about 8% of the entire cost from my memory
Old 11-17-2019, 09:37 PM

girl is on a distinguished road
The fact that your surgeon committed suicide is disturbing and leaves us to wonder just how guilty his conscious was.... yikes.

I have the Allergan recalled textured implants and I have concerns of CC such as odd shape and slight tightness/discomfort (BA #2 was in 2010), but I don't know what to do....I don't really want to go back to my surgeon since I don't love her work. I was thinking of going to Revis, which is what I originally came on JBI to get opinions about, and then I realized that I am an owner of the dreaded recalled implants...I will post pics to my album soon
Old 01-08-2021, 11:53 AM

ittybittytittie is on a distinguished road
Bumping this old thread. Did anyone get them replaced?

allie2-0 likes this.

ittybittytittie's plastic surgeon is Michael Tantillo, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-14-2021, 03:17 PM

allie2-0 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ittybittytittie View Post
Bumping this old thread. Did anyone get them replaced?
I haven't yet...I wonder if the 2 year window to have Allergan cover the cost of new implants is still open? I guess I should check with my surgeon's office!
Old 01-28-2021, 05:26 PM

ittybittytittie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by allie2-0 View Post
I haven't yet...I wonder if the 2 year window to have Allergan cover the cost of new implants is still open? I guess I should check with my surgeon's office!
Yes, it's good til July 2021.

ittybittytittie's plastic surgeon is Michael Tantillo, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE