Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By Peppermint79
  • 2 Post By heymom3
  • 1 Post By Cupcake85
  • 4 Post By FlexinTexan
  • 2 Post By Vivian1989
  • 2 Post By Lennev
  • 1 Post By Oceanstate
  • 2 Post By Babybat
  • 1 Post By Ginger_Snap

What do I tell my boss?

Old 11-19-2019, 02:06 PM

Oceanstate is on a distinguished road
Unhappy What do I tell my boss?

So because of the type of work I do I know after my BA Iíll have to take a full two weeks off of work. My only problem is I only work with one other girl, sheíll have to do doubles for that time Iím out. I donít care about telling people Iíll be having my boobs done but I donít want to tell my boss or my co-worker. I think they both might get annoyed Iíd be taking time off for cosmetic surgery. I was thinking of saying I have a cyst that has to be removed and the down time is 2 weeks. I just hope he doesnít ask for a doctors note🙄. I feel kind of like an asshole but Iíve just been too unhappy with my breast for way too long to not to do it just for other peopleís feelings.

Last edited by Oceanstate; 11-19-2019 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 11-20-2019, 03:39 AM

Peppermint79 is on a distinguished road
You shouldnít feel like you have to tell them
What exactly you are getting done. Privacy laws protect you from having to do that and even if a medical note is required it should always go to Benefits/HR for privacy reasons. Or what about if you just plan to take time off and donít tell the boss why? From what I see, itís not uncommon for people to take a two week vacation with proper planning - you can always come up with some story about helping a far away relative or renovating your house, etc.

Oceanstate likes this.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:04 AM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
If you really feel like you need to give a reason just say Female Surgery and leave it at that.

Logan441 and Oceanstate like this.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:21 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Do you need to supply a doctors note? If so they will know itís come from a plastic surgeon because it will be on their letterhead.

I recently had my implant exchange bumped forward and it happened extremely quickly due to complications causing problems and pain. I was completely upfront with my boss because to be approved you need to give a minimum 2 weeks notice which I couldnít do due to how fast I was scheduled in. I had also found 2 breast lumps which I had told her about as I needed to leave work early to have an ultrasound and biopsy of the fluid around my implant. The lumps were lymph nodes.

I needed 6 weeks off work due to my lifting restrictions and I also needed to supply a medical clearance letter from my surgeon to return to work. Itís completely up to you what you tell your boss. I donít was honest as firstly I needed a good excuse to be up and leaving for 6 weeks without giving the required notice and also because while at first I was embarrassed because I had never told anyone that Iíd had implants I thought f it who cares what they think. My boss has already expressed that she would love breast implants once sheís done with having kids. I work with all women. It was no secret that I was having surgery on my breasts due to a problem but whether my boss told anyone else I donít know. If others are b!tching about me behind my back so be it.

Just my honest opinion. Iíve gotten to a point in my life at 34 where what you see with me is what you get and if you donít like it tough.

Good luck. If you can get away with just saying ďsurgeryĒ and not going into details do that. Technically you donít have to answer if asked to clarify and can just say ďitís personalĒ.

Oceanstate likes this.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:05 PM

FlexinTexan is on a distinguished road
Would they be annoyed if you were taking 2 weeks off to go to Hawaii? You're just taking vacation time like everyone else in the world does...what you choose to do with it is up to you.

Linaki, CNL2317, Logan441 and 1 others like this.
Old 11-21-2019, 06:31 PM

Vivian1989 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cupcake85 View Post
Do you need to supply a doctors note? If so they will know itís come from a plastic surgeon because it will be on their letterhead.

I recently had my implant exchange bumped forward and it happened extremely quickly due to complications causing problems and pain. I was completely upfront with my boss because to be approved you need to give a minimum 2 weeks notice which I couldnít do due to how fast I was scheduled in. I had also found 2 breast lumps which I had told her about as I needed to leave work early to have an ultrasound and biopsy of the fluid around my implant. The lumps were lymph nodes.

I needed 6 weeks off work due to my lifting restrictions and I also needed to supply a medical clearance letter from my surgeon to return to work. Itís completely up to you what you tell your boss. I donít was honest as firstly I needed a good excuse to be up and leaving for 6 weeks without giving the required notice and also because while at first I was embarrassed because I had never told anyone that Iíd had implants I thought f it who cares what they think. My boss has already expressed that she would love breast implants once sheís done with having kids. I work with all women. It was no secret that I was having surgery on my breasts due to a problem but whether my boss told anyone else I donít know. If others are b!tching about me behind my back so be it.

Just my honest opinion. Iíve gotten to a point in my life at 34 where what you see with me is what you get and if you donít like it tough.

Good luck. If you can get away with just saying ďsurgeryĒ and not going into details do that. Technically you donít have to answer if asked to clarify and can just say ďitís personalĒ.
At 46 you will care even less what people think! You did the right thing.

Linaki and Oceanstate like this.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:33 PM

Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough Lennev is a jewel in the rough
You do not need to give specifics:

Tell your boss/coworkers that you need to have surgery. Period. By law they cannot ask for the details of your private medical information. If you feel compelled to give a little more information just remain vague. Say something like I need to have a intimate female surgery and Iím not really comfortable discussing the details.

As for a doctor note, you CAN still get one. And honestly, you should. When taking that much time off giving a doctors note is proper professional edicate. Your surgeon wonít disclose the details of your surgery in his note. He will simply confirm he has performed surgery on you and state your postoperative restrictions.

Best of luck with surgery.

Old 11-26-2019, 11:08 AM

Oceanstate is on a distinguished road
Thank you all for your responses! I actually told my boss today because I finally have a surgery date, December 5th. Iím so excited lol. But I just told him Iím having surgery, itís out patient and Iíll be back to work as soon as I can. He was really great about it and didnít ask any questions, just to ask if I was ok lol. But yay😁 Iím finally getting boobs!

FlexinTexan likes this.
Old 11-27-2019, 07:41 PM

Babybat is on a distinguished road
Itís not their business what type of surgery you are getting, just tell them you are getting surgery! It wouldnít be very polite or tactful for them pry about what the surgery is. I told my boss Iím getting surgery and they did not question it. I kept it from my coworkers for a while but I ended up telling them, mainly because Iím so excited and wanted people to talk to about it haha

Old 12-06-2019, 09:14 PM

Ginger_Snap is on a distinguished road
I told my boss I was having surgery and it was a female thing. Once he heard that he didn't want to know anything else lol. I took vacation time so I didn't need a doctor's note.

Music likes this.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:28 PM

Music is on a distinguished road
I'm hoping I can ask my boss if it's okay to take a week or so of vacation and that be the end of it.