Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Like Tree17Likes

Where's Everyone?

Reply Subscribe
Old 05-15-2020, 12:47 PM

Flatnomo is on a distinguished road
Where's Everyone?

Hey, where did everyone go? All the members who used to post aren't posting anymore. Is everyone using the Facebook group, or has everyone moved along?

Music likes this.
Old 05-15-2020, 01:29 PM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
i check in here every now and then. but mostly stay on FB

dj2012 likes this.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by KayKay1206 View Post
i check in here every now and then. but mostly stay on FB
Oh, ok. Gotcha. Thanks.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:26 PM

Music is on a distinguished road
I wish more people posted here! I was told about the Facebook group but want to keep my BA journey private.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Music View Post
I wish more people posted here! I was told about the Facebook group but want to keep my BA journey private.
I agree! I bit the bullet and joined the FB group anyway. I'm just not posting boobie pics on there.
Old 05-16-2020, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Flatnomo View Post
I agree! I bit the bullet and joined the FB group anyway. I'm just not posting boobie pics on there.
Does anyone know if they are trying to do away with the board entirely and get everyone on Facebook? This board is an amazing find for me. I've learned so much even from old posts and a lovely poster named Linaki. It's a shame there's not more activity.

Flatnomo likes this.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:36 PM

It was a Godsend to me my first time around 2 years ago. SO MANY ladies offered support back then. I don't like the Facebook group as much.

Music likes this.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Flatnomo View Post
It was a Godsend to me my first time around 2 years ago. SO MANY ladies offered support back then. I don't like the Facebook group as much.
Yeah it looks like this forum used to be the place to be. Maybe if those of us who prefer the board post a lot we'll get more ladies to join?
Old 05-19-2020, 07:31 AM

anabanana443 is on a distinguished road
I didn't even know there was a FB group - I just did a quick search of groups under "Just Breast Implants" and didn't see anything. What's it called?
Old 05-19-2020, 09:45 AM

dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough dj2012 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by anabanana443 View Post
I didn't even know there was a FB group - I just did a quick search of groups under "Just Breast Implants" and didn't see anything. What's it called?
Here it is https://www.facebook.com/groups/JustBreastImplantsChat/
Old 05-19-2020, 02:23 PM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
i dont think the board will be going away. Everthing just seems to be gravitating towards social media outlets more.

for me, its harder to share pics here than it is on FB. you cant post nudes on here, not even nipples being blurred out. everything has to be clothed. I have all my albums set to private and members have to FR me to see them. Im not as trusting on here to share them as i am on FB. at least on FB i can see someones profile, actual pic, real name, "know" the person. it sounds weird but i feel better sharing pics over on the FB page than i do here. on here, anyone can say who they are. on FB, you can actually see who is who. granted, people can be fake and pretend, but its not hidden. being a mod on the FB page, we try to weed out the "bad apples" the best we can.

dj2012, BooBitties, Linaki and 1 others like this.
Old 05-19-2020, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by KayKay1206 View Post
i dont think the board will be going away. Everthing just seems to be gravitating towards social media outlets more.

for me, its harder to share pics here than it is on FB. you cant post nudes on here, not even nipples being blurred out. everything has to be clothed. I have all my albums set to private and members have to FR me to see them. Im not as trusting on here to share them as i am on FB. at least on FB i can see someones profile, actual pic, real name, "know" the person. it sounds weird but i feel better sharing pics over on the FB page than i do here. on here, anyone can say who they are. on FB, you can actually see who is who. granted, people can be fake and pretend, but its not hidden. being a mod on the FB page, we try to weed out the "bad apples" the best we can.
Ohh I totally get that about photos. I'm not sure if I'll be posting any anywhere because nudity isn't something I'm super comfortable with. As much as I'd love to help other women, I'm shy about my own body. I've even worried about my physical before and after photos from the surgeon getting in the wrong hands. I'm not sure where I'll keep them. I prefer not being featured in the before and after gallery online too. They need my permission to do so, right?

Anyway, I'm glad the board is here to stay . I hope we can get more people on here somehow.
Old 05-19-2020, 08:37 PM

BigH is on a distinguished road
I didnít know there was a Facebook group. Iím disappointed more people arenít active here. I know when I first joined 10 years ago (different profile name but, I couldnít log in under my original one Camdoo) there was much more activity and support. I guess I will see about joining the FB group but, I also donít like all my friends and family knowing my business. Even though everyone knows my breasts were paid for

Flatnomo and Music like this.
Old 05-20-2020, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by BigH View Post
I didnít know there was a Facebook group. Iím disappointed more people arenít active here. I know when I first joined 10 years ago (different profile name but, I couldnít log in under my original one Camdoo) there was much more activity and support. I guess I will see about joining the FB group but, I also donít like all my friends and family knowing my business. Even though everyone knows my breasts were paid for
I also was under a different name, Musclelady, and couldn't log into my old account. I just found out about the Fb group a month ago by accident. I saw someone here mention it. The Fb group is private, you have to ask to join, and only members can see your posts. I'm still uneasy about pics on there, though. Not sure why, but I feel more comfortable here.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:36 PM

MommaTo3Boys is on a distinguished road
I was wondering this myself!! I just logged on for the first time in probably 3 or 4 years yesterday. This board was so helpful when I had my BA back in early 2014. Considering a revision so I thought Iíd log on. I canít believe how little activity there is compared to the ďoldĒ days. Iím not sure I feel comfortable joining a Facebook group. Wouldnít all my friends be able to see that Iím part of the group? Is there a way to keep that info private from my FB friends??

BooBitties likes this.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:22 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by MommaTo3Boys View Post
I was wondering this myself!! I just logged on for the first time in probably 3 or 4 years yesterday. This board was so helpful when I had my BA back in early 2014. Considering a revision so I thought Iíd log on. I canít believe how little activity there is compared to the ďoldĒ days. Iím not sure I feel comfortable joining a Facebook group. Wouldnít all my friends be able to see that Iím part of the group? Is there a way to keep that info private from my FB friends??
Welcome back! It's a private group so no one would be able to see that you are a member or what you post there. We have over 2100 members there, even some of the JBI oldies are there
Old 05-20-2020, 05:29 PM
I type what I'd say to you over highly caffeinated coffee

BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light BooBitties is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Music View Post
Ohh I totally get that about photos. I'm not sure if I'll be posting any anywhere because nudity isn't something I'm super comfortable with. As much as I'd love to help other women, I'm shy about my own body. I've even worried about my physical before and after photos from the surgeon getting in the wrong hands. I'm not sure where I'll keep them. I prefer not being featured in the before and after gallery online too. They need my permission to do so, right?

Anyway, I'm glad the board is here to stay . I hope we can get more people on here somehow.
The forum isn't going anywhere. There are just too many women that love the anonymity that JBI has to offer that you just can't get anywhere else. Here, you have the option of setting your albums to public or private - I keep my albums here set to private. Yes, your surgeon would need you to sign a form allowing them to use your before and after pictures on their site.

Music likes this.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:17 PM

LucyEBR is on a distinguished road
Hey ladies!

I havenít been on in a while. I use to be home and on meds with all my boobie post op issues so I was on a lot. My last surgery was last October for a slight bottoming out revision. I go in tomorrow for a follow-up. Iím going to talk to my surgeon about my nipple placement. The one nipple just doesnít want to drift up when the implant is settling. Iím hoping he can lift it up. However, if the risk is too high than I might just leave it. If he says no to lifting it than I may get a second opinion. I donít know. Iím going to post pics. I have pics posted from my first surgery two years ago May. I hope you are all doing well and staying healthy.

BooBitties and Flatnomo like this.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by BooBitties View Post
The forum isn't going anywhere. There are just too many women that love the anonymity that JBI has to offer that you just can't get anywhere else. Here, you have the option of setting your albums to public or private - I keep my albums here set to private. Yes, your surgeon would need you to sign a form allowing them to use your before and after pictures on their site.
Wonderful! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the anonymity. It's nice you can share as much as you're comfortable with on this forum. I'm not sure if I'll put up an album yet, but I know I'd rather have pics here than allow a surgeon to use my photos. I like being in control of exactly what's shown and the fact you have to create an account to see them. I'm curious if there are surgery discounts for allowing use of photos. I get that B&A shots are so helpful to a surgeon and potential patients. It just feels safer declining to me.

BooBitties likes this.
Old 05-21-2020, 06:00 PM

MommaTo3Boys is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BooBitties View Post
Welcome back! It's a private group so no one would be able to see that you are a member or what you post there. We have over 2100 members there, even some of the JBI oldies are there
Thank you! Iíll check it out

BooBitties likes this.
Reply Subscribe