Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Surgery in a week! How do I distract myself?

Old 07-22-2020, 07:27 PM

ItNeverHappened is on a distinguished road
Surgery in a week! How do I distract myself?

So, after years of waiting and going back and forth about whether I actually wanted this, I'm finally getting my BA next week!

The days seem to be crawling by and I'm both nervous and excited and can't wait. How did you all distract yourself in the week leading up to your surgery? Any recommendations for passing time quickly?
Old 07-22-2020, 10:48 PM

ilovefrosties23 is on a distinguished road
Watching YouTube videos is a great way to pass time.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:27 PM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
Start making meals and putting them in the freezer so you don't have to cook for a few weeks after surgery. Deep clean the house. Make a list of netflix, hulu, amazon shows to watch while laying around. Find & download some free kindle books to read. Work on your tan because after surgery laying out is a no no for awhile. Good luck and quick healing!!!
Old 07-27-2020, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the responses!

The meal prep idea is great. I have the ingredients to make a big lasagna so I think I will do that. It's one of the few foods I can eat for multiple days in a row without getting sick of it.

I'm getting pretty excited and kind of nervous. I had my pre-op today (normally it would have been last week, but the surgeon was on vacation) and finalized my size. Two days, it's getting about time!
Old 07-27-2020, 06:58 PM

SammiNYC is on a distinguished road
Me too!! I'm getting mine done thursday.. I'm excited and terrified (never been under general anesthesia before).
Old 07-27-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by SammiNYC View Post
Me too!! I'm getting mine done thursday.. I'm excited and terrified (never been under general anesthesia before).
Awesome!! Thankfully, I had my tonsils removed when I was 11-12 years old, so I at least know what to expect. One second you're awake with the anesthesiologist talking to you, the next you're waking up. I'm still nervous myself though. I've never had bad reactions to it, but it's always weird. Not bad, just weird. The anticipation is the worst part. I'll be sure to ask you how it went on Thursday, or whenever I remember (I haven't taken this pain medication before or the anti-inflammatory I was prescribed, so I may be too dopey to remember for a bit, haha). Just remember, if they look freaky, don't worry, it'll get better (the pain too!).