Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By ItNeverHappened
  • 2 Post By heymom3
  • 1 Post By SummerSnowflake
  • 1 Post By Daisee
  • 1 Post By wewanttitties
  • 1 Post By ItNeverHappened
  • 1 Post By ItNeverHappened
  • 1 Post By Krenpar

Makeup During Surgery

Old 08-19-2020, 12:01 PM

Music is on a distinguished road
Makeup During Surgery

So I'm already very self-conscious of what I look like without makeup. I love my eyeliner and mascara, but I know I'm not the only woman without beautiful lashes. However, my skin, which is already problematic, has really been acting up due to the masks I'm wearing these days. I keep breaking out around my mouth! Could I get away with some concealer or foundation around my mouth?
Old 08-19-2020, 01:55 PM

ItNeverHappened is on a distinguished road
I don't think I've heard of a surgeon allowing people to wear makeup for surgery. It can definitely increase risk for infection since makeup usually has a fair bit of bacteria in it after being used. If you show up with makeup they'll definitely wipe it off and might cancel surgery.

I have adult cystic acne and acne scars and I rarely go out without makeup to cover it, so I understand, but I wouldn't risk the surgery or infection for it. I just gritted my teeth and didn't wear makeup.

dj2012 and Music like this.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:42 AM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
No makeup is allowed during surgery. I wouldn't worry about what you look like during that time because nobody else there is going to have makeup on either. I have found not wearing foundation has helped my skin clear up...wearing makeup and masks made me breakout bad. I am also using Keihls Cannibis sativa seed oil herbal concentrate face oil has also made a big difference. It isn't cheap but you only need a few drops for your whole face. Good luck on your surgery and positive healing thoughts!

dj2012 and Music like this.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:59 PM
Boobs! Boobs everywhere!

SummerSnowflake will become famous soon enough
I work in healthcare and I can 110% tell you that each staff in the operating theatre is concerned with the list of things they have to do before/during/after your surgery and concerned with your wellbeing, and not for a second will your bad skin even be noticed or mentioned. Please, please do not wear make up, the risk of infection is not worth the short time of any embarassment you may feel.

Music likes this.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:07 AM

Daisee is on a distinguished road
You will be intubated (tube down your throat to secure an airway for anesthesia). Tube will be held in place with tape around your mouth. I wouldnít put any makeup on. Itís possible they may tape your eyes shut during surgery too (too keep it from drying out) so mascara and lashes and all that is not a good idea either. Really, nobody will care that you donít have perfect skin. You will be out of it after the procedure too and the last thing youíll want to do is have to wash your face or use your arms for anything for a few days.

Music likes this.
Old 12-08-2020, 12:27 AM

You all are so sweet, but trust me I look like a monster without at least a little makeup! If I use some brand-new tqransferproof foundation around my mouth, could that still cause infection? Again, I'm not being so vain that I'm talking eyeshadow or mascara. I feel self-conscious enough without all that, but the skin around my mouth during covid has gotten even worse.

I wonder if I could start self-tanning my face but not do it day of? Is that safe as long as I cleanse my face in the morning?
Old 12-08-2020, 06:33 AM

wewanttitties is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Music View Post
You all are so sweet, but trust me I look like a monster without at least a little makeup! If I use some brand-new tqransferproof foundation around my mouth, could that still cause infection? Again, I'm not being so vain that I'm talking eyeshadow or mascara. I feel self-conscious enough without all that, but the skin around my mouth during covid has gotten even worse.

I wonder if I could start self-tanning my face but not do it day of? Is that safe as long as I cleanse my face in the morning?
I also canít speak for any specific surgeon but I know mine was a strict no on makeup, nails or anything applied that day, even lotions or moisturisers.
As someone who got a small infection and it was hit or miss whether it would have to have them removed I personally donít think it would be worth it. I completely understand being self conscious as Iím about to start accutane for my skin but the stress of infection would totally not be worth being embarrassed for a few hours. I guess if youíre really stressed, talk openly to your surgeon and see if there is anything they can suggest.

I did actually have to wear a face mask in the hospital waiting for my surgery and literally only took it off a split second before, in the theatre, maybe thatís an option or even what theyíll want you to do? Then it means itís literally only when you wake up, when you could put it on again

Music likes this.
Old 12-12-2020, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Music View Post

Yes, that can still cause infection. I have cystic acne that develops into sores on my face and had to go without any makeup for my surgery. Trust me, your health is way more than post-op complications from makeup.

Trust me, the people in the operating room won't notice. Everyone except your PS and their nurse won't even remember you following the surgery because they assist on so many. And even then, your PS and their nurse see so many patients that there is no way they can even remember what your face looked like the day of surgery compared to any other day.

Music likes this.
Old 12-19-2020, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the information ladies. One thing I might do is not wear much makeup during consult so I don't surprise anyone too much day of surgery! lol
Old 12-19-2020, 03:29 PM

Oh, I forgot to mention, because of COVID you'll have a mask on your face the entire time you wait. They only take off the mask when they are ready to put you under for surgery. So, you'll only be conscious for a couple minutes while your mask is off. When you wake up you'll be too out of it to care for the first hour or so, depending on how you react to anesthesia. (Tangent: I was coherent very quickly. It was a nurse's first day on the job and I was comforting her and telling her it would get easier and she was doing great lol. Normally I am not quite so forward with strangers, but anesthesia definitely makes me talkative. When they moved me from the bed to a recover chair they were surprised at how fast/normally I was walking and were a little worried I would fall over or something lol. Everyone responds differently. You may be groggy for hours depending on how your body reacts or you may alert right after waking up).

Also, the more you go without makeup in situations like this, the more it actually helps anxiety about stuff like this (I know it's easier said than done. Trust me, I've been there). But it's definitely stressful, especially at first, so make sure you're not too hard on yourself about it and practice self care. Just don't wear makeup to the surgery :P

Music likes this.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:39 PM

Krenpar is on a distinguished road
Just don't worry about it. No one is going to discuss the way your face looks during the surgery. The doctors will be focused on more important things, because your health is their priority. More than that, you'll be connected to specific devices, and they will definitely erase your makeup. Anyway, you can go for eyelash extensions if it will make you feel better. I buy them from an online store that provides cheap makeup online uk. They are easy to use and last for a long period of time. Good luck on your surgery, stay healthy!

Music likes this.