Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

Inspira Soft Touch (vs Responsive) - Who has them?

Old 12-06-2020, 05:45 PM

summercambridge is on a distinguished road
Inspira Soft Touch (vs Responsive) - Who has them?

HI all,

Gosh, finally going through with my implants.... I almost got them in my 20s but then I decided to hold off until I had my kids. Three kids later, despite being a big C/D breastfeeding, I'm a somewhat sunken in A cup. Bottom line, I want pretty modest/smaller implants while still filling out my existing pockets/breast tissue, and three doctors told me (each coming to the same conclusion) that I should get 275-300 cc silicone (under muscle). Well, one doctor suggested so-called sub-fascial, but the other two doctors I had consults with (and plenty online on forums) argue that sub-fascial is really not much different than sub-glandular.

My final question now that I'm wrestling with is deciding between the Allergen Responsive vs Soft Touch. Who here has had the Soft Touch? Do you like them? I know they are a little bit firmer and rounder (ie less natural than the Responsive), but my PS says that the rippling risk is less. The other thing I like about them (although I'm trying to investigate this further), is I feel like the more cohesive your implants are, the easiest they would be to remove/clean out if they rupture. Maybe there isn't too big of a difference between the Responsive vs Soft Touch in terms of leakage... I don't know. I just asked the question on Real Self because I want to see what other doctors have seen from their experience.

Anyway look forward to everyone's thoughts. Thanks.

Old 12-06-2020, 06:55 PM

Reading some old posts, I also wonder how noticeable the difference is when looking at your body (in terms of implant roundness) of the Responsive vs Soft Touch. Everyone says Responsive looks more natural, which makes sense since the silicone would settle more downward. But I wonder how actually visually different they look or if its just a slight difference. I'd be getting mod+
Old 12-12-2020, 03:21 PM

ItNeverHappened is on a distinguished road
I have responsive, not soft touch, but I wanted to add my two cents here. I had very little natural breast tissue and what I did have was very firm. My breasts were more of a sideways oval shape and had very short vertical height, so there are actually spots where there is no breast tissue over the implant on the bottom, just skin and scar tissue (especially on the right breast. my PS lowered the crease to correct asymmetry due to mild scoliosis). I had very mild rippling on the sides only at first and really it might have just been weird swelling. I now have *no* rippling. I can feel the implants themselves when I press with my fingers around my incision sites because I had no breast tissue there, but I really have to search for it. My husband never notices.

I think it also depends on if you want the most natural look possible vs. a little more on the augmented side. It also depends on surgical technique. My PS felt she could get a more natural result with responsive implants.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:30 AM

heymom3 will become famous soon enough heymom3 will become famous soon enough
I have had both..... Now my outcome is a bit different due to botched issues in my right side but...... The responsive felt more real than the soft touch. On top of that the soft touch moved very slowly back into place after being squeezed where as the responsive move more normal. I could literally see the soft touch moving which was freaky. Dr Revis said those implants were too thick of a shell for my body so he changed me to the mentor but I really like the feel of the responsive the best out of all the implants I've had. The mentor feel like over filled saline. Hope this helps some.
The Following User Says Thank You to heymom3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2021, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by heymom3 View Post
I have had both..... Now my outcome is a bit different due to botched issues in my right side but...... The responsive felt more real than the soft touch. On top of that the soft touch moved very slowly back into place after being squeezed where as the responsive move more normal. I could literally see the soft touch moving which was freaky. Dr Revis said those implants were too thick of a shell for my body so he changed me to the mentor but I really like the feel of the responsive the best out of all the implants I've had. The mentor feel like over filled saline. Hope this helps some.
Omg, this was like the most helpful post you could have made!! I don't think there's that many people who had both and could compare!! So helpful! You've definitely moved me more into the Responsive camp.

So, my main PS that I plan to use said that either would work for me. But he said that I would have less risk of rippling if I used the Soft Touch. He didn't push me that hard in that direction -- he just said that hypothetically rippling should be less because the implant is more firm. I have pretty thin skin if you can see my Public pre-BA post.
Old 02-19-2021, 11:13 AM

Crmmkm is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by summercambridge View Post
HI all,

Gosh, finally going through with my implants.... I almost got them in my 20s but then I decided to hold off until I had my kids. Three kids later, despite being a big C/D breastfeeding, I'm a somewhat sunken in A cup. Bottom line, I want pretty modest/smaller implants while still filling out my existing pockets/breast tissue, and three doctors told me (each coming to the same conclusion) that I should get 275-300 cc silicone (under muscle). Well, one doctor suggested so-called sub-fascial, but the other two doctors I had consults with (and plenty online on forums) argue that sub-fascial is really not much different than sub-glandular.

My final question now that I'm wrestling with is deciding between the Allergen Responsive vs Soft Touch. Who here has had the Soft Touch? Do you like them? I know they are a little bit firmer and rounder (ie less natural than the Responsive), but my PS says that the rippling risk is less. The other thing I like about them (although I'm trying to investigate this further), is I feel like the more cohesive your implants are, the easiest they would be to remove/clean out if they rupture. Maybe there isn't too big of a difference between the Responsive vs Soft Touch in terms of leakage... I don't know. I just asked the question on Real Self because I want to see what other doctors have seen from their experience.

Anyway look forward to everyone's thoughts. Thanks.
I have responsive so I cant compare in my body to the soft touch but feeling outside I liked the feel of responsive better and I love how they feel in my body. I have no rippling at all! I also have thin skin and my first set I had which was Allergen Style 20s I had pretty intense rippling on the outsides especially when I leaned over. Switching to the responsive completely got rid of my rippling and I'm 3 years postop now.

Crmmkm's plastic surgeon is Andrew Wolfe, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-01-2021, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Crmmkm View Post
I have responsive so I cant compare in my body to the soft touch but feeling outside I liked the feel of responsive better and I love how they feel in my body. I have no rippling at all! I also have thin skin and my first set I had which was Allergen Style 20s I had pretty intense rippling on the outsides especially when I leaned over. Switching to the responsive completely got rid of my rippling and I'm 3 years postop now.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason for your first revision? Just due to the rippling? Or just to go bigger? Or both? Also, aren't the Style 20s also Responsive gel? That's what it says on their website but I could be misunderstanding. I thought the Style 20s are just High Profile (vs moderate), but the gel is Responsive. Then the Style 15 is mod profile +, also Responsive gel.