Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum General Breast Augmentation Discussion

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

General Breast Augmentation Discussion This forum is for general questions about breast augmentation and breast implants.

What happens at the consult

Old 12-19-2020, 06:35 AM

sadanduneven is on a distinguished road
What happens at the consult

Hi! I have a very extreme C/A asymmetry and I finally have my first consultation! Any specific questions I should ask that I might forget about? Because of covid, I have to go to the consult alone and I知 worried about things I値l forget to ask. I知 also only 23 and still in school, so I need enough information to convince my parents to finance it and that this is safe.
Old 12-19-2020, 03:37 PM

ItNeverHappened is on a distinguished road
Hah, I am also 23 and in school, but I had to finance it myself.

Browse on here for a few days and you'll get a good idea of the basic questions to ask. Besides that, you may want to ask how experienced that PS is with correct asymmetry or if they do any reconstruction work (I find that surgeons who do reconstructions tend to be more experienced overall). Ask if the symmetry is only in your breast or if they think you may also have chest wall asymmetry. My BA was the reason I found out I had chest wall asymmetry and that caused most of my breast asymmetry (not the case for you likely, but it wouldn't help if there was some). Later on I have found out I have mild scoliosis and pectus excavatum (mild/moderate) that also contributed to the asymmetry. In hindsight, my PS probably saw this when doing the surgery and compensated for it beautifully. You can't tell at all that my breasts were ever asymmetrical or that one sits deeper on my chest than the other (the ribcage on my right is sunken more than the left).
Old 12-22-2020, 08:06 AM

sadanduneven is on a distinguished road
thank you so much! I just saw the PS yesterday and he's done asymmetry / reconstruction! He didn't give me a lot of opportunities to ask questions.. i definitely know more from reading the forum than from our consult...should I be worried?
Old 12-22-2020, 06:10 PM

ItNeverHappened is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sadanduneven View Post
thank you so much! I just saw the PS yesterday and he's done asymmetry / reconstruction! He didn't give me a lot of opportunities to ask questions.. i definitely know more from reading the forum than from our consult...should I be worried?
Not necessarily. Each doctor/surgeon has their own style. Some like to explain more details about the procedure, some less, some provide explicit opportunities to ask questions, some don't. As long as they're willing to answer questions that you do ask and allow you to ask them then it's probably fine. A lot of people don't care about the details, so that's probably what your PS is used to.

Good luck!